23 Million Foreign Tourist Arrivals In Thailand In 2013

webfact

Maybe you do misunderstand me .....I think you'll find that I have neither denied nor contested the figures from TAT and have not accused anyone of being untruthful, merely stating that TAT are the only body privvy to the data , so you have no avenue to dispute their claims .... You either accept and believe what they declare or you don't !

Some clearly prefer to believe everything that's presented to them , others like to question .....doesn't make you necessarily right or wrong either way .

In other words you don't dispute the numbers you are only pointing out that they may be disputed. No offense intended but you are being silly. Tell me what are the odds that a person who agreed with the numbers would have written what you wrote? smile.png

Very few in this country do believe TATs figures are correct/ most wouldn't care a toss as they have no idea about tourism. If it was ever possible to do an accurate read out, then it could be argued about. Because so many of arrival cards are not telling us who they are and what reason they have to cross the border/airport...or the length of stay/transit, work, cross shopping,visa runs,business trips etc. then we have the predicted figures a year in advance, then which countries are visiting most, and how much they are spending every day---bullsh#t

Now I visited south Jomptien beach 4 days ago, sat in a deck chair, the smell from the sea was not pleasant and floating on top of the water was plastic condoms milk cartons, you name it, not just in a 1 place but the kilometer i could sea, also the sand was full of the stuff washed up. Laying amongst the tip was russian tourists, and swimming in the sea.

Now TAT get off your rears and put pressure on the resorts. Tourists will not come back if they see this,and you will not be able to give good future figures out. I live here and this is disgusting and the worst by far i have ever seen the sea here, Koh Lahn is paradise to this.

While everyone is welcome to their opinion, you should consider that numbers are not simply derived by arrival cards (not to mention their are departure cards whose numbers correlate with the arrival card) and that average amount of money spent has nothing do with these cards. Based on the indisputable fact that foreign visitors to Thailand continues to increase at a rapid trend and that a significant number of visitors are repeat visitors and here to enjoy the beautiful resort beaches Thailand has to offer, it is safe to assume not many are looking for or finding condemns floating on the water. We all choose to see what we want to see and if tourists are looking for beautiful beaches and waters in Thailand then chances are they are not going to be visiting the areas adjacent to Pattaya were they will be more likely to run across such things as used condemns from their fellow foreign visitors headed to Pattaya for cheap thrills they can't find at home.

Mayor of Pattaya's view ...as quoted from TAT's news website , special feature :

The following is the full text of Mr. Ithiphol’s statement:

Pattaya is widely regarded as one of Asia's favourite seaside resorts; with something for everyone; it is increasingly known as the "Thai Riviera". Pattaya caters to tourists from all cultures and walks of life, providing a safe, relaxing, fun–filled stay amongst the white sandy beaches, world-class hotels, wide variety of local and international restaurants, as well as shopping centres and markets, featuring local OTOP handicrafts to global luxury labels. In addition, with its 30+ international standard golf courses, there are challenges for golfers, no matter their handicap.

• Like 1

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mayor of Pattaya's view ...as quoted from TAT's news website , special feature :

Pattaya is widely regarded as one of Asia's favourite seaside resorts; with something for everyone; it is increasingly known as the "Thai Riviera". Pattaya caters to tourists from all cultures and walks of life, providing a safe, relaxing, fun–filled stay amongst the white sandy beaches, world-class hotels, wide variety of local and international restaurants, as well as shopping centres and markets, featuring local OTOP handicrafts to global luxury labels. In addition, with its 30+ international standard golf courses, there are challenges for golfers, no matter their handicap.

LOL, do you know the mayor of Pattaya? Lets just put it this way, you are picking a strange Thai politician to all of a sudden have faith in their public words. Pattaya like any city has a lot to offer beyond a reputation it may have but ridiculous to want to suggest the vast majority of foreign visitors are going to Pattaya for the above reasons as opposed to the adult entertainment.

