Desktop Enhancements

JackFrost

I spend more time in front of my computer than I care to admit.

After many years of promises by software companies that the user interface would get better the ones you see on movies are often better than the real thing.

Many years ago Microsoft tried a front end called "Bob". It was aimed at kids but failed for some reason.

Anyways, is there a front end that looks like an "office" with file cabinets for files, doors for programs etc etc?

I have used 3dna which was Ok for a while but has not changed in a few years. I currently use stylexp but don't like some of the weird "modern" front ends - too computer gamey for me.

Any suggestions appreciated

Jack

Any suggestions appreciated

Jack

post-21917-1140011190_thumb.jpg

Hi JackFrost,

Recently I dragged Window's toolbar to the left hand side of the screen, at first it was a bit alien but soon got used to it and now prefer it since it seems logical?

The benefits to me are that all the shortcuts, about 16 minimised windows and all the items in the tray can easily be seen.

I reckon that it is a personal choice but I can quickly find an item in a vertical list rather that in the standard horizontal list.

Maybe that is why I am not very good at lateral thinking:)

Cheers,

John_Betong

PS I also use different browsers for different tasks, only necessary to have a couple of visible tabs open in each browser and it is much easier to navigate forums, mail, surfing, TV, etc. Just had a thought, I wonder if any browser gives a vertical list of all the open tabs?