Overcoming Airasia's 503 Service Unavailable Bug....

4evermaat

I'm guessing it is either a genuine bug or a ploy to discourage overbooking promo tickets. But either way, it is annoying to see that you filled out all pages correctly, get to the final payment page, and when you click on the final submit button (final-final) to process your credit card, you get a plain white webpage that says "503 Service Unavailable". The live chat reps appear clueless, and it scared the heck out of me as I had just had an expired session and actually missed out on my first choice of flight. I was able to get the second choice (same day, but later) and then I get that 503 service unavailable crap. I heard of others on TV having this same problem, but having to go through the entire process again. I couldn't risk this promo magically becoming unavailable, so here's what I did:

1) do not close out your browser window. On the same window (or tab) that you see the 503 error page, click the browser's 'back' button. The browser will prompt that it will have to submit/reload 'expired' form information, and ask you for confirmation. Click on 'reload/submit/ok'.

This will NOT process the payment (I originally thought so). It will instead take you back to the final submission page where you confirm the final price and select your payment information again.

2) You will have to re-enter the credit card information and submit the payment form again as usual.

3) If all is well, you will be taken to the 'verified by visa' prompt to complete that step, which is the last form you should have to complete related to payment. Then you wait for the VbV to finish (30-60 seconds).

4) If all is well, you get the coveted success/flight confirmation page. Now you can exhalethumbsup.gif. Check email within 5 minutes for itinerary.

PS: Was 2560 baht with seat selection, credit card, and shuttle bus to LCCT from Kuala Lumpur, MY to Ho Chi Min City, Vietnam a good deal?