Kopi Luwak

ManOnTheRoad

I think it's one of the biggest bullshit ever seen...

To eat (drink) coffee take from the shit of some animal... and be happy about this, payng it like gold... i cannot imagine how they are laughthing about us "farangs"... biggrin.png

I mean... it's ok to look for something special... but i think we passed the line with this...

To be clear i need to say i tryed Kopi Luwak years ago (i didn't like it at all) because my job.

I found it a kind of fake-for-rich-customers-who-like-to-buy-something-exclusive-and-expensive... not because really hi-quality product...

Coffee from Hawai could be particular, Jamaica Blue Mountain could be really a good one... but... but... to drink something passed from the intestine and taken from shit... c'mon... people really like to be faked...

A few weeks ago they show a kind of documentary where they show that in Thailand someone is tryng to do something similar with elephants... ah ah ah... i can imagine the business... elephants produce a lot more of shit rather than zibetts... just need to feed them with coffee... biggrin.png

Can you imagine how happy we will make Thai's involved in this business? Selling to farangs coffee coming from shit, making them payng 100 time more than normal...

Do we really need this?

wai2.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Akha-hillside tribe of Doi Chaang Village in Northern Thailand.

Google told me.Its dead easy.

I accidentally read about this on Wikipedia and have always want to try it. Thanks for the info.

I'll pass :D (pun intended)

I can almost buy the story about the critter coffee. If i remember right, the critters are supposed to be extremely finicky and will only eat the ripest fruit. so the bean droppings are supposed to be only from the ripest fruit.

I see no rational for the elephant passed coffee beans.

Personally i prefer "pre-passed" coffee beans

and i prefer to do the "bean passing" myself cheesy.gif