Having A House And Burglars In Pattaya

expatsupreme

"perhaps" doesn't sound like a committment to buy to me.

If you have a genuine fear so great of Burglars (I wonder if this is even a genuine post) then I suggest you don't buy a house ANYWHERE in the world.

CCTV etc is NOT a deterrent BUT records events unless it is Mannned.

Any house anywhere can be Burgled , it is opportunistic most times.

Buy a Condo if you are serious

How can you say that, do you think everywhere in the world people break in? You are so wrong dude, our house have never been broken in in 30 years, so is my grandmas, in 100 years nobody broke in, because people mentallity is different, and upbringing, here in pattaya some people would sell their children for a cup of rice

"perhaps" doesn't sound like a committment to buy to me.

If you have a genuine fear so great of Burglars (I wonder if this is even a genuine post) then I suggest you don't buy a house ANYWHERE in the world.

CCTV etc is NOT a deterrent BUT records events unless it is Mannned.

Any house anywhere can be Burgled , it is opportunistic most times.

Buy a Condo if you are serious

How can you say that, do you think everywhere in the world people break in? You are so wrong dude, our house have never been broken in in 30 years, so is my grandmas, in 100 years nobody broke in, because people mentallity is different, and upbringing, here in pattaya some people would sell their children for a cup of rice

Maybe you live in Shangri La or Xanadu where crime is unheard of, and the rivers flow with milk and honey, but in most places in the world, there are home burglaries to some extent or another. Pattaya is no different but I don't think it is any worse than most large cities of my homeland USA.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

I would recommend living elsewhere in Thailand less crime and you'll get much more for your money. I don't mind Pattaya for a visit but everyone I know that lives in Pattaya has been the victim of crime of some kind or another. One friend was broken into twice within a month, nearly every email from thaivisa involves the untimely death of a foreigner in Pattaya. Unfortunately tourist resorts will always attract large numbers of thieves, scammers and other criminals. A condo would offer the best security but not exactly ideal if you have kids or want a garden.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Use common sense. I've been living in my home for over 12 years now, no

village, stand alone home on the "dark side". We had a break in *attempt*

when we just moved in, and really where not prepared.

Since than, my property is enclosed in 1.5 meter concrete walls, with 50 cm

metal 'spikes' on top of that. Sure they still can climb it, but it makes a quick

escape difficult. Also they won't be able to carry much. Shrubs make it all look

nice ...

I also have security cameras (not cheap thai crap, but imported high res cams,

that record to my NAS (basically a hard drive)). Of course everything is backed

off by a UPS. Not cheap but effective. All cams are mounted high and are well

visible.

Dogs, make great companions and are better than any alarm system I have

seen ! In my case, we also have a full time maid and gardener living on our

property. We try to work on schedule where there is always somebody here.

I just upgraded my windows and doors from the cheap Aluminum crap to

really nice PVC style. No bars. Sure they can break the glass and climb in,

but I think they are to lazy and are looking for a easy way in.

Nights we have parameter lights that are also backed up by an appropriate

sized UPS, to let them run for about 2 hours. However, power has been getting

better here, and we are getting less and less brown outs that last more than

10-20 minutes ...

Good Luck !

luudee

House break ins are not unique to Thailand ..Back in the Uk it is a pandemic problem. I know a lot more people that have had the house ram sacked and cars stolen in the UK than in Thailand you ring the police and the response you get it to be issued you with a crime number to give your insurance company

I for one actually feel safer here than I did in the suburbs of a large urban city.

But saying that I have a 37 kgs Pitbull He is the friendliest animal on the planet but he look the business and Khun Thai are scard sh*tless by him .and when I have khun thai's doing any work on my property I chain him up and tell them never go near him..this just reassures the fake dog image .

We have a house in a gated community ,quite a few of the houses were burgled ,if you wish to know what was targeted ,the gentelman who did it is in the local prison ,he has been there for two years and as a repeat offender is going to be there quite a bit longer ,he is a very lucky man as he gave up when the shooting startedthumbsup.gif

metal 'spikes' on top of that. Sure they still can climb it, but it makes a quick

escape difficult. Also they won't be able to carry much. Shrubs make it all look

nice ...

visible.

10-20 minutes ...

Good Luck !

luudee

bud you must have a fortress, not a house, but I guess that is the only cure if you dont have a pitbull

nice ...

visible.

10-20 minutes ...

Good Luck !

luudee

..........and one day the maid and gardener disappeared in our truck laden with all our household valuables!

Sorry expatsupreme but with the panic in your post, your name is a bit ironic.....

For the condo/house argument - I lived in a 12th floor condo for 2 years in Sth Pattaya and got broken into twice.

Have lived in a house in the sticks for many more and not once has it happened. Have an alarm system that's never turned on and bars on the windows that I hate but I think are probably effective. Have a policeman for a neighbour. Have 4 dogs.

Now touching wood......(no, not my own!)

House break ins are not unique to Thailand ..Back in the Uk it is a pandemic problem. I know a lot more people that have had the house ram sacked and cars stolen in the UK than in Thailand you ring the police and the response you get it to be issued you with a crime number to give your insurance company

I for one actually feel safer here than I did in the suburbs of a large urban city.

But saying that I have a 37 kgs Pitbull He is the friendliest animal on the planet but he look the business and Khun Thai are scard sh*tless by him .and when I have khun thai's doing any work on my property I chain him up and tell them never go near him..this just reassures the fake dog image .

Pit bulls are fantastic dogs if trained properly, i have 2.

Unfotunately they are terrible gaurd dogs, i was broken into and niether of them even bothered to wake up.

Pit bulls are fantastic dogs if trained properly, i have 2.

Unfotunately they are terrible gaurd dogs, i was broken into and niether of them even bothered to wake up.

Yeah My Pit bull is is exactly like that more likely to lick you to death than bite you ..everybody who comes into my garden during day light hours and through the gate are his new best friends ..but saying that if anyone tries and climb over the fence or he knows we are all a sleep in the house he becomes a different dog and very protective but that's only if he's awake lol.