Do You Guys Have Any Experience At Istudio Shops In Pattaya?

nicolas18

Yesterday, I went to Central to buy some Apple stuff. I went into the iStudio shop on the third floor, which was jam-packed as usual.

It was my first time there and I have to say that I have rarely seen such rude salespeople. An older farang guy was in front of me and, when he asked for the price of something, the sales assistant just pointed to a sign on a table five meters away and told him: "You go look on the table there!"

I then asked a question to another sales assistant who, in the middle of me talking, just started a separate conversation with a Thai customer who had entered the shop a good 5 minutes before I had walked in.

Needless to say, I won't be going back there. The problem is that I really like iStudio shops. I've had some issues before with stuff I bought at iStudio shops in BKK and they really have a great after-sales team.

Anyway, does anyone know a "good" iStudio in Pattaya? Meaning one with decent, knowledgeable salespeople.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Sales staff here are notorious for having no idea about the product they are selling or about customer service - not a clue.....

There is an Apple retailer on the bottom floor of Tukcom that has friendlier service, a big fat girl works there who is helpful but it's not an "istudio"

Sales staff here are notorious for having no idea about the product they are selling or about customer service - not a clue.....

There is an Apple retailer on the bottom floor of Tukcom that has friendlier service, a big fat girl works there who is helpful but it's not an "istudio"

Agree, the Apple store (not an iStudio store) on the first store of Tuk Com has very friendly staff. The iStudio stores othe upper floors of tuk con are also helpful. I have found the staff at the Central Beach store to be friendly...but I don't ask them the price of an item when a placard with the price is staring at me next to the product itself.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

So glad to see this here, about how awful is the iStudio in the Pattaya's Central Fiesta Mall: I have been ignored, insulted and misinformed EVERYTIME I have gone there.

After the 3rd time (I thought first 2 times might have been due to it was a new mall), I will never go there again. The stupidity and the arrogant attitude of the staff, all of them I have encountered, is the worse I have ever experienced anywhere in Asia, and especially in Thailand, where I have lived for over 10 years. There is also a total lack of any attempt to understand or communicate in English - sad for what is an American product-centered store.

Note I have had great results at 3 iStudios in Bangkok: #1 Soi Aree in the Villa Mall-ette; #2 Siam Paragon alto always, always busy; #3 Central World when there's a "genius" around.

There is also a total lack of any attempt to understand or communicate in English - sad for what is an American product-centered store.

So by your logic, the staff and customers in Sony stores should be conversant in Japanese and Korean should be the lingua Franca in the Samsung and LG stores? How far does your principle extend...to restaurants too?

In the specific case of apple products, they have a limited range of products for a computer/electronics brand and their great claim to fame is simplicity of design and friendly user interfaces. Any information one needs about their product range can easily be found on their English language website. Not much need for detailed conversations with the staff at any of their stores, either in Thailand or the USA.

• Like 1

On the contrary Sir...there is much need for 'detailed converstaions with staff'....

Most of the info on-line is written in what might be called 'IT-speak' or compu-talk

and is,quite often,way beyond the understanding of some of the older more mature folk,

like myself.

"there is a big fat girl there who is helpful "??

let's hope she doesn't read this forum otherwise she won't be 'helpful' for much longer.......

Sheesh !!!

Thai's don't have the same stigma in the west with fat people, they are very blunt when they see fat people and no one thinks nothing of it - no biggie.

• Like 1

It has changed. It has been renovated, new owners and double the size. I don't think you'll find the fat chick there now, but there's a fat guy working there now.

There is also a total lack of any attempt to understand or communicate in English - sad for what is an American product-centered store.

So by your logic, the staff and customers in Sony stores should be conversant in Japanese and Korean should be the lingua Franca in the Samsung and LG stores? How far does your principle extend...to restaurants too?

In the specific case of apple products, they have a limited range of products for a computer/electronics brand and their great claim to fame is simplicity of design and friendly user interfaces. Any information one needs about their product range can easily be found on their English language website. Not much need for detailed conversations with the staff at any of their stores, either in Thailand or the USA.

You hit the nail on the head. There's nothing you'd need to ask a Thai salesman in iStudio that you couldn't find out in 5 minutes in the online Apple Store.

There's a reason why the staff are standoffish there. That iStudio is jam packed with rude, demanding, overbearing Russians all day long. If you're Caucasian in look, you'll be considered Russian.

That studio is a bonus for Apple enthusiasts because you can go and play with all the latest MacBooks, iPhones, iPads etc without being disturbed by pushy sales staff. When you find what you want then either purchase it online for a better price or buy somewhere else LOL.

Last week we had a play around with the new iPhone 5 there.... then I went home and bought it online. That saved 1,650 baht. Would you believe this iStudio could not supply an iPhone 5 for about 3 weeks yet all the stores on the other side of the mall (same floor) had stock to spare.

We did get a cover there a few days ago - and one of the friendly sales staff did a very thorough job of putting on a protective plastic film... after closing time. Nothing wrong with that service.

On the contrary Sir...there is much need for 'detailed converstaions with staff'....

Most of the info on-line is written in what might be called 'IT-speak' or compu-talk

and is,quite often,way beyond the understanding of some of the older more mature folk,

like myself.

That kind of "speak" will be extremely rare anywhere in Thailand. Good luck finding it.

Best bet would be to go online and finding a friendly Mac Forum. The internet is full of them with plenty of very friendly, knowledgeable people ready to answer any question you may have.

It has changed. It has been renovated, new owners and double the size. I don't think you'll find the fat chick there now, but there's a fat guy working there now.

You think that's a pre-requisite for the job?

Even in Bangkok, the staff at the iStudio stores are terrible. They are rude, unknowledgeable and unhelpful. I really hate that store. This is considering that's office and home are full of apple products. I really wish Apple would not grant dealership to such low standards. I have been to locations at pantip, central bangna, mega bangna, paragon, Siam square and all are equally bad.

Even in Bangkok, the staff at the iStudio stores are terrible. They are rude, unknowledgeable and unhelpful. I really hate that store. This is considering that's office and home are full of apple products. I really wish Apple would not grant dealership to such low standards. I have been to locations at pantip, central bangna, mega bangna, paragon, Siam square and all are equally bad.

If your standards were adopted for iStudios in Thailand there wouldn't be any. The fact that all studios are roughly the same should be the clue that this is how it is going to be here, take it or leave it.

Thais love Apple - the gadgets sell themselves. They don't need any help from pushy, extra friendly sales staff. Most customers know what they want before they go to the store.

Call it brand arrogance if you will. Perhaps this could be their undoing one day. It destroyed Nokia's market share.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1