Edited by Nisa

Just out of interest Nisa , as we're already off topic slightly ....how does TAT market Pattaya ,given the undisputable fact that it is a haven for disgusting foreign visitors and local sex workers ?

Not sure but would imagine they market it as a family fun destination just as crime ridden Las Vegas may advertise itself but I would bet there are very few people who end up in either of these cities without knowing what they really are about ... on the other hand am guessing both places try their best to clean up their imagine while not losing the visitors that make up their bread and butter.. In fact I know of numerous projects in both cities to clean up their image and try to attract other types of visitors ... The beaches around Pattaya are actually much cleaner than they were in years past.

Not cleaner- I am not a liar and quoted truth to you, I saw what I saw at Jomptien it was disgusting--never before was like this, as I said the royal family bathed here at Jomptien. Do you ever get out of your apartment.??? Koh Lahn you would not know where that is i suppose, is supurb but crowded with Chinese tourists.

Sounds like you have been to Koh Larn once while I have been and stayed there for what would cumulatively be more than a month in just the last couple years. Pretty sure what you believe are loads of Chinese tourists are actually mostly Korean and even Thais and the Russians still seem to dominate and why it is not uncommon to see an abundance of signs in Russian that may not even have Thai or even English. Koh Larn is a day trip for most folks and the island becomes almost a ghost town after the last ferry leaves beyond the locals. Beyond being a great place to go for visitors with littler resources or time in the Bangkok area, it gives others an excuse to stay in Pattaya to see the most seedy part of Thailand.

Edited by Nisa

It is TAT (Tourism Authority of Thailand) not TAS (Tourism Authority of Suvarnabhumi) Their figures are based on all International flights Phuket,Samui for example and then of course land border entries.

I still disagree with their juggling of figures as i have been living here on the island of Koh Phangan for 9 years and it's getting quieter each year. It does of course have a few busy months during the year,but on general at times it's all very quiet. Even Hadd Rin other than full moon itself is pretty quiet after those few days building up to it and after it.

I do not live in Hadd Rin but do occasionally go to the party,24 parties in just over 9 years to be exact and these do not have the numbers attended as lets say 7-8 years ago.It makes me laugh when i see a 2012 tourist guide book quoting 30,000-40,000 people... get real!! it's more like 6-10K depending on which months these days. By the way i'm age 47 and it's not as bad as all you full moon party basher's make out. I would rather go for a night out there than sit in a bar with a load of screaming thai girls telling me i smell beautiful,oh you handsome man etc then deal with the sex tourist who has just had his heart broken then loosing the plot.. Sorry i know i went off topic but do not bash it, until you look at your own environment!

As said land border crossing are also in their figures,i am on a Non O visa and because of not being the age of 50 still after 9 years put my life at risk every 90 days to cross a border.I am ONE person but in their figures of my entry 2011-2012 i have visited Thailand SIX times during this period.

This year my 1 year (15 months) visa expired September and wanted another month before monsoon came,so i took a plane Suratthani-KL for 2 days then back for a month.

I then because of my restrictions fly back to the UK in October to obtain a new visa,on Tuesday 11th i arrived back at Suvarnabhumi,so theoretically i am a tourist SEVEN times.... Quite simple how they achieve their figures of 23 million!

What is your point? If you leave and then re-enter the country as a tourist, it is a new visit and should be counted as a visitor. You are a foreigner in and entering Thailand and spending foreign money here. As for the numbers counted on border runs, they are not significant at all. The Tourism site has these stats broken down in terms of number of land and air arrivals by each nationality and although they have been copied onto different threads, their site isn't allowing access to the PDFs right now that breaks these numbers down by time period. The bottom line is they make up a small percentage of total visitors.

As for your perception of visitors to Koh Phangan ... I have to wonder why a new airport is being built there and their continues to be so much new hotel development. One thing for sure is that like much of the true vacation areas of Thailand, it too has begun to cater to more upscale clients instead of the backpacker crowd.

