Big Bike Ban In Khao Yai

Whale

I took my 500 to Khao Yai last week. So they aren't banned.

it does not matter.

today they ban Harley and tomorrow honda and maybe all bikes!

they will not ban anything anytime if your bike is under the legal noise limit.

i say i hope someone organize a mass ride of thousands of bikes to protest this and i join sure that i would like to see the face of the guy with decibel meter!

Bc it looks like the noise limit will be according to the mood of the guy/police checking with the decibel meter or the amount of bribe you pay!!!

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it does not matter.

Cannot wait for that day.

But also all loud annoying noises in the Parks...so don't feel like you are being targeted unfairly, just that bike riders are immature, like to race and rev the crap out of their macho ego breaking toys...which is fine anywhere except inside a NP...get used to it...you are not wanted in the Parks, sour grapes for you....go cry on the racetrack at Bonanza if you need to raise your testosterone levels somewhat.

Hope some day they ban loud pipes not only from national parks but from all public streets. But of course same for cars/trucks please.

There are different types of loud pipes. I'll admit the straight pipes on a Hardley are annoying but an aftermarket exhaust on a superbike isn't so bad, especially as it's usually just the sound of them flying by. An inline-4 sounds very different to a Ducati. Personally I think loud(er) pipes save lives abut they don't all have to be irritatingly loud.

Just that one was a keyboard warrior kind of juvenile post comparing monkeys to motor bikes.

Those monkeys can make a hell of a screech, especially when the little bastards refuse to give way on the road and you have to take a kick at them to get them to move. I don't want to hit one as it will probably damage my bike. wink.png

it does not matter.

But also all loud annoying noises in the Parks...so don't feel like you are being targeted unfairly, just that bike riders are immature, like to race and rev the crap out of their macho ego breaking toys...which is fine anywhere except inside a NP...get used to it...you are not wanted in the Parks, sour grapes for you....go cry on the racetrack at Bonanza if you need to raise your testosterone levels somewhat.

Your a funny guy... while I am sure there are those that rev hard and have too loud exhausts I doubt its the majority. i drive my ninja 650 (standard exhaust) normally like many others. Bikes are great forms of transportation.

I am however against real loud pipes in nature parks and idiots using parks as personal race tracks without thinking about others. Same goes of course for idiots in cars with loud sound systems.

• Like 1

i say i hope someone organize a mass ride of thousands of bikes to protest this and i join sure that i would like to see the face of the guy with decibel meter!

Bc it looks like the noise limit will be according to the mood of the guy/police checking with the decibel meter or the amount of bribe you pay!!!

A protest because one Harley rider with a stupid loud pipe wasn't allowed to enter a national park? Khao Yai Antional Park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, one of the last places where threatened species (hopefully) can survive.

ll2, i would suggest you visit the park and stay a while to explore it. You can get cheap rooms inside the park, ask at the visitor center. Walk some trails to nice waterfalls, watch birds, monkeys, elephants and other animals. Get rid of the stress and big city hectic pace. You then may get a clue what we are talking about in this thread.

• Like 1

So what will you do that day? wait in your veranda with a pistol on your hand to shoot bikers?

well, as i told you, i dont like ultra noisy pipes as well or no intention to necessarily to rev my bike in a national park too. And if you rev, it does not mean it is louder as well.

But you have to realize, this sounds like an arbitrary act. They might not allow you just bc of your type, bike or your bribe might not be enough too. do you understand or just dont want? what next? they will not be allowing black people to that park as well?

and all these cars and trucks with open pipes, do they bother you or you are just against bikers only as you never come to that point? What do you ride/drive? are you harassed by bikers anytime in your life so you just hate them whatever? just open a bit.

it reminds me the guys living in Ao Nang - Krabi complaining about the bikes with loud pipes but do not give a shit to the boats with ultra loud open pipes echoing from mountains wakes you up day and night!

A protest because one Harley rider with a stupid loud pipe wasn't allowed to enter a national park? Khao Yai Antional Park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, one of the last places where threatened species (hopefully) can survive.

ll2, i would suggest you visit the park and stay a while to explore it. You can get cheap rooms inside the park, ask at the visitor center. Walk some trails to nice waterfalls, watch birds, monkeys, elephants and other animals. Get rid of the stress and big city hectic pace. You then may get a clue what we are talking about in this thread.

well wantan, i have been there many times possibly more than you. I like there too.

