Progress report, as promised:>

On Feb. 2nd, Thurs., I mailed, to the Denver, CO Thai Consulate General, filled-out visa application, (downloaded from website).....one photograph, my passport, and a postal money order for $50.

The post office employee behind the counter happened to be Thai so it made it a little easier. He gave me two 5x7 envelopes, one to mail with, the other for the return, with my address and stamped with return postage, which I folded and enclosed with the other material.

Nine days later I recieved at my home the return envelope, which I had carefully prepared, with my passport and 90 day NI visa stamped on page eight with the notation that it must be used within ninety days.

Ten minutes later I was on my computer, on the "Orbitz" site, and was able to purchase a one-way ticket leaving on the 13th, (tomorrow), on China Airlines, (CI), leaving from LAX at 11:05 pm, (2305), through Taipai, on to Hong Kong, and arriving in BKK at 1:25 pm, (1425) on Thursday.

Total airfare, $518.50....Orbitz service charge $6.99.....Total...525.49...E tkt, so no further charge.

While I was there in January.....( 3rd to the 24th), I opened an account at Bangkok Bank in Pattaya at the "Carrfour" branch on S. Ptya Rd. Opening the acct. took about twenty minutes, but I stood in line (qued) for what seemed like an eternity, (about 3/4 an hour) while my sweetie wandered around the store, reporting back periodically, because I might need an interpeter when I got to the front of the line. I did, or at least it was easier with her help. In addition to opening the acct. and giving me the passbook, she gave me a paper, in English, detailing how to make a "Swift" transfer, with the address, acct. number, etc..... I deposited 10,000 baht.

Today I got on the computer and brougnt up the Citibank site to make a money transfer. It was a snap.....five minutes and it was done, but I had to call a toll-free number to verify. The young man I talked to told me that they only randomly require the transaction afterward, and when I make a transfer from the Thai end, on-line, they might, or might not have me verify it. He said just follow the "prompts" and all should be OK.

I forgot.....when you first bring up the banking site, and click on "transfers" they take you to a window and require you to request a secret code number, good for 24 hours only, which they send to your e-mail address. Mine arrived within fifteen minutes. Then you go back to the previous transfer site and type in the code they gave you, which is a combination of letters and numbers.

From there they take you to the actual transfer page where you type in the information according to the prompts. That's where you need the swift address of the bank, and the account number where the funds will be transferred to, and the account number where the funds are coming from,

plus your full name as it appears on the recieving acct..

The cost of the transfer was $30.00 at Citi, and the young man told me that since it was too late for today, the transfer would take place tomorrow, and would take only a couple days to complete. He also gave me a toll-free number, should I need to check on the progress. I transferred $5000.00, and he asked me if I wanted to make this a weekly repeat transfer, a monthly, or a one-time deal.

I told him, for now it would be once only, and after I got settled, and knew more of what would be needed for expenses, I would adjust the transfer, and make it an automatic, monthly thing, or maybe even a three month repeaat. He thought that was a good idea, and I had the transfer made in U. S. funds, as advised by others on this board.

I hope this will be informative, and some help to others because this board has sure been good :o for me. Thank you all.....and I hope to run across some of you after we settle in Pattaya. ErnieK

Progress report, as promised:>

On Feb. 2nd, Thurs., I mailed, to the Denver, CO Thai Consulate General, filled-out visa application, (downloaded from website).....one photograph, my passport, and a postal money order for $50.

The post office employee behind the counter happened to be Thai so it made it a little easier. He gave me two 5x7 envelopes, one to mail with, the other for the return, with my address and stamped with return postage, which I folded and enclosed with the other material.

Nine days later I recieved at my home the return envelope, which I had carefully prepared, with my passport and 90 day NI visa stamped on page eight with the notation that it must be used within ninety days.

Ten minutes later I was on my computer, on the "Orbitz" site, and was able to purchase a one-way ticket leaving on the 13th, (tomorrow), on China Airlines, (CI), leaving from LAX at 11:05 pm, (2305), through Taipai, on to Hong Kong, and arriving in BKK at 1:25 pm, (1425) on Thursday.

Total airfare, $518.50....Orbitz service charge $6.99.....Total...525.49...E tkt, so no further charge.

While I was there in January.....( 3rd to the 24th), I opened an account at Bangkok Bank in Pattaya at the "Carrfour" branch on S. Ptya Rd. Opening the acct. took about twenty minutes, but I stood in line (qued) for what seemed like an eternity, (about 3/4 an hour) while my sweetie wandered around the store, reporting back periodically, because I might need an interpeter when I got to the front of the line. I did, or at least it was easier with her help. In addition to opening the acct. and giving me the passbook, she gave me a paper, in English, detailing how to make a "Swift" transfer, with the address, acct. number, etc..... I deposited 10,000 baht.

