His Majesty The King Reviews Royal Projects Progress At Chitralada Palace

webfact

King reviews royal projects progress at Chitralada Palace

By Digital Media

king.jpeg

BANGKOK, Nov 27 -- His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej visited Chitralada Palace Monday to review progress of the projects he initiated as well as to visit the Royal Elephant Museum inside the compound.

His Majesty the King left Siriraj Hospital’s Chalermprakiat Building Monday afternoon at 3pm where he has been receiving nourishment to regain his strength since September 2009 when he was admitted with fever, fatigue and a lung inflammation.

The monarch appeared before the public with a happy face, sitting on a wheelchair and passing a large assemblage of well-wishers lining the way at Siriraj to catch a glimpse of him. They raised his portraits and chanted “Long Live the King.”

His Majesty the King spent the afternoon visiting his dairy farm and other places within the palace compound.

The dairy farm is one of his royally-initiated projects, and was set up in 1962 to select and improve dairy cattle breeds for Thailand as well as to promote dairy farming in the country.

After inspecting activities at the farm, he went to the Chitralada UHT milk processing plant which was set up in 2003 to make use of the oversupply of raw milk.

His Majesty the King visited the solar cell house where solar cells are installed on the rooftop to generate electricity.

After that he visited the Royal Elephant Museum, located in the palace compound.

The King viewed statues of royal elephants and spent time studying the history of the royal elephants that belonged to each previous king of the Chakri dynasty.

His Majesty the King was at Chitralada Palace for about two and one half hours before returning to Siriraj Hospital at 5.20pm. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-11-27

a friendly reminder

2) Not to express disrespect of the King of Thailand or anyone else in the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family. Discussion of the lese majeste law or lese majeste cases is permitted on the forum, providing no comment or speculation is made referencing the royal family. To breach this rule will result in immediate ban.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

As much as I bash Thailand I feel like the King is THE highlight of this country. For the good of Thailand, I hope his health can take him another 50 years. It's good to see him in public again. Every time he shows his face it seems to have a calming effect on the Thais.

Long Live The King.

• Like 1

the 1st time I came to Thailand I was working in Saraburi when the King celebrated his 80th birthday and I was so impressed with how much the ordinary people really loved him, I had avoided the country as a tourist destination because of the sex trade but I fell in love with the country and now live in Rayong province. I have seen many documentaries since I've been here about his interest in things like climate change etc, to make rain, and he seems to have taken a genuine interest in making the lives of his subjects better. the rules on the forum, and living in Thailand, are very clear about what you can express about his majesty so please be careful what you put in print and or say in public. even with friends I look around first before making any comments about any of the royal family.