But, every time i went there, mostly there buses of Thai people - family or company - drinking hard fighting and singing karaoke until the morning and i have been disturbed. Also, they travel with that buses windows open with loud music and shoutings coming inside. So what about these?

So, here what i see one guy - not you - is just supporting the decibel check possibly he does not ride and dont give a shit to the others and against bikes but not cars or people somehow and it sounds to egoist and prejudiced!

i am just saying, this is an arbitrary act, i am not saying we need to go into the park necessarily with our bikes, rev them hard and create disturbance to locals and wildlife. But, if i want, i would like to visit there with my bike anytime i want and dont want to get stopped by a guy just bc i am farang!

Edited by ll2

So what will you do that day? wait in your veranda with a pistol on your hand to shoot bikers?

well, as i told you, i dont like ultra noisy pipes as well or no intention to necessarily to rev my bike in a national park too. And if you rev, it does not mean it is louder as well.

But you have to realize, this sounds like an arbitrary act. They might not allow you just bc of your type, bike or your bribe might not be enough too. do you understand or just dont want? what next? they will not be allowing black people to that park as well?

and all these cars and trucks with open pipes, do they bother you or you are just against bikers only as you never come to that point? What do you ride/drive? are you harassed by bikers anytime in your life so you just hate them whatever? just open a bit.

it reminds me the guys living in Ao Nang - Krabi complaining about the bikes with loud pipes but do not give a shit to the boats with ultra loud open pipes echoing from mountains wakes you up day and night!

well wantan, i have been there many times possibly more than you. I like there too.

But, every time i went there, mostly there buses of Thai people - family or company - drinking hard fighting and singing karaoke until the morning and i have been disturbed. Also, they travel with that buses windows open with loud music and shoutings coming inside. So what about these?

So, here what i see one guy - not you - is just supporting the decibel check possibly he does not ride and dont give a shit to the others and against bikes but not cars or people somehow and it sounds to egoist and prejudiced!

i am just saying, this is an arbitrary act, i am not saying we need to go into the park necessarily with our bikes, rev them hard and create disturbance to locals and wildlife. But, if i want, i would like to visit there with my bike anytime i want and dont want to get stopped by a guy just bc i am farang!

"Shooting bikers", "not allowing black people in the park", "getting stopped just because i am farang" - You obviously don't get it.

Well i just said "You then may get a clue what we are talking about in this thread". I already had my doubts while writing this. Go on, plan your protest to support loud pipes in national parks. And don't forget to post about it here smile.png

Hope some day they ban loud pipes not only from national parks but from all public streets. But of course same for cars/trucks please.

There are different types of loud pipes. I'll admit the straight pipes on a Hardley are annoying but an aftermarket exhaust on a superbike isn't so bad, especially as it's usually just the sound of them flying by.

This is why they seem to use a db meter now. Imo this is fair and far away from being "racism against a particular brand" (Harleys).

But its a joke that the guards in the national park have to do this. The police should ban those stupid loud bikes from the streets, not just write a ticket or take a bribe. At the checkpoint confiscate the bike and give the owner some days to come back with a legal pipe. Then the owner can mount the legal pipe at the police station and the noisy pipe gets shredded and recycled to something useful, e.g. trash cans smile.png

just that bike riders are immature

No we're not!

meanwhile-in-russia-rap_zps2d7e439e.gif

Get rid of the stress and big city hectic pace.

That's one of the reasons for riding. Throw in a superbike and a set of leathers and you have yourself a gym and sauna.

And to say that monkeys are noisy is idiotic as that is a natural sound

Hang on! So you're saying that because a sound is natural, it's not noisy?

facepalm2_zpsa63c1d0b.jpg

Er..who's the idiot again? huh.png

Edited by H1w4yR1da

"Shooting bikers", "not allowing black people in the park", "getting stopped just because i am farang" - You obviously don't get it.

