Choppas Boat, A Few More Thoughts, Remarks

Hey lads, how they hang'n? Lightly i trust!

Thanks for the replys to my first topic, now let me discuss what my other mate (bottle rum) came up with overnight, and tell me what yas think.

I know the main obstacle (I can cover the 2mil/1mil if i get hooked up, and even have the patience for all the beuracratic bulldust)

so its me owing the boat that seems to be the main problem/danger, so heres a few alternatives to chew/drink over.

1. Yes buy a boat and pay 16000baht a month to phuket "rayal" yacht club/marina's either at nahairn or phuket bay. Maybe for that overthetop cost i might get some sucurity, and who knows even some insurance involved too. But i know its probably way to high a cost for choppas little business, to start off anyways.

2. Pull the boat out of the water each time and bring the thing home with me. Im yet to find a boat ramp though??? and ive never seen anyone towing anything, only huge trucks, of coarse, so i guess that ones out, unless someone knows the whereabouts of a ramp???? but not even the marinas have a ramp (not yet anyway it is comming aparently)

3. buy the boat and keep it up at boat haven for 1000baht per month. Probably not too good, too cheap, no security etc etc.

4. rent a thai and his boatfor the day/few hours with me as tour guide. Including hiring a tuk tuk for transport. This could enhance the 'adventure side of my ploy' . Me supply the rods, tackle, grog, food, snorkle and spears, nets etc etc.

5. A FEW POINTS TO REMEMBER FELLAS...

. Im not targeting the high flyer who wants and expects to catch "many" large species of fish. Im chasing the average aussie who wants a day out fishing, a bit of fun, a bit of adventure, a laugh (boy can tell some stories) bit of education (local or otherwise), someone who just want to get away from the missus and kids or his boring travelling mates, someone who is sick of the "patong" Thai in your face crap/mayhem and take a look at another aussies way of life, in thailand.

. Ive done a bit (hours/hours) of researching the aussie travel market over the internet, especially fishing sites, and i beleive there is a market for it. I have family in the travel industry in oz who are ready to support.

. I DONT WANT 4,6,8 OR 10 PASSENGERS/CUSTOMERS AT ONCE..... IM LOOKING AT 2-3 MAX, PREFER 2, 1 IS BEST....a small OPERATION, SOMETHING TO PLAY WITH, SOMETHING TO GET ME OUT THE HOUSE AND START ENJOYING THE JOINT (a bit more)......

HENCE WHY I QUOTED A SMALL BOAT, 4, 5, 6 METERS, NO MORE.... 50 HP OUT BOARD, NO MORE.

thats why the thais have to hit the touro's so hard the fuel is killing em.

I OWN A 16 FOOT CENTRE CONSOLE IN Airlie Beach, North Queensland and have done for years, using it as charter fishing set up, ITS ALL YOU NEED.

. There is plenty of fish out there, you only have to go have a look, underwater. Dont beleive everything u told!!! U only have to know a bit about fishing, their environment, habits, feeding, wants and needs, and the tides and you have better chance than most to get something.

I have been diving/snorkling, doing my research around the area and from what i saw there is plenty of fish out there for WHAT I WANT.

Once again, the bloke who demands to come home with a bag full of mackeral, emporer or any other species you find HERE AND IN NORTH QUEENSLAND, same same just different names, then hes not for me, and i would make this aparent to any prospective customer, and if that is what they want then i will happily direct them to a local who will do the job??????????????for him.

. I have been out on these charters from chalong, rawaii and others, with my GPS in my bag, and could chase the big stuff if i wanted, but it just dont interest me, not to mention the dangers, costs etc etc involved in going out 20 mile to the fishing grounds.

My research tells me there is more than enough fish hanging around the headlands of patong and down to naihairn, the waters are clean????? enough, naihairns No. 1, and theres plenty of small islands to keep us interested. I reckon i wouldnt have to go any further than 100 meters out to get that GUARANTEED FISH.....AND I WILL WORK WITH OZI SIZE LIMITS, of course, any ozi )fair dinkum) would expect that.

. Theres plenty of small quiet little spots to stop off for a snorkle, barbie, piss up, or siesta if that what the customer wants as part of their day. Do some snorkling, spearfishing, bait collecting.

. The guy who has the tinnie in his front yard being used as a flower pot holder, any chance of some info on his contact, is he on the net??. Would like to talk to him, yes for reference and also maybe he wants to try again, with me. Maybe, just maybe if its done right this time, pay school fees, be a bit craftier in his approach to it, PAY HIS WAY to those who expect a bit of a backhander, then maybe he will have the SMALL/LITTLE BUSINESS..... JUST BEER MONEY, and a hel_l of alot of fishing he was looking for...HIS BOAT CAN BE FIXED, or how much he want for this, anyone know????

anyways thanks for taking the time and reading my rave on, I am sober, not for long though, bloody hot today or what...

Chopps

Hey lads, how they hang'n? Lightly i trust!

Thanks for the replys to my first topic, now let me discuss what my other mate (bottle rum) came up with overnight, and tell me what yas think.

I know the main obstacle (I can cover the 2mil/1mil if i get hooked up, and even have the patience for all the beuracratic bulldust)

so its me owing the boat that seems to be the main problem/danger, so heres a few alternatives to chew/drink over.

