Kindle

Forkinhades

B2S 4th floor in Central had them, not sure which one but it looked like some form of touch model and they quoted me around 6000 Baht. Can't remember the exact figure as I was just trying to get a rough idea in case my Sony lets me down one day.

I usually have my eyes peeled for things that I own to see what they are selling for in Pattaya. With that being said, I've never seen Kindle for sale in Pattaya, you can also add Google Nexus 7 tablet to that list. Sorry, I know this probably wasn't the exact answer you were looking for.

Edited by Teerak2

I got mine @ the Sony shop on the ground floor of Tuc-com.

Give them a deposit for the Kindle model you want [the Nook is a good alternative]

They will get it despatched from Bangkok for your collection next day.

Price varies on the chosen model.... probably between 5000 - 7000 baht.

Not quite sure what your saying pinfold

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect App

When you look up MOBI books on Piratebay there are thousands of them,most are duff stuff,but look on ebay for the same thing and there are thousands there too,so must be legit ,ebay would not list if pirated,and most are quality books that would require a separate purchase Comes on a DVD ,so I suppose if you got someone in your home country to download it,using a large file transfer Think the DVD costs about £2.50 or so,everything there.

When you look up MOBI books on Piratebay there are thousands of them,most are duff stuff,but look on ebay for the same thing and there are thousands there too,so must be legit ,ebay would not list if pirated,and most are quality books that would require a separate purchase Comes on a DVD ,so I suppose if you got someone in your home country to download it,using a large file transfer Think the DVD costs about £2.50 or so,everything there.

It is NOT the books I am trying to source, just the reader

For sure,but once you have the reader,you need books ,however the Chinese tablets are excellent,cheap too. Think someone has pointed you to a source,but they seem expensive here in Thailand

For sure,but once you have the reader,you need books ,however the Chinese tablets are excellent,cheap too. Think someone has pointed you to a source,but they seem expensive here in Thailand

was thinking about getting a 'copy' android tablet, which sell for about 3000 baht, and just download the kindle app, or moonbook app

If you're going to use it just to read books you're much better off with a Kindle or one of the other 'paper white' readers. The batteries last much longer and they won't make your eyes ache.

Yes it will be for just reading books, would ideally like an sd slot as well, which certain versions of the kindle seem to be lacking.

so what choices do I have peeps?