Kiwi Flees From Fatal Road Crash In Central Pattaya

Rimmer

Drunk or not, or simply accidental, killing a Taxi Driver and sticking around that area is not healthy.

Especially of you consider what they do to people just disputing a faire...

Sad state of the union that this is the rational situational response,

but being beaten to a pulp by the guys disgruntled friends is also not a great option.

Get home and next day present to the police. Which I suspect he will do shortly.

If not he's got bigger issues forthcoming.

If its good enough for the Red Bull heir, why not everyone else?

• Like 1

Good to see that the old farang CSI and wannabe Sherlock Holmes of Thailand have once again solved another incident based on a few line of news from the notoriously inaccurate local websites. One site says drunk and unknown color plate. The other doesn't mention drunk but says a red plate. One says Honda click and the other doesn't say what kind. The crime investigators of ThaiVisa have concluded who was at fault and that the Kiwi driver was drunk and has fled Thailand for New Zealand. All we need now is an executioner.

"Red plate so he is probably the owner". Rental never have red plates? Sure about that?

The guy would seem to live in Pattaya. He was on Soi Diana and heading to Soi Neun Plab Wan. Not exactly a tourist area. Doubtful that he ran to the airport and is already in New Zealand, if that is were he is really from. Not that easy to get a seat without a prior reservation.

You're the real Sherlock Holmes then!

I like that: Your reading ability seems to be rather lacking. My comments aren't conclusions but supposition and thoughts. Maybe it is too dificult for you to understand the difference.

His reading ability is fine, it is you that that mentioned CSI and Sherlock Holmes.

Please point out any post that has concluded the outcome or not just given thoughts.

EDIT to ask to point out only posts before yours not after.

Edited by Scully

Be reborn well, Khun Preeda Kotmuang. With a brain, and higher up the Thai-caste order. How do we know the perpetrator was a Kiwi? From the testimony of a prostitute who couldn't tell apart an Australian from a Klingon?

Edited by Potosi
  • Like 2

Red plates so probably the owner of the bike. Hopefully CCTV captured the detail so he can be tracked down. A few months back I had a Thai family member killed by a foreign driver in Pattaya, again a hit & run, but the police located and arrested him. Also I have a number of Thai family who are motorbike taxi drivers who work long hours to support their family. They do not attack foreigners who try to rip them off, but contact police.

However they probably drive crazy like the rest of them. There's a very good chance the responsibility for the crash belongs to the deceased... however if the NZ guy stuck around he would be blamed for the accident.

It's not difficult for oncoming bikes to collide in that street where cars are constantly blocking it and causing the bikes to crisscross all over the street.

I am assuming the BG on the back of the bike told the police he was drunk. Did the runner. Time of night also. Seems reasonable he was

utter nonsense

Yeah, probably just drinking water all night but still had a late one

so he fled the scene whilst 'drunk' and NOT ONE thai motorbike gave chase? think not, he done very well to get away, must have known a few back doubles. Innocent untill proven otherwise.

He probably didn't have a clue that they guy was badly injured. The report states that it was a low speed impact. He probably didn't think the taxi guy had more than a scratch or two. It was unlucky that he landed badly.

Good to see that the old farang CSI and wannabe Sherlock Holmes of Thailand have once again solved another incident based on a few line of news from the notoriously inaccurate local websites. One site says drunk and unknown color plate. The other doesn't mention drunk but says a red plate. One says Honda click and the other doesn't say what kind. The crime investigators of ThaiVisa have concluded who was at fault and that the Kiwi driver was drunk and has fled Thailand for New Zealand. All we need now is an executioner.

"Red plate so he is probably the owner". Rental never have red plates? Sure about that?

Doubtful that he ran to the airport and is already in New Zealand, if that is where he is really from, because it is not that easy to get a walkin seat without a prior reservation. The guy would seem to live in Pattaya because he was on Soi Diana and heading to Soi Neun Plab Wan. Not exactlly a tourist area.

That's why I said "probably", not "the owner"smile.png

Edited by simple1

Red plates so probably the owner of the bike. Hopefully CCTV captured the detail so he can be tracked down. A few months back I had a Thai family member killed by a foreign driver in Pattaya, again a hit & run, but the police located and arrested him. Also I have a number of Thai family who are motorbike taxi drivers who work long hours to support their family. They do not attack foreigners who try to rip them off, but contact police.

However they probably drive crazy like the rest of them. There's a very good chance the responsibility for the crash belongs to the deceased... however if the NZ guy stuck around he would be blamed for the accident.

It's not difficult for oncoming bikes to collide in that street where cars are constantly blocking it and causing the bikes to crisscross all over the street.

You have a point...but if the "Kiwi" was actually p*shed..then he would be responsible irrespective...

If anyone had the foresight to take down the number of the bike, (and someone often does), the chances are the cops will eventually track him down - even if it was a rental.

It happens.

He might also be known at the bar he picked up the BG from.

If I was him, I would think seriously about turning myself in or consider my other options....

I had the argument with my Thai wife about how Thais just leave people for dead when they hit them and nearly always do a runner and I said I would want to stop and help and she said DO NOT STOP, EVER they will kill you, she then proceeded to reel off multiple accidents where the person who hit the person was ultimately beaten to death, or savagely beaten even though they stopped and tried to help the victim.

So the advice of my wife is RUN DON'T STOP then go to the Police once you are safe, to me that is fuc_ked up but if that is the reason why they run then I'm all for it, and accident is an accident and you should not be killed if you have an accident even if you were drinking.

DK