Suthep's Son, 3 Others Face Action Over Alleged Forest Encroachment: Thailand

webfact

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having lived and worked here for more than 21 years perhaps like many others I have somewhat more insight as to the designs and the delights and the ultimate aims of Thaksin and his family along with their brown nosing self serving acolytes..

Unless you're blind or brainwashed you have to admit that the scale of corruption by the current maladministration is the most blatant theft of the nations monetary wealth and its resources and its attempts to ride roughshod over the judicial system in the history of Thailand.

That old chestnut.

I find that many of the longer-term expats are actually more out of touch with modern Thai politics.

That is evidenced daily on here, by reading the same old tirades backed up with flimsy evidence and personal grudges from the same old posters.

It is also quite ironic that this thread has turned into yet another off-topic comparison of how corrupt each of the major political parties are, given that the protagonist brought down an elected government in the 90's due to corruption!

I'm a bit confused. Isn't this topic about Sutheps son, allegedly pinching some land? Went back and re read it and can't seem to find any references to Thaksin, Chalerm et al.

Some folks here should consider becoming novel writers. They seem to be expert at introducing characters into a story.

Edited by Fozfromoz

PM'S DECLARATION:'Democracy is not my goal' Thaksin suggests he'll block any move for amendments to rein in his power

Hugo6 post # 59.

The words of a megalomaniac, no disputing that he made and believes in that ethic.

Hugo6, indeed you are an interesting poster with a style somewhat reminiscent of a recently banned poster who now posts elsewhere, using a slightly altered version of their original posting name here.

Having lived and worked here for more than 21 years perhaps like many others I have somewhat more insight as to the designs and the delights and the ultimate aims of Thaksin and his family along with their brown nosing self serving acolytes..

Their antics and the foul fetid stench of corruption, the manipulation of tax laws and the judiciary and the promoting of civil unrest that emanates from the Thaksin family and their brown nosing self serving acolytes is indeed a nauseous toxic stench that will if not halted kill the little democracy that we currently have inherited in this country and enslave its peoples into debt bondage.

After reviewing your posts on this forum one can hardly say you do not subscribe to the whole Thaksin and the Red Shirt ideology can we?

Unless you're blind or brainwashed you have to admit that the scale of corruption by the current maladministration is the most blatant theft of the nations monetary wealth and its resources and its attempts to ride roughshod over the judicial system in the history of Thailand.

Corruption exists on all sides, however there are a few good politicians out there from all factions, mores the pity they can't be brought together to actually run this country for the benefit of ts people and not the personal enrichment of the politicians.

I'd tell you what I really think but that would earn me another point and time off for bad behavior

This government has demonstrated that corruption is legal.

No case to answer

This is a case of encroachment not corruption.

Just by looking at the photo if that is the property in question, it seems a tragedy that that large swathe of forest has been chopped down. No idea if this was legal or not, but looks quite a damning photo- although I am sure there are similar cases all over Thailand, as the first respondent mentioned.

Encroachment via title manipulation is corruption. But corruption is endemic to Thailand.

Besides the type of title deeds, the DATE at which the deeds were purchased and converted

has as much or more to do with the illegality of the acts, as the acts themselves.

Laws have changed and this may well be a political try at

'forward dating an action to fit under a newer law.'

If they were processed BEFORE a certain set of dates they are totally legal and grandfathered in if the design process was passed on to Tessebaan first. If later then there is potential illegal acts. But not worthy of the full court press, in the press this is being used for, This is 'political trial by news sources' be fore the facts are ascertained.

We do know, from all appearances, that the DSI is acting as lapdog of PTP leadership at present.

This road and construction project was happening BEFORE the Dems got into office.

This is not a new thing started once Suthep got power in Bangkok.

A bigger story is that;

the powers that be of the day, are going after anything connected

with Suthep and Abhisit, no matter how small or large to marginalize them

from being a functional opposing power to the Shin Clan's power grab.

This is just a tit for tat, targeted attack on someone connected with Suthep.

Because he is generally hated by PTP and it's predecessors.

Business as usual, nothing to see here, move along.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1

I see that the usual suspects for each side are out as usual with the my side is cleaner and less corrupt than your side when in reality BOTH sides are as bad as each other.

The red underpants are worse for somethings and the yellow anderpants are worse for others.

ALL of them are dirty and NONE of them care about anything apart from power and money and certainly not about the people of Thailand.

If you want to stop corruption take 20 of the highest ranking people from the police, military, civil service and politicians from all sides and shoot them.

Then tell the rest they have a week to stop being corrupt or the next time there will 50 of each to be shot.

And so on.........

Jurgen post # 61

I understand your point of view. As I said before I like to talk with old people because there is a lot to learn from them. But I also think that what happened in the past should stay in the past and it's time for you to enjoy your retirement.

I also agrre that you should do the same as me.

Let's be truthful your political views are much the same as the character who caused my father among many others to be packed off on an all expenses paid tour of Europe and Egypt and back to Europe in the first half of the last century due to the somewhat egotistical megalomaniac national leader whose views and ideals are so beloved by Thaksin and espoused by him..