It is TAT (Tourism Authority of Thailand) not TAS (Tourism Authority of Suvarnabhumi) Their figures are based on all International flights Phuket,Samui for example and then of course land border entries.

I still disagree with their juggling of figures as i have been living here on the island of Koh Phangan for 9 years and it's getting quieter each year. It does of course have a few busy months during the year,but on general at times it's all very quiet. Even Hadd Rin other than full moon itself is pretty quiet after those few days building up to it and after it.

I do not live in Hadd Rin but do occasionally go to the party,24 parties in just over 9 years to be exact and these do not have the numbers attended as lets say 7-8 years ago.It makes me laugh when i see a 2012 tourist guide book quoting 30,000-40,000 people... get real!! it's more like 6-10K depending on which months these days. By the way i'm age 47 and it's not as bad as all you full moon party basher's make out. I would rather go for a night out there than sit in a bar with a load of screaming thai girls telling me i smell beautiful,oh you handsome man etc then deal with the sex tourist who has just had his heart broken then loosing the plot.. Sorry i know i went off topic but do not bash it, until you look at your own environment!

As said land border crossing are also in their figures,i am on a Non O visa and because of not being the age of 50 still after 9 years put my life at risk every 90 days to cross a border.I am ONE person but in their figures of my entry 2011-2012 i have visited Thailand SIX times during this period.

This year my 1 year (15 months) visa expired September and wanted another month before monsoon came,so i took a plane Suratthani-KL for 2 days then back for a month.

I then because of my restrictions fly back to the UK in October to obtain a new visa,on Tuesday 11th i arrived back at Suvarnabhumi,so theoretically i am a tourist SEVEN times.... Quite simple how they achieve their figures of 23 million!

What is your point? If you leave and then re-enter the country as a tourist, it is a new visit and should be counted as a visitor. You are a foreigner in and entering Thailand and spending foreign money here. As for the numbers counted on border runs, they are not significant at all. The Tourism site has these stats broken down in terms of number of land and air arrivals by each nationality and although they have been copied onto different threads, their site isn't allowing access to the PDFs right now that breaks these numbers down by time period. The bottom line is they make up a small percentage of total visitors.

As for your perception of visitors to Koh Phangan ... I have to wonder why a new airport is being built there and their continues to be so much new hotel development. One thing for sure is that like much of the true vacation areas of Thailand, it too has begun to cater to more upscale clients instead of the backpacker crowd.

My point being i don't want to leave so i would be counted as one tourists. This way i counted six times as a tourist spending money... I am one!! I think your wrong about land borders not accounting for many.. Malaysia,Cambodia,Burma Laos.... they come in by the truck loads everyday.

The Airport site still looks more like a golf course to me.... But yes it's beyond crazy if that's really their plans... Will i make it 10yrs on KP??

My point being i don't want to leave so i would be counted as one tourists. This way i counted six times as a tourist spending money... I am one!! I think your wrong about land borders not accounting for many.. Malaysia,Cambodia,Burma Laos.... they come in by the truck loads everyday.

The Airport site still looks more like a golf course to me.... But yes it's beyond crazy if that's really their plans... Will i make it 10yrs on KP??

You missed, or I didn't make clear, my point regarding border runs ... it was not about total number of border crossings but about number of folks doing border runs. It is fairly easy to calculate border runs by the number of UK (example) visitors entering through Laos (example) by land. As I mentioned, this information is publicly available but either the site is currently down or I have old links ... bottom line being is you would be surprised by how low, given the total number of visitors, these figures are.

