Complete Condo Renovation In Pattaya, How Much?

expatsupreme

I am talking everything, outside balcony putting windows up, retiling the whole place, including bathroom, putting in new shower, sink, basin

the size of condo is 37 sq m

repainting the walls,

how much will this cost me? approximately?

I want something nice and trendy, not high end stuff inside, but stuff from tesco.....

I will put furniture in myself later so that is extra

maybe you can send me contact info for some good companies that do this and not blackmail me later smile.png

Also how long will this take, more than one month?

Edited by expatsupreme

Agreed, the average studio completely redone, incl. water/electric in good quality with small kitchen, soem built in furniture etc. etc. etc. will cost anywhere from 400- 600K. There is so many options these days, so you can get very good results with an experienced contractor. Not Thai style, but nice and lasting. Duration depending on allowed working hours/days from 2-3 months.PF

I also paid 500 k for some condo but the style was very nice because i am a good buyer and control everything.

If you want a nice result and do not check anything by yoursel f it will cost a lot more.

Please do no use these ugly tesco furnitures !!

omg 500??

that is crazy

i though the paint job, tiles, bathroom redone outside balcony is around 100 max

I rather buy renovated condo now

I found some condo for like 800k, complete mess inside, must be like 30 or 40 years old, nobody lives inside, thank you for telling me this now

i will pass on this condo

hmmm

ok let me be more specific

I only need basic renovation, but it needs to look good. So that means new tiles inside and outside on balcony total 36 sq m

then I would need a kitchen on the balcony, some simple sink with outlets to cook some stuff, I rather cook outside then inside the condo, also i would need glass on the balcony

the kitchen can be minimal

Then I would need wall painting, outlets replacement because they are yellow and old

then I would need new tiling in batchroom, want to have that shell sink and shower instead of bathtub

I think that is it

I doubt this will be 400 000

omg 500??

that is crazy

i though the paint job, tiles, bathroom redone outside balcony is around 100 max

I found some condo for like 800k, complete mess inside, must be like 30 or 40 years old, nobody lives inside, thank you for telling me this now

hmmm

14,000 baht sqm renovation, the quotes above are telephone numbers and if these people paid that were conned.

The price depends on how well the job is done, and what materials are used. This is a universal truth and doesn't apply just to Thailand.

Even when you buy something that has been renovated you need to know how to tell the difference between a proper renovation and a quick paint job. I've seen plenty of the latter here masquerading as full renovations, with a price tag to match.

I found some condo for like 800k, complete mess inside, must be like 30 or 40 years old, nobody lives inside,

I like quizzes. smile.png

STS?

.... outlets replacement because they are yellow and old

Dont forget that all the wiring will probably need replacing, along with the fusebox. And a new water heater and a new air-con unit.

why is it automatic that wiring needs to be replaced? and if it does, would that not be a lot of extra working, hacking into walls and ceiling sto tear out wiring ad then replastering/painting?

why is it automatic that wiring needs to be replaced? and if it does, would that not be a lot of extra working, hacking into walls and ceiling sto tear out wiring ad then replastering/painting?

I think that it is reasonable to assume that any old building here (and many much newer ones) will not have electrical wiring up to any sort of standard. So it will probably need replacing to make it safe, especially if you want fancy modern "features" like earthing.

In Europe I was used to conduits in the wall etc. which would usually allow one to pull new cables through without having to disturb plaster etc. but here they do seem to just plaster straight over the cables in the wall with no conduits. Even if there is no conduit it shouldn't actually cost very much to just pull the old wires out and put new ones in as the channels can probably be reused and only the replastering would be extra. And that's quickly done.

So yes, in an old unit it probably needs doing but no, it shouldn't be a huge amount of work. But of course it all adds to the bottom line.

The price depends on how well the job is done, and what materials are used. This is a universal truth and doesn't apply just to Thailand.

Even when you buy something that has been renovated you need to know how to tell the difference between a proper renovation and a quick paint job. I've seen plenty of the latter here masquerading as full renovations, with a price tag to match.

I found some condo for like 800k, complete mess inside, must be like 30 or 40 years old, nobody lives inside,

I like quizzes. smile.png

STS?

STS go for less than 800k and many people live there, Once the management problem is sorted prices will rise

omg 500??

that is crazy

hmmm

My estimation of 500k was based on a complete renovation, that means returning the condo back to a shell

and starting from scratch.

That includes new:

new electrics and consumer unit,

new ceiling and lighting,

new plumbing and water heaters,

new flooring throughout,

new kitchen complete with consumables & tiling,

new extraction for bathroom & kitchen,

new shower room with suite and tiling or granite,

prepare all walls and repaint,

new architrave's and skirting,

new doors.

Then you'll need new bed, sofa, tv, table, cabinets, wardrobe, drawer units, balcony furniture, etc etc.

I've been doing condo renovations for the last 9 years in Pattaya and there is no way you could do all the

above for much less than 500k at the current market value.

If the unit is in a 30-40 year old building, I doubt the wires are hidden within the walls unless a previous owner already did a renovation. Ditto for having enough electrical outlets or having it grounded/earthed. Now here's a novel idea: move the electrical and telephone outlets to below eye level. You won't see every lamp or appliance plug and wires.

STS go for less than 800k and many people live there, Once the management problem is sorted prices will rise

I didn't see many people in residence when I looked around it earlier this year. In fact I think I only saw one person the entire time I was there, and I spent all morning poking around. I did see quite a fair number of completely derelict units. Prices varied according to size, condition and view as one would expect, but 800K was certainly within the range I saw (so was 3M, but some people do like to dream!).

Personally I liked the downstairs but didnt like the building layout or the small windows/balconies on most of the units. I wont be holding my breath waiting for the prices to rise.

What is STS, spanish condo?

STS is one of the last group of big buildings well past the Ambassador going towards Bang Saray. It still counts as "greater Pattaya", just about.

The likes of Spanish Place and Nirun are certainly not my taste but they are cheap enough; there are lots of people living in both of those so they dont really fit your description in that respect. As far as I know they are the cheapest condo buildings in Pattaya proper. If there are any condo buildings here that are cheaper, I dont think that I want to know about them!

Yes I hate nirun too, seems to be like a project or someting

I think the quote 500000 was from a guy who do this for living and takes like 50 % in his pocket, there is no way it costs so much.

For all the furnishing, bed, tv, closet, desk, washing machine, aircon I calculated the cost would be 100000

but for tiles, paintjob, toilet 400000? you must be kidding me