Renting Condo Faqs

Hi,

I will be renting my first place soon, in a month or two. It'll either be a apartment of a condo, whatever I find which fits my budget!

The thing is, I'm unsure of how all these works?

I found a place(condo/studio) which I really like on the Internet, it's stated that its 4,500 baht per month. I know it sounds too good to be true so for anyone who has experience do you know if there's any extra charges?

other than the electricity/water bills?

Also as I'm on a tight budget, is there any way I could ask for a lower price? :P or is it a fixed price?

I am a little confuse here. First you say 4,500, to good to be true, but then ask if they will reduce the price? huhlaugh.png

Anyway, many appartment in around BK for this price.They call appartment (in mansion, is a word the thai use.) Condo meaning the big room in newer expensive building,you can forget on your budget whistling.gif

will have to pay 1 month upfront plus security deposit you sometime able to get back.

Yes also you will get fee for water and electrical. If you want can hire a tv,fridge in some places. If you want aircon can be more but you can get a/c appartment in BK for this price.Many cheaper room have no hot water tho.

If they promote start price is 4500 maybe everthing total will be 5,500-6000.

You can have problem sometime a lot of appartment need tennant to sign for minimum 6-12 months but you can find one who do not.

I did so you can to! mine include everything above not more than 5,ooo a month and no time contract

good luck!!!!

Oops, sorry! I was thinking how It was all soo good for a fully furnished studio! but still a little over what I'd love to pay for you know tongue.png

Oh, I guess that's pretty much it? The bills and all! Thanks for answering me!

First of all, apartments are spaces you rent in a building that is owned by a single person or company. Therefore the rents are usually not very flexible, as they tend to be standardised for the buliding.

Condos are buildings where the individual units are separately owned. There are cases where one person will buy several units but, by and large, they are individulas with whom one can negotiate. The prices within the same building can vary quite a lot, depending on how greedy each owner is, what kind of financing they have to carry with the rental income etc..

I used to live in a condo building and paid 30% less than any of my neighbours for exactly the same type of unit, jus because my owner was some mega fat-cat who didn't care about the rental money, but just wanted his investment property kept in one piece.

Edited by fstarbkk

I used to live in a condo building and paid 30% less than any of my neighbours for exactly the same type of unit, jus because my owner was some mega fat-cat who didn't care about the rental money, but just wanted his investment property kept in one piece.

I pay a lot less than my neighbours for a similar reason, though my landlord is certainly not a fat-cat.

Even so, I made my offer and I wouldn't budge as I know that I am more or less a perfect tenant. The agent and he both knew it too.