Today I got on the computer and brougnt up the Citibank site to make a money transfer. It was a snap.....five minutes and it was done, but I had to call a toll-free number to verify. The young man I talked to told me that they only randomly require the transaction afterward, and when I make a transfer from the Thai end, on-line, they might, or might not have me verify it. He said just follow the "prompts" and all should be OK.

I forgot.....when you first bring up the banking site, and click on "transfers" they take you to a window and require you to request a secret code number, good for 24 hours only, which they send to your e-mail address. Mine arrived within fifteen minutes. Then you go back to the previous transfer site and type in the code they gave you, which is a combination of letters and numbers.

From there they take you to the actual transfer page where you type in the information according to the prompts. That's where you need the swift address of the bank, and the account number where the funds will be transferred to, and the account number where the funds are coming from,

plus your full name as it appears on the recieving acct..

The cost of the transfer was $30.00 at Citi, and the young man told me that since it was too late for today, the transfer would take place tomorrow, and would take only a couple days to complete. He also gave me a toll-free number, should I need to check on the progress. I transferred $5000.00, and he asked me if I wanted to make this a weekly repeat transfer, a monthly, or a one-time deal.

I told him, for now it would be once only, and after I got settled, and knew more of what would be needed for expenses, I would adjust the transfer, and make it an automatic, monthly thing, or maybe even a three month repeaat. He thought that was a good idea, and I had the transfer made in U. S. funds, as advised by others on this board.

I hope this will be informative, and some help to others because this board has sure been good :o for me. Thank you all.....and I hope to run across some of you after we settle in Pattaya. ErnieK

Hi Ernie,

Thanks for your report. Can you tell us if you live near the Denver Consulate or if they would process applications even if you are located very far from them ?

I do not live near Denver. I reside in So. Calif., in San Bernardino, about 50 miles east of Los Angeles. I didn't want to drive to L.A......(it's a bitch), and I understand that the lady in charge of the L.A. consulate is a bitch also.....(Smile). I wrote to Portland, and to Denver, and Denver got my nod. It was very easy, as I described, and the lady in charge seemed very cooperative. Portland was OK also, I don't really know why I picked Denver.

I had read in a previous post about one of the guys dealing with Denver, and how easy it was, sooooooo, I gave it a shot, and.....voila.....success. You can look up the address on the net, drop her an email requesting information and she will probably answer you promptly, as she did me, and tell you about the same as I described, what you need to send, etc.....

There is also Houston, so I understand, but if you use the mails, as I did, and I think it's gotta be the easiest, it doesn't realy matter which one you choose. If I remember right, I think it cost me about a buck and a half for postage, and 95 cents for a postal money order. ($50.00)

If you want a multiple entry, the price is $125.

You should have absolutely no problem if your passport is in order, and you can get a foto almost anywhere. I got mine at a little photo shop in a strip mall.....four for ten bucks, which was way too much, in my opinion. Walmart wants $10 for three, Walgren's also sells them, for I believe $8,95,

but the day I went there their machine was out of order.......figures...! Get your visa.....and GET GOING.....! Ernie :o

First you did not get the Multiple entry did you?

I am 27 years old and my wife is 19 we are going to thailand and would like to get the non-img type o visa .

Non-immigrant visa.....US $50.00 per entry and US $125 per multiple entries. (require invitation letter from Thailand) Purpose of visit: BUSINESS, CONFERENCE, RESEARCH, TEACHING, EDUCATION, MASS MEDIA, MISSIONARY, FAMILY REUNION, MEDICAL TREATMENT (please, see visa types & purpose visit), RETIREMENT (please, see retirements for person 50 years or over)

(Maximum stay 90 days, extension of stay may be applied in Thailand.)

VISA APPLICATION

NOTE : To process your application, this application form must be fully completed and accompanied by all the required documents.

Please check appropriate box for visa type requested.

Non-Immigrant Visa Diplomatic Visa

Tourist Visa* Number of entries requested .................. entry (ies) Official Visa

Transit Visa* Courtesy Visa

Non-immigrant visa applicant must submit an invitation letter/proofs from persons/institutions concerned stating the purpose of visit and the length of stay.

My question is did you have to get a reference letter and are you only going to stay 90 days. Has anyone got the multiple entry visa without the reference letter and do I just have to go to a docotor to get the medical form filled out? Any help would be greatly appreciated