Are There Two Different Espn Channels?

richb2004

Are there two different ESPN channels?

I have the non UBC ‘large dish’ satellite system. I don’t check the schedule except on Saturdays for the Premiership. I always have different programs on my ESPN. Tonight instead of Liverpool v Wigan, which the papers schedule told me I should have on ESPN, I had some basketball. I think I used to have another ESPN some where else on the system, but can no longer find it.

Does anyone else have a similar system and do you have the same ESPN?

Can't help you with your system I am afraid but it does sound like you are tuned into a different ESPN - probably from another country in the region - maybe India.

Can you confirm which sattelite you were using? Is your dish moveable?

More info would help.

BTW - Liverpool won 1-0 and now Chelsea are losing 2-0 to the Boro at half time!! :o

Are there two different ESPN channels?

I have the non UBC ‘large dish’ satellite system. I don’t check the schedule except on Saturdays for the Premiership. I always have different programs on my ESPN. Tonight instead of Liverpool v Wigan, which the papers schedule told me I should have on ESPN, I had some basketball. I think I used to have another ESPN some where else on the system, but can no longer find it.

Does anyone else have a similar system and do you have the same ESPN?

Depending on the satellite you used there are a number of different ESPN's across our Asian region as follows;

1. ESPN Asia (UBC, Astro, Dream, Skywave networks)

2. ESPN China

3. ESPN Taiwan

4. ESPN general (Panamsat 7/10 and PAS 8 / B1 Sky, it is a mix of usa ESPN 1 & 2 together with other ESPN's depending on the content)

Most English soccer is now days free to air and can be found on the following satellites;

Thaicom 2/3 C Band

Telkom C Band

Palapa C Band

Asiasat 4 C Band

Apstar 6 C band

In most cases live and the English commentary on the left hand audio channel.

Also remember what is in the Thai news papers is for the Thai cable TV network called UBC and at times other ESPN's will time shift the programmes to their local time zones.

Edited by jsat