Watering The Garden/lawn. And Whats The Best Type For Los?

With the new house will come a newly laid lawn.

Without shelling out loads for an underground sprinkler system, (or the likes), I am thinking I would just use one of those little jobbies which simply attach to the end of a hose pipe, and manually moving the location.

During the dry seasons, how often, and how long should I be watering the lawn?

I'm now thinking it probably depends on which type of grass - which I dont know, but will ask the developer.

So another question - whats the best type? Which should I avoid?

Appreciate any replies.

Mr non-green fingers

My recommendation would be Malaysian grass. It grows outward, more so than upwards, making it a lower maintenance option. It is also very green and soft. Costs about 20 baht/square meter. It is also pretty hardy. IMO the other grass you see doesn't hold up well, turns brown easily, and requires more maintenance. As for watering in dry season, we water with a hose in the morning and evening. Just need to give an even watering. No need to drown it.

post-147671-13545619665606_thumb.jpg

Sent from my PC36100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Malaysian grass defiantly, Price was 20-25 baht Sqm however last year needed a few Sqm and due to flooding price went to 80 baht. Water every other day, roots are shallow so soaking soil isn't needed, you can get plastic sprinkles at the ironmongers for 25 Baht that attached to the hose and stick in the ground, Big C have some better metal ones. The white pellets at 25 baht k are good fertiliser but need plenty watering in, nothing like a well kept lawn to look at while sipping on a Pims and lemonade

We created this mixture of Lana and Kymer style area for outdoor entertaining. The grass in this photo was recovering from poor maintenance while we were away. About two weeks later it was lush again. We also chose shrubs/trees that had large leaves. Minimal shedding and easy maintenance.

post-147671-13545861194652_thumb.jpg

Sent from my PC36100 using Thaivisa Connect App