Well i just said "You then may get a clue what we are talking about in this thread". I already had my doubts while writing this. Go on, plan your protest to support loud pipes in national parks. And don't forget to post about it here smile.png

well wantan, as usual you runaway when someone says something against your ideas, classic wantan!

it is easy to escape by saying 'i dont understand...' or 'you dont understand'

you understand very well but again as usual just pretend like you dont.

anyway...it is you dont get it wantan and one day they will stop and do not allow you to at the national park on your cbr150 claiming your exhaust - maybe just bc you are farang? or just bc you ride a sport bike? who knows for what as it goes as they please, right? and let you bribe your way in - and you will understand there what i am saying.

just that bike riders are immature

No we're not!

meanwhile-in-russia-rap_zps2d7e439e.gif

Get rid of the stress and big city hectic pace.

That's one of the reasons for riding. Throw in a superbike and a set of leathers and you have yourself a gym and sauna.

And to say that monkeys are noisy is idiotic as that is a natural sound

Hang on! So you're saying that because a sound is natural, it's not noisy?

facepalm2_zpsa63c1d0b.jpg

Er..who's the idiot again? huh.png

of course the monkeys are noisy but they are part of the reason why people go there they are part of nature. People come to escape loud bikes and cars.

I for one find a DB meter a good thing as it has no bias, though it should be applied to cars and buses too. If they want a quiet nature park then make sure those things and karaoke are gone too.

Look mum, the boy over there is making such loud noise with his rattle. Why am i not allowed to play here with my new pipe? ... Thats not fair passifier.gif.pagespeed.ce.4LsapYv4zC.gi

well wantan, as usual you runaway when someone says something against your ideas, classic wantan!
anyway...it is you dont get it wantan and one day they will stop and do not allow you to at the national park on your cbr150 claiming your exhaust - maybe just bc you are farang? or just bc you ride a sport bike? who knows for what as it goes as they please, right? and let you bribe your way in - and you will understand there what i am saying.

You are right, i don't understand your fears. You need loud pipes to feel safe. You fear being discriminated because of your race or type of bike you ride. Yes, the world can be cruel and unfair sometimes. Free free to uprise against this and start protesting.

If one day they decide to ban all motor vehicles from Khao Yai thats OK for me. I will not like it but i will accept it as i know why they do it. I will take my bicycle and enjoy the park even more then. Its obvious that its hard to protect the last recources of nature while at the same time allowing bangkokians coming in for weekend fun. ll2, you should try visiting Khao Yai on normal weekdays (Mo-Friday), such a peaceful and quiet place. Hope they can protect it for upcoming centuries. But if you aren't interested in spending time in peaceful nature just go on playing on race tracks. Each to his own smile.png

Edited by wantan

Look mum, the boy over there is making such loud noise with his rattle. Why am i not allowed to play here with my new pipe? ... Thats not fair passifier.gif.pagespeed.ce.4LsapYv4zC.gi

You are right, i don't understand your fears. You need loud pipes to feel safe. You fear being discriminated because of your race or type of bike you ride. Yes, the world can be cruel and unfair sometimes. Free free to uprise against this and start protesting.

If one day they decide to ban all motor vehicles from Khao Yai thats OK for me. I will not like it but i will accept it as i know why they do it. I will take my bicycle and enjoy the park even more then. Its obvious that its hard to protect the last recources of nature while at the same time allowing bangkokians coming in for weekend fun. ll2, you should try visiting Khao Yai on normal weekdays (Mo-Friday), such a peaceful and quiet place. Hope they can protect it for upcoming centuries. But if you aren't interested in spending time in peaceful nature just go on playing on race tracks. Each to his own smile.png

i agree with you on one thing wantan.

i hope they ban all vehicles to keep it fair for everyone and makes that beautiful national park a nicer place, i am OK with that and to get a bicycle or electric bike around the park.

Other than this, it feels like discrimination and a way to stop you to extort some money according to your type! Because, mostly every stop by authorities in Thailand means money going our of your pocket.

but then, they have to ban people drinking and singing karaoke until the morning as well.

There are many things to ban if it is about noise and/or disturbance level.

