Any "aviators" Out There ?

fareastguy

I have a contact in the UK who works for a private aviation company, as a sideline they undertake restoration work on old aircraft, either for static displays or right up to full flying status. (Their latest project is a very rare 2 seat Hurricane believed to be 1 of only 2 built) at the moment located in Iran.

They are looking for any WWII aircraft that maybe over here & available for purchase. Any model & any condition will be given consideration.

So I am looking for anyone who has knowledge of any aircraft "holed" up in a hangar somewhere, or left in a corner of a field as a "chicken coup"

Or does any one know of someone who knows someone or a society that knows of anything available.

Thanks..

Humbugged

Actually, two helicopters, the one outside and the one further inside the shop, neither working, and neither WW II machines.

They're out on Hwy 305. on the left at the Km 46 marker.

There used to be a C-47/DC-3/R4D/Li-2/Dak/Gooney/etc there, too, but was sold last year, present location unknown to me.

Mac

I may know the location of 3 such planes. No engines attached just the shell and blades. cockpits still in tact. For the right price, they could be for sale.

Do I get a finders fee ? thumbsup.gif

Could be of interest but I'd need more info to pass on to my contact.. finders fee could be negotiable as with the purchase price..

I recall there is a an old airplane (and a subway train???) somewhere when you drive from Bangkok to Pattaya on the left side.

Pretty big bird but I can't recall more, last time I went might be a year ago.