Thai Drivers

L&J

ya think Thailands bad now.Ya should have seen it in the early 70's.There wasn't as much traffic.But there were only 3 lanes.One lane for driving on each way,and the middle lane for passing,by either lane,at any time.

Wifey has a saying for that type of road. "one for coming, one for going and one for dieing".

ya think Thailands bad now.Ya should have seen it in the early 70's.There wasn't as much traffic.But there were only 3 lanes.One lane for driving on each way,and the middle lane for passing,by either lane,at any time.

Wifey has a saying for that type of road. "one for coming, one for going and one for dieing".

Such a negative term.

'One for a more speedily rebirth' would make it more Thai.

Edited by cbrer
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

With these proven odds i will apply for a job as a Thai policemanthumbsup.gif

Very lucrative.biggrin.png

Have you seen the price of application lately?

300k just to cheat on the entrance exam!

Haha that when the cheating starts. Very early in the game.

and you have to buy your own gun

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thai philosophy. Me First. My signal is on and I have the right to drive where ever I want.

Thai philosophy. Me First. My signal is on and I have the right to drive where ever I want.

You would be lucky if they signal first , they simply turn and drive however they like without any signal in advance.

My favourite is not to play the music to loud as it uses up more gas! biggrin.png or don't use the window spray as the wipers dirty the glass w00t.gif

A neighbour drove for three days without his lights on when he got his new Honda,i asked why and he said it was ok he could see!rolleyes.gif brains would be dangerous.

Why would the majority of thai drivers wish to improve their driving skill? Their point of reference is the other drivers around them, who drive at a similiar level of ability so, as far as they're concerned, they're good drivers. The driving test is not as rigorous as western equivalents, and you can buy your way through it, as well as buying your way out of most traffic offenses.

50% caught without a license, even if the figure is exagerated, and it's only 25%, still 1 in 4, what's the punishment? If they've no license, I think it's fair to say they also have no insurance, and if they don't care about any of that what percentage of them had a road safe vehicle?

As long as the BIB are taking the 200B on the spot fines and waving people through,nothing will change, it's cheaper to run the risk of getting caught than actually being road legal. still the BIB have got to get their 300,000B investment capital back somehow I suppose.

Hundreds (yes, actual hundreds without exaggeration) were caught paying 300k to cheat on the entrance exam only a few months ago.

Thailand's finest! rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

Becoming a policeman is an investment in the future, why would it be cheap? In fact the bribe demonstrates just how lucrative it is. In the West bureaucrats used to have lower wages but job security as a trade off. These days they are often paid more than the private sector, have enormous amounts of days off for stess and sickness, have longer holdays and can't be fired.

In fact two bureaucrats in Australia were bonking together in a government paid hotel on a useless government paid junket, they were banging so hard ( obviously with more enthusiasm than they work) that something fell off the wall and hit them on the head. They sued the government for damages and stress and won a large settlement.The path is clear, get your kids into the bureaucracy, low IQ requirement, cushy job, high wages, big holidays, intimidate the citizens, good pension and kickbacks in many departments, it is the way of the future.

And two bureaucrats in Australia in a room having sex has what to do with driving in Thailand?

Good question, indeed.