If one day they decide to ban all motor vehicles from Khao Yai thats OK for me. I will not like it but i will accept it as i know why they do it. I will take my bicycle and enjoy the park even more then. Its obvious that its hard to protect the last recources of nature while at the same time allowing bangkokians coming in for weekend fun. ll2, you should try visiting Khao Yai on normal weekdays (Mo-Friday), such a peaceful and quiet place. Hope they can protect it for upcoming centuries. But if you aren't interested in spending time in peaceful nature just go on playing on race tracks. Each to his

and falling off a lot by the sounds of it.....lucky he will not be allowed in KY NP if he rides like that everywhere.

Noisy bikes with hooligans on them...BAN

Noisy cars and trucks..same same.

People that drive normal vehicles and behave responsibly.....allow.

But if they ban all vehicles and provide some other form of frequent reliable transport...great....but there recent idea to ban vehicles and only use their own electric trams...well....they need to think these things through first.

I had been through Khao Yai before on the same Harley with the same exhaust. I'm not saying it's the quietest bike there is, but the pipes do have mufflers. Turning me around ruined my little vacation. Yeah, I know you non motorcycle riders could care less, you just want some peace and quiet.

If there is a change in a law such as this, I feel there should be some sort of grace period. Maybe a year or two. OK, let me through this time with a warning.... my bike upsets the Baboons and tourists, I'll let you go this time but the law will be enforced Jan. 2015.

By the way, I never "rev" the bike as I travel anywhere. Nor have I ever treated Khao Yai like a race track. When I went through in the past.... the monkeys were either deaf or the noise didn't bother them as I was able to get within a few meters of them on the roads.

• Like 1

^

Good idea. But we all know that such planning isn't a strength of thai officials. I often wish they would make such things more public, preferable in english language too, but TiT. Its sure not about the monkeys you see sitting on the streets. They are used to noise and wait for peoples feeding them with all kind of shit. Of course this is forbidden too, but people like to do it.

But if you know your bike is too loud, why are you riding it thinking you will never have any trouble? There is a law about pipes and it seems you know you are breaking it. Am i right? It isn't fair to blame the park guards to not let you in. The police should have told you long time before. Maybe they did but you did not listen?

Edited by wantan

Loud pipes are a pet hate of me, though i must say my standard pipes on the Ninja 650 make more sound and I am more noticed then on my small scooter.. could also be because of the size of the bike.

I really do understand them wanting to keep nature parks for nature.. just apply it to all.. cars too and of course buses and karaoke that has no place there.

^

Good idea. But we all know that such planning isn't a strength of thai officials. I often wish they would make such things more public, preferable in english language too, but TiT. Its sure not about the monkeys you see sitting on the streets. They are used to noise and wait for peoples feeding them with all kind of shit. Of course this is forbidden too, but people like to do it.

But if you know your bike is too loud, why are you riding it thinking you will never have any trouble? There is a law about pipes and it seems you know you are breaking it. Am i right? It isn't fair to blame the park guards to not let you in. The police should have told you long time before. Maybe they did but you did not listen?

I didn't say my bike is too loud. It was the opinion of this Knob at the Khao Yai entrance. Actually, the bike sounds pretty good to me smile.png

Edited by ragpicker

Are your pipes stock, or do you have aftermarket pipes that conform to SAE J2825 standards? That's 92dBA at idle and 96dBA at higher revs for a V-twin. If the answer is 'no' or 'I don't know' then your bike is most likely too loud, and you have no valid complaint at being turned away.

My aftermarket system meets the specs- I only wanted something that had a reasonable noise level.

• Like 1

I had been through Khao Yai before on the same Harley with the same exhaust. I'm not saying it's the quietest bike there is, but the pipes do have mufflers. Turning me around ruined my little vacation. Yeah, I know you non motorcycle riders could care less, you just want some peace and quiet.

If there is a change in a law such as this, I feel there should be some sort of grace period. Maybe a year or two. OK, let me through this time with a warning.... my bike upsets the Baboons and tourists, I'll let you go this time but the law will be enforced Jan. 2015.

By the way, I never "rev" the bike as I travel anywhere. Nor have I ever treated Khao Yai like a race track. When I went through in the past.... the monkeys were either deaf or the noise didn't bother them as I was able to get within a few meters of them on the roads.