Again, what is the point if you are counted as 1 visitor here for a year or 4 visits here for 3-months each? It still comes out to be a single year worth of tourist spending at one unit (visitor). Although it is a pain, my personal view is that you should consider yourself lucky to be able to legally spend this much time in a foreign country as a visitor .. many countries don't allow such easy ways to extend your visit. But yea, it skews the numbers a bit but as I mentioned, it is not that significant an amount and the percentage of folks falling into this category is relatively small compared to the overall numbers and the bottom line is if you have maxed out your stay and leave and come back then for proper accounting it should be counted as two visits. There is nothing that is suggested that these numbers represent unique visitors and the Tourism Sectors are always eager to tell folks of the large number of repeat visitors. If you shave off 10% from 23 million, you still come out to 20.7 million. It would be just as easy to discount or say it is not fair to count visitors from bordering countries who only stay here a partial day to come buy goods or services. I believe the average stay is 9 days (if I recall correctly) but if we had to lower the total number of visitors than the average stay goes up a bit but the bottom line it still comes out to be the same figure in terms of how long a foreigner stays here spending money.

You missed, or I didn't make clear, my point regarding border runs ... it was not about total number of border crossings but about number of folks doing border runs. It is fairly easy to calculate border runs by the number of UK (example) visitors entering through Laos (example) by land. As I mentioned, this information is publicly available but either the site is currently down or I have old links ... bottom line being is you would be surprised by how low, given the total number of visitors, these figures are.

Again, what is the point if you are counted as 1 visitor here for a year or 4 visits here for 3-months each? It still comes out to be a single year worth of tourist spending at one unit (visitor). Although it is a pain, my personal view is that you should consider yourself lucky to be able to legally spend this much time in a foreign country as a visitor .. many countries don't allow such easy ways to extend your visit. But yea, it skews the numbers a bit but as I mentioned, it is not that significant an amount and the percentage of folks falling into this category is relatively small compared to the overall numbers and the bottom line is if you have maxed out your stay and leave and come back then for proper accounting it should be counted as two visits. There is nothing that is suggested that these numbers represent unique visitors and the Tourism Sectors are always eager to tell folks of the large number of repeat visitors. If you shave off 10% from 23 million, you still come out to 20.7 million. It would be just as easy to discount or say it is not fair to count visitors from bordering countries who only stay here a partial day to come buy goods or services. I believe the average stay is 9 days (if I recall correctly) but if we had to lower the total number of visitors than the average stay goes up a bit but the bottom line it still comes out to be the same figure in terms of how long a foreigner stays here spending money.

Your not going to get through to mesmile.png ... How i look at it,its nothing to do with visa trips.... If they gave me 1 year visa without having to exit i would be 1 tourist for that year spending my money. But because i am forced to leave i count as visiting Thailand 6 times... but the fact is like many in my position we are counted multiple times. I am spending the same money if i entered once or 6 times(apart from what it costs crossing a border) like my life!! But to their figures it's 6 more people entering than just one.

You say i should count myself lucky to stay here... do you not think with all the sh1t that goes on here they are lucky to have me spending my money in Thailand. After 9 years of clean record only being over stayed by 1 day in 9 years because my 14 yr old boat boy this time did't want to risk going through crazy waters.... Lucky indeed!! Lucky to be alive doing that trip over 30 times or more. We are wondering of topic here,but the whole system is crazy.

I have wealth and a proven 99% clean record,would be 100% if not for those mad waters over to Burma... So just give me 1 entry and their figures would be 22 million 994 thousand 994 hundred tourists come to Thailand... Either way i think both you and i are well aware the figures are plucked from thin air,same as the floods,all those people counted as arrivals when they were mostly Thai people evacuating.

Nisa i wish you well and have no further comments on this subject..... I know what i see as to tourism booming,their having a laugh you can show me all the figures in the world,but i believe my eyes and ears of business people on KP having a pretty miserable time.

Edited by kohphangan
  • Like 1

Average stay 9 days (Nisa's quoted figure), 23,000,000 million visitors, so on an average of 1.5 people to a room (guessing, because there are very few rooms that permit more than 2), and by far the greatest majority of rooms would be occupied by either one or two people, that's 155,250,000 hotel room days per year, or 425,342 per day. Would there be 425,342 hotel rooms in Thailand?? It must be taken into account that not all rooms are occupied every night due to seasonal peaks/troughs, so the real number for 23,000,000 million tourists staying for 9 days at 1.5 person occupancy could be (guessing again) 30% higher, but perhaps more, so at least 552,945!! Would there be 552,945 hotel rooms in Thailand? This becomes more preposterous by the second.