1. Yes buy a boat and pay 16000baht a month to phuket "rayal" yacht club/marina's either at nahairn or phuket bay. Maybe for that overthetop cost i might get some sucurity, and who knows even some insurance involved too. But i know its probably way to high a cost for choppas little business, to start off anyways.

2. Pull the boat out of the water each time and bring the thing home with me. Im yet to find a boat ramp though??? and ive never seen anyone towing anything, only huge trucks, of coarse, so i guess that ones out, unless someone knows the whereabouts of a ramp???? but not even the marinas have a ramp (not yet anyway it is comming aparently)

3. buy the boat and keep it up at boat haven for 1000baht per month. Probably not too good, too cheap, no security etc etc.

4. rent a thai and his boatfor the day/few hours with me as tour guide. Including hiring a tuk tuk for transport. This could enhance the 'adventure side of my ploy' . Me supply the rods, tackle, grog, food, snorkle and spears, nets etc etc.

5. A FEW POINTS TO REMEMBER FELLAS...

. Im not targeting the high flyer who wants and expects to catch "many" large species of fish. Im chasing the average aussie who wants a day out fishing, a bit of fun, a bit of adventure, a laugh (boy can tell some stories) bit of education (local or otherwise), someone who just want to get away from the missus and kids or his boring travelling mates, someone who is sick of the "patong" Thai in your face crap/mayhem and take a look at another aussies way of life, in thailand.

. Ive done a bit (hours/hours) of researching the aussie travel market over the internet, especially fishing sites, and i beleive there is a market for it. I have family in the travel industry in oz who are ready to support.

. I DONT WANT 4,6,8 OR 10 PASSENGERS/CUSTOMERS AT ONCE..... IM LOOKING AT 2-3 MAX, PREFER 2, 1 IS BEST....a small OPERATION, SOMETHING TO PLAY WITH, SOMETHING TO GET ME OUT THE HOUSE AND START ENJOYING THE JOINT (a bit more)......

HENCE WHY I QUOTED A SMALL BOAT, 4, 5, 6 METERS, NO MORE.... 50 HP OUT BOARD, NO MORE.

thats why the thais have to hit the touro's so hard the fuel is killing em.

I OWN A 16 FOOT CENTRE CONSOLE IN Airlie Beach, North Queensland and have done for years, using it as charter fishing set up, ITS ALL YOU NEED.

. There is plenty of fish out there, you only have to go have a look, underwater. Dont beleive everything u told!!! U only have to know a bit about fishing, their environment, habits, feeding, wants and needs, and the tides and you have better chance than most to get something.

I have been diving/snorkling, doing my research around the area and from what i saw there is plenty of fish out there for WHAT I WANT.

Once again, the bloke who demands to come home with a bag full of mackeral, emporer or any other species you find HERE AND IN NORTH QUEENSLAND, same same just different names, then hes not for me, and i would make this aparent to any prospective customer, and if that is what they want then i will happily direct them to a local who will do the job??????????????for him.

. I have been out on these charters from chalong, rawaii and others, with my GPS in my bag, and could chase the big stuff if i wanted, but it just dont interest me, not to mention the dangers, costs etc etc involved in going out 20 mile to the fishing grounds.

My research tells me there is more than enough fish hanging around the headlands of patong and down to naihairn, the waters are clean????? enough, naihairns No. 1, and theres plenty of small islands to keep us interested. I reckon i wouldnt have to go any further than 100 meters out to get that GUARANTEED FISH.....AND I WILL WORK WITH OZI SIZE LIMITS, of course, any ozi )fair dinkum) would expect that.

. Theres plenty of small quiet little spots to stop off for a snorkle, barbie, piss up, or siesta if that what the customer wants as part of their day. Do some snorkling, spearfishing, bait collecting.

. The guy who has the tinnie in his front yard being used as a flower pot holder, any chance of some info on his contact, is he on the net??. Would like to talk to him, yes for reference and also maybe he wants to try again, with me. Maybe, just maybe if its done right this time, pay school fees, be a bit craftier in his approach to it, PAY HIS WAY to those who expect a bit of a backhander, then maybe he will have the SMALL/LITTLE BUSINESS..... JUST BEER MONEY, and a hel_l of alot of fishing he was looking for...HIS BOAT CAN BE FIXED, or how much he want for this, anyone know????

anyways thanks for taking the time and reading my rave on, I am sober, not for long though, bloody hot today or what...

Chopps

As far as I know the tinny owner is home in gympie, will check in the next couple of weeks,will dig his address out for you , the tinnie is beyond repair mate ,believe me I would have bought it otherwise, getting a tinny is no problem !!plenty for sale in malaysia, its the thai licence that is the problem, cheaper to come to some arrangement with a thai boat owner, but if you want to try real adventure fishing, go up to Mukdaharn in the Northeast and try for the Giant catfish excuse the pun but they make North Qld Barra look like summer whiting :D Nignoy :o

Can't comment much on the boat adventure as such - a bit beyond my experience horizon - but I stumbled over that "tour guide" mentioned in item 4. That tour guide is on the list of occupations prohibited to foreigners. You'll have to find a better "excuse" for you being on that boat, if and when it floats.