Agree they should have had a grace period, maybe they did but you did not come through in that time, but they could have let you through that one time, but then how many more times after that would guys go through and claim not knowing etc etc and just let us through this one time etc.

Anyway, its not about the monkey's on the road, they are used to the noise and traffic because people stop and feed them, thats why they hang about, not because they love the sound of your bike.

It is more about the other more timid and shy animals that are frightened off by such things and can even have effects on the breeding patterns, their particular habitat areas, boundaries etc. It scares animals further into the remote jungle and while can be a good thing, it is not for visitors that want to see and enjoy them....quietly....it is after all the education of people that helps save these endangered animals. People tend to be a little more aware after seeing such animals in their native worlds and would be more inclined to help or do something to protect them.

Oh and by the way, instead of just rushing through the park and enjoying the wind in your hair, and the noise of your exhaust....take some time to learn what animals are in there, they are not Baboons.

ll2, i would suggest you visit the park and stay a while to explore it. You can get cheap rooms inside the park, ask at the visitor center. Walk some trails to nice waterfalls, watch birds, monkeys, elephants and other animals. Get rid of the stress and big city hectic pace. You then may get a clue what we are talking about in this

thread.

Just was in Khao Yai last week, and there has been incredible changes outside the NP, some good and some distasteful. The park is a sanctuary for animals, we humans are allowed in to observe the wildlife and enjoy the peace and quiet.

Great if this ban is also extended to noisy cars. I understand the love of bikes, but bikers should also respect wildlife - go and ride Pattaya beach road.

Edited by laban
  • Like 1

Northern pig-tailed macaques not babboons.

You can use the Kabinburi - Wang Nam Khieow route or Muak Lek route in Saraburi as alternatives. Lorries have to use these routes as they also cannot use the road through Khao Yai so you are not being singled out.

Personally I would like to see strict speed limits imposed inside Khao Yai.

On one crackdown, about 3 years ago, they had officials stopping every bike and sternly telling them to slow down, despite the fact I had ridden the 30 km from the Prachinburi checkpoint at 40 km/h. Enforce the speed limits is the way to go but I imagine it would be challenging for the officials or Nakhon Nayok police to learn this new skill.

Cool, a ride with some idiots redlining their stupid loud bikes in a national park. Please make lots of pictures and videos. Sound better than the Sesame Street Circus on tour. I suggest you call it the epic "Freedom for Pipes Run" w00t.gif
300px-Evel_Knivel.JPG

I love my bike but is it that hard to imagine that loud bikes (and other loud vehicles) have no place in a nature park ?

If you want to race or do trips there are plenty of other places.

They should just set a standard this loud and no louder and have a DB test seems fair to me.

• Like 1

I love my bike but is it that hard to imagine that loud bikes (and other loud vehicles) have no place in a nature park ?

They should just set a standard this loud and no louder and have a DB test seems fair to me.

Using a db meter to test the noise is just a temporary solution. Imagine testing a group of 30 bikes with a db meter. Not possible, they don't have the time and equipment for this. So they still have to decide on their own, do we let them in or not. Pretty hard job with a mob of bikers blocking the entrance of the park.

The more loud pipes enter the park, the more likely they will ban all bikes one day. They will have to do it. Its their job to protect the park coffee1.gif

Only one problem with the presumptions of the above 3 posters.

Where did I ever say my bike had loud pipes?

Have you ever ridden a modern inline-4? Of course not, stupid question. I suspect some of you rarely ride, if at all. If you did, you'd know that the roads through KY are fairly twisty and are not to be ridden redlining bikes of which some have rev limits of 14-15k.

Back to your Honda Phantom with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by H1w4yR1da

Wish you happy trolling and a nice ride

The only one trolling here is you. And I noticed you didn't answer my questions. So, what do you ride? I'm interested as you seem to have a dislike for big bikes. Even those whose loud pipes are only a figment of your limited imagination.

And who made you daddy? Unless I know for certain that big bikes are definitely banned, I'll continue to ride there. Although as another poster stated earlier, the Sisawat area of Kanchanaburi is better.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app