New Canon Products

hughden

Gee.. I though it was only about sensor size and sensor technology. Didn't know that it covers also common lens mount. Interesting... got to read more. Moreover I saw Olympus E1 in one of the shop in Bangkok for only 28K Baht, about half price than wshen it was launched a couple of years ago.

Is that E1 price for a new one? If so that sounds like a good buy, even at only 5MP.

What about Foveon advantages over CCD/CMOS?

I'm not familiar with that...

Self cleaning sensor mechanism and more weather-proof features have been there since E1.

Yeah, but the "full-time live view" feature has just become available for the first time on E-330, while being a normal feature on all non-dSLR compacts for a long time.

Now I'm imagining 4/3 systems with KM integral AntiShake... :o

I think Sony-adopted KM should join 4/3 camp.

So now it's not about the L, but the IS which is more important.

I don't think that's what hughden implied. A good tripod can remedy hand/camera shake problem (if you're shooting still subject). But you'd still need an L-quality lens to "resolve". And if high resolution isn't important enough for you to spend extra money on high quality lens, why pay more for full-frame, high-resolving sensor?

Edited by Nordlys

Is that E1 price for a new one? If so that sounds like a good buy, even at only 5MP.

Yes, I believe it's new with the box etc. I saw on the display window and no sign that the store sells second hand cameras.

I saw another one at another store but more expensive, for 30K.

After all, it's almost the same as in US ($750-$800).

I think Sony-adopted KM should join 4/3 camp.

Yeah.. that would be great for the future. Though I doubt it, unless they want to kill KM mount. Or better then come up with KM to 4/3 vv lens mount adapter.

Edited by xty