Setting Up An Online Store

Crushdepth

I'd like to set up an online shop for my work, selling some of the publications we produce. Basically I'm looking for a way to automate placement of orders and payment via credit card. Most of our orders are from international customers. Volume is low, but I would be looking to build it up gradually over time.

Can anyone recommend a shopping cart system that is suitable for Thailand? (I'm experimenting with Zen at the moment). Is it possible / better to try and set up an electronic storefront through something like Ebay? And is there a Thailand-friendly way to handle electronic payments?

Thanks.

Edited by Crushdepth

I have an on-line e-commerce site where I sell scientific software that I develop. Some hosting sites (in my case iPowerWeb) has shopping cart tools as part of their Cpanel (admin control panel) and easy to set up. However I did not wish to establish a CC merchant account due to low volume sells (vertical market product) and use a registration service (Regsoft.com). However they are for Digital delivery of products so may not work for you unless you offer e-book type publications.

Thaiepay, does not support Mastercard currently. Paypal is just okey, but you need to find a way to get the money out of the account.....

We heard that SCB's payment gateway, is also not available untill at least June/July for new clients....

Bank of Asia has something with a 100.000 Baht deposit bond, they will give you 3% on it i believe.

Peter