Paying The Bill For Gprs

Bongo

I have a 1-2-call sim card and am i right it thinking if i call *138 and press 1 for English,

Select GPRS packages i will be talked through the set up and charged 1 baht a minute or as good as from my remaining credit? :o

If i got my wife to sign up for a unlimited package or some other deal with either AIS or DTAC as i don't have a work permit, How long do i have to sign up for? :D

How do i pay the Bill? :D

Do i just have to make sure there is enough Credit on the sim card or would the monthly cost need to be taken from my wifes Bank Account? :D

I have read in other posts that you get mailed a bill, i just need to know how i pay it? :D

BTW i will be using a Sierra 750 Wireless PCMCIA card in my laptop.

Regards Andy

Andy,

You can pay your Ais bill at almost any bank or post office for a small fee or if you have set up your bank account for online use you can pay it from the internet as I do. You can also pay at any AIS office with no surcharge.

I am on an AIS monthly billing plan and pay it through the KBank on line Bill Pay function there are no additional processing charges similar to the Banks or Post office.

Have fun.

If you don't do anything at all, you'll get billed 1 baht/minute from your one2call credit...

By dialling *138 you can subscribe to several gprs packages:

4 hours 30 Baht= 0.125 B/min

10 Hours 50 Baht = 0.083 B/min

25 Hours 100 Baht = 0.067 B/min

60 Hours 200 Baht = 0.055 B/min

120 Hours 350 Baht = 0.049 B/min

200 Hours 500 Baht = 0.042 B/min

400 Hours 900 Baht = 0.037 B/min

Add to every price 7% vat, so 1 Baht is actually 1.07 Baht and 100 Baht is 107 Baht!

This works out a lot cheaper then 1 Baht/minute!

Just choose a package that fits you, the price will be deducted from your one2call credit. No bills or bank account needed, just make sure there's enough credit on your one2card sim when you subscribe, and everytime the package will be renewed!

Do note that hese packages are monthly, meaning that if you take the 10 hours/month package, and you go over 10 hours before the month is finished, you'll get billed 1.07 Baht/min for every minute over 10 hours.

Cheers

I would recommend signing up with Dtac, the service is faster and more reliable than AIS. Stick with AIS for mobile phone use only.

Dtac offer an unlimited-use post-pay-contract for 999 baht + 250 baht + VAT per month. You will need: copy of passport and a copy of your driving license, and or, work permit. European driving licenses are valid and can be used to apply for a Thai license at the relevant Government office without taking an additional test. A motorcycle license qualifies, as well.

As of May 2005, a third option is available at Dtac: "GPRS Medium Package 399." This package offers 140 hours usage per month, a very generous 4.5 hours per day. If you go over the 140 hours then the charge rate is an extra half-baht per minute. VAT @ 7% is also payable and there is also a standing charge of 250 baht per month, as there is with all the other Dtac post-pay packages.

I hope this helps,

Regards

Tim

www.edgethailand.com

Thanks Guys for your very helpful replies, I've read many posts on GPRS on the forum, but struggled to find posts with details about paying for the services.

Tim, Your website was a great deal of help, it really spells it out clearly about getting to grips with GPRS in Thailand. Although i have a bluetooth phone and laptop, i feel after reading Aircard Vs. Mobile Phone i have done right by investing in a second hand (unlocked) Sierra 750 Wireless PCMCIA card for £15 (1,022 bt) in England.

I run out of books last time i went up sticks near Roi-et, but a internet connection should make life easier next time!!! :o

Cheers Andy

plus when you have your contract you can sign up for free online services - one of wich it to pay you bill by credit card - so no matter where you are you can keep dtac happy and you phone number going - plus your voice credit on zad rolls over up to 1500 bt and when you are out of the country just downgrade to the cheapest option - keeppaying your bills via the online services and when you get back to thailand upgrade to the gprs package you want - the 140 hours is good value

Does anyone know about the dtac edge offerings ? if you have an edge phone do you get the improved bandwidth by javing dtacs gprs packages ?

Cheers

I would recommend signing up with Dtac, the service is faster and more reliable than AIS. Stick with AIS for mobile phone use only.

Dtac offer an unlimited-use post-pay-contract for 999 baht + 250 baht + VAT per month. You will need: copy of passport and a copy of your driving license, and or, work permit. European driving licenses are valid and can be used to apply for a Thai license at the relevant Government office without taking an additional test. A motorcycle license qualifies, as well.

As of May 2005, a third option is available at Dtac: "GPRS Medium Package 399." This package offers 140 hours usage per month, a very generous 4.5 hours per day. If you go over the 140 hours then the charge rate is an extra half-baht per minute. VAT @ 7% is also payable and there is also a standing charge of 250 baht per month, as there is with all the other Dtac post-pay packages.

I hope this helps,

Regards

Tim

www.edgethailand.com

"I would recommend signing up with Dtac, the service is faster and more reliable than AIS. Stick with AIS for mobile phone use only."

No joking. AIS is extremely unreliable and slooooow. Don't even contemplate to query, unless you want to waste your time and run up your phone bill.

But then, I haven't tried the alternatives yet.

From the frying pan into the fire???

if you go to a dtac cust serv centre (world trade, sima paragon) they speak excellent english, sort out your problems and can provide tech support - along with a good cup of coffee and/or glass of fruit juice - hate to say this but i look forward to going there - it is one of the best customer service experiences i have had in thailand...

I run out of books last time i went up sticks near Roi-et, but a internet connection should make life easier next time!!! :D

Cheers Andy

It does Andy.... :o

The problem with using D-tac is that they don't seem to cover such a wide area as 1-2-Call (ais). Where I am I have to use 1-2-Call as there is no one else, and it seems that most people ini the sticks have to use AIS for this reason.

totster :D

The problem with using D-tac is that they don't seem to cover such a wide area as 1-2-Call (ais). Where I am I have to use 1-2-Call as there is no one else, and it seems that most people ini the sticks have to use AIS for this reason.

totster :o

That seems the case in the sticks Nr Roi-et, all the family members there are on 1-2-Call as they cannot get a signal with D-tac, so it looks like its 1-2-Call for me.

Andy