The man you support had a wonderful mentor and role model,You might do well to listen to what we old people have to say,patronizing people indeed shows your inability and reluctance to actually understand anything you don't want to understand..Reality bites Jurgen.

Please do come and join me in our mutual retirement, Me for daring to make comments that upset you and the rest of the oh so erudite younger people and you for your rather antiquated political views.

TD1.jpg

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 1

We've been around for about the same time. I came first as a student with my dad then I stayed as a young men and now a middle aged middle manager. So we will agree that the area changed a lot during the past 20 years.

But the big difference is while I was growing up, you were getting old. You want things to remain the same, I want things to move with their (my) time. Abhisit defends Thainess and a mythical Thailand than only exists in the mind of the old elite, the "good old time". Thaksin brings change. Abhisit fight for isolation, a Thailand out of time, a "magical kingdom". Thaksin engages with reality, with our neighbors, Cambodia, Burma, Singapore, to build the South East Asia of tomorrow.

I understand your point of view. As I said before I like to talk with old people because there is a lot to learn from them. But I also think that what happened in the past should stay in the past and it's time for you to enjoy your retirement.

Can you show me some examples of Abhisit defending Thainess or fighting isolation? I think you're talking BS.

• Like 1

We've been around for about the same time. I came first as a student with my dad then I stayed as a young men and now a middle aged middle manager. So we will agree that the area changed a lot during the past 20 years.

But the big difference is while I was growing up, you were getting old. You want things to remain the same, I want things to move with their (my) time. Abhisit defends Thainess and a mythical Thailand than only exists in the mind of the old elite, the "good old time". Thaksin brings change. Abhisit fight for isolation, a Thailand out of time, a "magical kingdom". Thaksin engages with reality, with our neighbors, Cambodia, Burma, Singapore, to build the South East Asia of tomorrow.

Can you show me some examples of Abhisit defending Thainess or fighting isolation? I think you're talking BS.

Bet I am older than you and want things to progress.There are those who stand pat and will till the day they die,

and others will always learn and develop till the day they die. Just because the old are less mobile or have determined over time that they DO like somethings a lot more than other things, that does NOT mean they are stuck in time and only listen to what they want to hear.

You are an ageist, and that means your youth and attitude apparently blinds you to what happens for real with those older than you.

As to Abihisit defending Thai culture. All politicians MUST, it's part of the schooled in 'exceptionalism of Thai-ness' that all Thais have been told endlessly that they possess. Of course he does push that, at the same time he CLEARLY advocated and installed programs to increase Thai culture, Thai's educational standards, and it's relevance in the world. Many have fought him tooth and tong for trying. Or simply because their group didn't profit in the deals.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 2

As to Abihisit defending Thai culture. All politicians MUST, it's part of the schooled in 'exceptionalism of Thai-ness' that all Thais have been told endlessly that they possess. Of course he does push that, at the same time he CLEARLY advocated and installed programs to increase Thai culture, Thai's educational standards, and it's relevance in the world. Many have fought him tooth and tong for trying. Or simply because their group didn't profit in the deals.

Wonderful post, seem to recall how the paid opposition wanted to burn Bangkok down as they were rather afraid of progress rather like the Luddites in England in their time,. also the exposure of the rampant corruption that had been carried on then and after a short hiatus that corruption is rife yet again and it's the same old names and faces involved too.

New political party name, same old scoundrels

• Like 1

Bet I am older than you and want things to progress.There are those who stand pat and will till the day they die,

and others will always learn and develop till the day they die. Just because the old are less mobile or have determined over time that they DO like somethings a lot more than other things, that does NOT mean they are stuck in time and only listen to what they want to hear.

You are an ageist, and that means your youth and attitude apparently blinds you to what happens for real with those older than you.

I'm not clear whether you believe in Thai exceptionalism or not.I don't for a moment.I don't believe in American exceptionalism either although I guess most Americans do.It's a less absurd proposition given America's distinctive history and unique contribution to mankind - the right to liberty, property and pursuit of happiness but as for Thailand it makes no sense at all.If you mean Thailand should be proud of its culture and take measures to defend it as well as teaching young people about it, I fully agree with you.But that is an entirely different matter from "exceptionalism'.

Most university students get past the stage of thinking they know it all. You obviously still have a lot to learn.

Start with "The only constant is change." Those with experience try to make it change for the better.

Exceptionalism as a basic condition of your life :

ie believing that you and your countrymen are better than all others,

and no matter what you do it is better than all others ;

is to most rational minds the root of most national troubles,

and that of a nations neighbors, no matter what nation.

That you are willing to 'guess' about Americans seems to

indicate your superficial knowledge about them.

Edited by animatic

If superficial knowledge means study of American history at an elite university,so be it.From your poor English it's not clear what your nationality is but your definition of exceptionalism is wrong.The key point is that it does not suggest that one's country is 'better' just that it is qualitatively different.Your mistake is I agree one often made by the unlettered but for the better educated the best understanding of American exceptionalism can be found in the works of a foreigner,de Toqueville.There is some substance to the American claim but not to Thai claims to be original or unique in a significant way.