I'm not one of those who criticize Thailand, its government, and people for anything and everything, and have been known to criticize those very criticizers, but 23,000,000 million tourists is not a realistic figure, and I'm with kohphangan on this.

Edited by F4UCorsair
  • Like 1

Average stay 9 days (Nisa's quoted figure), 23,000,000 million visitors, so on an average of 1.5 people to a room (guessing, because there are very few rooms that permit more than 2), and by far the greatest majority of rooms would be occupied by either one or two people, that's 155,250,000 hotel room days per year, or 425,342 per day. Would there be 425,342 hotel rooms in Thailand?? It must be taken into account that not all rooms are occupied every night due to seasonal peaks/troughs, so the real number for 23,000,000 million tourists staying for 9 days at 1.5 person occupancy could be (guessing again) 30% higher, but perhaps more, so at least 552,945!! Would there be 552,945 hotel rooms in Thailand? This becomes more preposterous by the second.

I'm not one of those who criticize Thailand, its government, and people for anything and everything, and have been known to criticize those very criticizers, but 23,000,000 million tourists is not a realistic figure, and I'm with kohphangan on this.

If you think only 2 Indians stay in a hotel room in Thailand you are a bit daft eh?

Your not going to get through to mesmile.png ... How i look at it,its nothing to do with visa trips.... If they gave me 1 year visa without having to exit i would be 1 tourist for that year spending my money. But because i am forced to leave i count as visiting Thailand 6 times... but the fact is like many in my position we are counted multiple times. I am spending the same money if i entered once or 6 times(apart from what it costs crossing a border) like my life!! But to their figures it's 6 more people entering than just one.

You say i should count myself lucky to stay here... do you not think with all the sh1t that goes on here they are lucky to have me spending my money in Thailand. After 9 years of clean record only being over stayed by 1 day in 9 years because my 14 yr old boat boy this time did't want to risk going through crazy waters.... Lucky indeed!! Lucky to be alive doing that trip over 30 times or more. We are wondering of topic here,but the whole system is crazy.

I have wealth and a proven 99% clean record,would be 100% if not for those mad waters over to Burma... So just give me 1 entry and their figures would be 22 million 994 thousand 994 hundred tourists come to Thailand... Either way i think both you and i are well aware the figures are plucked from thin air,same as the floods,all those people counted as arrivals when they were mostly Thai people evacuating.

Nisa i wish you well and have no further comments on this subject..... I know what i see as to tourism booming,their having a laugh you can show me all the figures in the world,but i believe my eyes and ears of business people on KP having a pretty miserable time.

It would be difficult to find a larger more sensitive to tourism and retail organization than the Central Group. "The Group plans to invest over 30 billion Baht on various projects and sets a growth target of 35%, projecting sales in 2012 at 188 billion Baht." "Central Pattana will develop five Robinson department stores to be located in Bang Na, Suphan Buri, Bang Kae, Surat Thani and Lampang districts. Its ongoing project Central Embassy which will house an eight storey retail podium and six-star hotel will be opened in the last quarter next year." Central Group also operates hotels, such as the Sofitel Centara Grand Bangkok, and the Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao, Bangkok.

I think you are alone in Thailand having a miserable time.smile.png

Total arrivals, total departures in one year of Tourists ONLY.

Visa type .1 Entry stamp 30 day 2. TR visa 60day. Total number in each category.

Other visa types which are not for tourist perposes should NOT be counted.

That would give a more accurate figure. Figures for 2013/2014 are estimates only.

Nisa my post has got a bit mixed up with all your bull.

Jomptien Was cleaner years ago -as i was with the royals there over 20 years ago, and they stopped to eat on 2nd road Pattaya. on the cornet outsid eating place Pattaya land soi 1.

