100% Occupancy!

phuketsub

I didn't think it was possible with so many hotels here already, but I have come to learn that hotels across are actually fully booked in mid-December and that hotelier are raising room rates to cash in on the situation (fair enough, they suffer through most of the year).

So my question is simple: I need to find four rooms starting December 19 at a reasonably priced (1000 or less) in a hotel or serviced apartment block for my Thai guests...Does anyone know of a particular place or part of the island to look into?

Otherwise my little home is gonna look like a refugee camp.

Anyway, the thread is intended to generate discussion as to whether the island is actually fully booked or not, but if anyone can help with my individual situation please feel from to send a PM.

Thanks for any help.

I find that hard to believe. I would expect that the many star places are well booked, but the basic guest houses are struggling. Which area phuketsub ?

I live in Rassada, not far from provincial hall, but anywhere in Phuket Town or environs would be fine...but nowhere on the island is out of play at this point. My wife tells me she gets a 'no vacancy at the Inn' reply wherever she goes...anyway, I am interested to see what other readers make of this apparent tourist glut

more info: it seems that the guests comprise 3 teachers and 11 students from Ranong here for a scholastic competition in Thalang Town; they need to stay one night only on December 19.

That's gonna be tough! Not many guesthouses will want a one night booking in December for that many rooms.

I reckon it's bedding down for the night at the local school or temple.

Edited by madmitch

Thanks for all your help...

Try Baan Suan Place or Blue Carina Inn Hotel in Bang Yai Rd both near Phuket International Hospital.

sanuk

cp_gr2.gif

Finally...got them at Blue Carina...4 rooms @1500b each...

Thanks to all for you help and suggestions