I lived in a country in Europe that was forever comparing itself to its neighbour and satisfying itself that as long as it beat its neighbour that was enough.

It harkened back to halcyon days of battles won and carried a rather dark memory of battles lost that the people still learnt and memorised centuries after these events.

That country was Greece, and its neighbour was Turkey.

Great people, but amazing ability for navel gazing. Sound familiar?

• 1 year later...

I imagine soon that Suthep will ensure that his son is suddenly given a party list seat and becomes an MP, there bye ensuring he never has to answer for his crimes. I just wish the judiciary would start locking some of the people up in Bang Kwang.

I thought Taen Thaugsuban is representing District 1 of Surat Thani already but I might be wrong. He is/was also the CEO of Srisuban Farm Co., Ltd. which runs shrimp farms in the South and they also claim to own 2000 rai of Palm Oil plantations. I have actually nothing against the political elite in Thailand but if they start going to the streets they have to make sure they cover all their backs. I guess they will say now its all political motivated. Same same

• 1 month later...

The Thaugsuban clan at it again. They have previous for this sort of behaviour.

The Democrat Party won elections in 13 September 1992, shortly after Black May, and formed a government. Suthep became Agriculture Minister. As part of the Sor Por Kor 4-01 (สปก.4-01) land reform scheme, Suthep gave title deeds to 592 plots of land in Khao Sam Liam, Kamala and Nakkerd hills of Phuket province to 489 farmers. It was later found that members of 11 wealthy families in Phuket were among the recipients. Suthep addressed a huge crowd in his Surat Thani constituency a month before a no-confidence debate and called on his supporters to march on Bangkok in the hundreds of thousands to defend his reputation.[2] The scandal led Prime Minister Chuan Leekpai of the Democrat Party to dissolve the House of Representatives in July 1995 in order to avoid the no-confidence debate.[3] In subsequent elections, the Chart Thai party won a majority, leading to the downfall of Chuan Leekpai's Democrat Party-led government.

http://en.wikipedia....thep_Thaugsuban

Ah suthep, the bastion of honesty and virtue.

yet people still wonder why people don't believe him over the events of 2010

Sir

We should not be surprised what he or his family get up to,the man is a scumbag,of the highest order.

• Like 1

The Democrat Party won elections in 13 September 1992, shortly after Black May, and formed a government. Suthep became Agriculture Minister. As part of the Sor Por Kor 4-01 (สปก.4-01) land reform scheme, Suthep gave title deeds to 592 plots of land in Khao Sam Liam, Kamala and Nakkerd hills of Phuket province to 489 farmers. It was later found that members of 11 wealthy families in Phuket were among the recipients. Suthep addressed a huge crowd in his Surat Thani constituency a month before a no-confidence debate and called on his supporters to march on Bangkok in the hundreds of thousands to defend his reputation.[2] The scandal led Prime Minister Chuan Leekpai of the Democrat Party to dissolve the House of Representatives in July 1995 in order to avoid the no-confidence debate.[3] In subsequent elections, the Chart Thai party won a majority, leading to the downfall of Chuan Leekpai's Democrat Party-led government.

Sir

We should not be surprised what he or his family get up to,the man is a scumbag,of the highest order.

I have wondered for years about who is on that land in Phuket. It was never allowed to be investigated. When they tried again in 2005 it triggered the coup.

There is no doubt this was one of the major factors as the DSI were down there in October last year looking into it, and low and behold. Suthep is out of his cage. Note, the DSI was one of the first offices to be broken into and you can bet there were agents in there who were after those files to protect their masters.

Many plots of land regulaly find their way into unscrupulous hands and the usual way in the South is for investigators, lawyers acting on behalf of the many people who have land stolen from them to be killed. Try looking at our beloved Phuket Media down the years.

Still nobody will say who is on it and I often wondered why details of the plots locations were never published. Army are very active business wise down there so the corruption in Phuket is of the un-touchable kind.

• Like 1

Sir

I have wondered for years about who is on that land in Phuket. It was never allowed to be investigated. When they tried again in 2005 it triggered the coup.

There is no doubt this was one of the major factors as the DSI were down there in October last year looking into it, and low and behold. Suthep is out of his cage. Note, the DSI was one of the first offices to be broken into and you can bet there were agents in there who were after those files to protect their masters.

Many plots of land regulaly find their way into unscrupulous hands and the usual way in the South is for investigators, lawyers acting on behalf of the many people who have land stolen from them to be killed. Try looking at our beloved Phuket Media down the years.

Still nobody will say who is on it and I often wondered why details of the plots locations were never published. Army are very active business wise down there so the corruption in Phuket is of the un-touchable kind.

Sir

U speak with wisdom.The south is ruled by Suthep,and god help anybody who crosses this vile creature

That is why I still maintain the opinion that the DEM's PDRC purpose in seizing power is to cover-up and whitewash irregularities and corruption cases of their clans and families. Reform, anti-amnesty, etc are just deflation.

Sent from my ME371MG using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1