I made a comment about Jomptien a few days ago re experience, that you dissbelieved, the shocking state of rubbish on the beach and in the sea.

I visit the area now and again to my condo and to see all my old palls living there who are NOT bar crawlers or sex expats, you have to get your head sorted Nisa about this bad sordid image you have. Listen to persons comment do not slam them cause you dont like them.

Look at the answers you get from most posters, don't they tell you some thing---visa posters stats on how popular people are, sorry to be blunt, but your replies warrent it, if i got the feedback you get I would seriously change my stance--but it takes all sorts and we are not all correct.

thats what we are here for to learn from others experiences-share them and gain from it, the same Thailand can do with a bit of our feedback

Are rose-tinted glasses on sale again?

If anyone really believes TAT, they should get of the recreational drugs!

TAT is out of touch with reality for years now.

They are NOTHING else than a promotion- agency for Thailand. Everything is just great with them...although they promote a) all the same sh%$ over and over and over again (Come to Bangkok for shopping....and see the marvelousGrand Palace...if you have time.../ See Ayutthaya, Sukhothai and Kanchanaburi because those are THE places to be/ Chiang Mai ist TOTALLY super/ Pattaya is an all- family beach destination...nothing bad AT ALL about the place/ oh yeah....Phuket and Phi Phi for divers...)

They have NO NEW IDEAS and for sure are not interested to DO anything, f.e. get scams (Tuk Tuk, Taxi, Gems, Jet Ski) done with. And YES: they count every border crossing into Thailand as ONE NEW tourist, no matter if these entries are visa- runners or not. On my last trip to Laos for my visa, there were VAN- LOADS of visa- runners, all counted as new entries!

About the arrival/ departure cards: do you REALY believe, these things are used for anything?

They are not even filed in any computer...and I have prove from personal experience, that even visa- data is not filed!

As for buildings of new hotels (or even airports): do you REALLY believe, they are built to satisfy demand???

Do you also believe, that all the condos in Bangkok are built for demand?

Tour operators are all firing people, each one of them is complaining that the volume sinks every year...but sure...that is only because there are sooooooooo many new tour- operators pop up on every corner, right?!

If the numbers on tourists are increasing every year (as stated by TAT or other authoroties like Nisa and chiangmaikelly)...shouldn't that outbalance somehow? Well...it doesn't, because these tourist- numbers are dead wrong on every account!

• Like 1

They are NOTHING else than a promotion- agency for Thailand. Everything is just great with them...although they promote a) all the same sh%$ over and over and over again (Come to Bangkok for shopping....and see the marvelousGrand Palace...if you have time.../ See Ayutthaya, Sukhothai and Kanchanaburi because those are THE places to be/ Chiang Mai ist TOTALLY super/ Pattaya is an all- family beach destination...nothing bad AT ALL about the place/ oh yeah....Phuket and Phi Phi for divers...)

They have NO NEW IDEAS and for sure are not interested to DO anything, f.e. get scams (Tuk Tuk, Taxi, Gems, Jet Ski) done with. And YES: they count every border crossing into Thailand as ONE NEW tourist, no matter if these entries are visa- runners or not. On my last trip to Laos for my visa, there were VAN- LOADS of visa- runners, all counted as new entries!

About the arrival/ departure cards: do you REALY believe, these things are used for anything?

They are not even filed in any computer...and I have prove from personal experience, that even visa- data is not filed!

As for buildings of new hotels (or even airports): do you REALLY believe, they are built to satisfy demand???

Tour operators are all firing people, each one of them is complaining that the volume sinks every year...but sure...that is only because there are sooooooooo many new tour- operators pop up on every corner, right?!

If the numbers on tourists are increasing every year (as stated by TAT or other authoroties like Nisa and chiangmaikelly)...shouldn't that outbalance somehow? Well...it doesn't, because these tourist- numbers are dead wrong on every account!

The Central group is spending 35 billion baht to build projects that satisfy a 35% (188 billion baht) increase in demand/business. That's a fact. You're just blowing smoke with no facts at your disposal only doom and gloom from some odd Thai Visa old time threads.smile.png

• Like 2

Chiangmaikelly.....your last comment "I think you are alone in Thailand having a miserable time" I am not in business myself so unaffected to how many come and go,infact the less the better for me.

I was speaking of many many on KP who are in business,resort owners and shop keepers who are having the miserable time not me!

My miserable time only comes every 90 days crossing the border to Myanmar and the roads getting therew00t.gif

And as to your quote "The Central group is spending 35 billion baht to build projects that satisfy a 35% (188 billion baht) increase in demand/business.

All that means is they are trying to corner the market,for every one of those five you say are proposed to open,how many small business's will be forced to close. Shoppers will maybe shop there instead of where they are at the moment. In my eyes that's not because Tourism is booming,just one company going to kill off many others.

Edited by kohphangan
  • Like 2

The Central group is spending 35 billion baht to build projects that satisfy a 35% (188 billion baht) increase in demand/business. That's a fact. You're just blowing smoke with no facts at your disposal only doom and gloom from some odd Thai Visa old time threads.smile.png

Do you really think facts and figures and reality play a part in those who go through life with fecal speckled focals trying to spread their misery and find others to commiserate with about their doom and gloom views. According to these folks all investment in Thailand would have left years ago along with all the foreign companies setting up shop here as well as the tourists. No reality in the world will enlighten these folks to see the increases in such areas because they have been predicting the end of times for Thailand for a very long time and will refuse to see the painfully obvious and globally accepted great increases in areas such as tourism that Thailand has experienced for a very long time.

Do you really think facts and figures and reality play a part in those who go through life with fecal speckled focals trying to spread their misery and find others to commiserate with about their doom and gloom views. According to these folks all investment in Thailand would have left years ago along with all the foreign companies setting up shop here as well as the tourists. No reality in the world will enlighten these folks to see the increases in such areas because they have been predicting the end of times for Thailand for a very long time and will refuse to see the painfully obvious and globally accepted great increases in areas such as tourism that Thailand has experienced for a very long time.

Again....and veeeeeery sloooooooowly....TAT is nothing more than an advertising- agency for Thailand.

And Thais per se are veeeeeeery proud of their country and nothing is worse than face loss.

So what do YOU expect them to do?

Really admit, that the situation is worse than they are saying?!

Again....and veeeeeery sloooooooowly....TAT is nothing more than an advertising- agency for Thailand.

And Thais per se are veeeeeeery proud of their country and nothing is worse than face loss.

So what do YOU expect them to do?

Really admit, that the situation is worse than they are saying?!

So Doc all the banks, and rating agencies and the rest of the world agrees with the forecasts of Thailand's rosy future. Why are the only negatives published by a few folks on Thai Visa?

• Like 2

"So Doc all the banks, and rating agencies and the rest of the world agrees with the forecasts of Thailand's rosy future. Why are the only negatives published by a few folks on Thai Visa?"

...and that has WHAT exactly to do with tourist- numbers?

As far as I am saying that tourism is IMPORTANT in Thailand, it is not the only industry!

"So Doc all the banks, and rating agencies and the rest of the world agrees with the forecasts of Thailand's rosy future. Why are the only negatives published by a few folks on Thai Visa?"

...and that has WHAT exactly to do with tourist- numbers?

As far as I am saying that tourism is IMPORTANT in Thailand, it is not the only industry!

Of course not. Tourism is 10 to 20% of the GDP that leaves 80% in other areas. Farming will decline and industry and retail and tourism will increase as with any other country progressing from a rural to industrial society.smile.png You said, "Really admit, that the situation is worse than they are saying?!" Why? There is no worse. S&P says the outlook is stable for Thailand despite political uncertainties and S&P is a well respected rating agency that the whole world still has a great deal of confidence in.

Edited by chiangmaikelly

LOL, do you know the mayor of Pattaya? Lets just put it this way, you are picking a strange Thai politician to all of a sudden have faith in their public words. Pattaya like any city has a lot to offer beyond a reputation it may have but ridiculous to want to suggest the vast majority of foreign visitors are going to Pattaya for the above reasons as opposed to the adult entertainment.

Lol.....I was being sarcastic !!! I have absolutely no faith in their words ....and , as TAT endorse and encourage such drivel , consequently why should I have any faith in any other information TAT issues !!!

So, you don't have a clue on how many hotels are in Thailand, or the number of families and people sharing hotel rooms or any idea how many visitors stay at condos, at apartments, with friends or Thai family/spouse to mention just a few things ... As well, you have taken a number that relates to foreign visitors and decided them all to be tourists and then go on to use all of this ignorance to actual facts and figures to try and dispute numbers that are accepted by international agencies and governments and are fairly easy to verify and whose break down in numbers from country of origin of the visitor to the numbers of which border crossing they used to enter. You ignore looking at things such as the increase number of international visitors coming through the main airport and use an average stay for all visitors assuming they all stay in hotels not considering that this average is derived from all foreign visitors including those from bordering countries who don't spend a night or stay in rented rooms with many other of their countrymen as well as those who stay here long term (such as with wife) in condos, apartments and houses but continue to leave and enter the country.

Is this about right?

If you think only 2 Indians stay in a hotel room in Thailand you are a bit daft eh?

So now you're an authority on the lifestyles of other races also then ?? Perhaps you would care to show some statisics to back up your daft comment ?

So, you don't have a clue on how many hotels are in Thailand, or the number of families and people sharing hotel rooms or any idea how many visitors stay at condos, at apartments, with friends or Thai family/spouse to mention just a few things ... As well, you have taken a number that relates to foreign visitors and decided them all to be tourists and then go on to use all of this ignorance to actual facts and figures to try and dispute numbers that are accepted by international agencies and governments and are fairly easy to verify and whose break down in numbers from country of origin of the visitor to the numbers of which border crossing they used to enter. You ignore looking at things such as the increase number of international visitors coming through the main airport and use an average stay for all visitors assuming they all stay in hotels not considering that this average is derived from all foreign visitors including those from bordering countries who don't spend a night or stay in rented rooms with many other of their countrymen as well as those who stay here long term (such as with wife) in condos, apartments and houses but continue to leave and enter the country.

Is this about right?

But he/she didn't mention the millions of pax/nt accomodation required/used by Thai domestic holidaymakers !

So now you're an authority on the lifestyles of other races also then ?? Perhaps you would care to show some statisics to back up your daft comment ?

Thai Visa is an excellent source of all kinds of information.smile.png And living in Pattaya for years and years also helped. smile.png

http://www.thaivisa....ia#entry4338808

Thai Visa is an excellent source of all kinds of information.smile.png And living in Pattaya for years and years also helped. smile.png

Indeed it is .....and that thread doesn't exactly back you up does it ? It reports 4 Indians staying in rooms 540-546 ( which ,whatever way you read it is more than 1 room ) .

Living in Pattaya for years and years? ...and you still don't accept that it's a haven for the flourishing sex industry ? Your credibility is beginning to slip .

http://www.thaivisa....ia#entry4338808

Indeed it is .....and that thread doesn't exactly back you up does it ? It reports 4 Indians staying in rooms 540-546 ( which ,whatever way you read it is more than 1 room ) .

Living in Pattaya for years and years? ...and you still don't accept that it's a haven for the flourishing sex industry ? Your credibility is beginning to slip .

If the thread is about Pattaya having a flourishing sex industry please let me know. I thought it was about tourism. I have lived in Pattaya a number of years and have noticed single gentlemen from India almost never live alone in one hotel room. Invariably they share a room with a number of other men. Anyone else with knowledge of the hotel industry from Bangkok or Pattaya will also confirm for you that Indian men usually share rooms with multiple occupants.