Cable Tv

a) Not bad. Channels of interest inc Syfi, Universal, BBC/ALJ news (Fox too if not taken seriously), a couple of movie channels & some sport inc live Rugby & Championship football.

b ) THB 2,200 every 6 months.

HTH

Edited by evadgib

Australia Network too. Has some good documentaries, news programs and dramas amongst the other dull programs. Sydney NYE fireworks display on ay 19:50, shall watch that rather than fight my way to Chaweng to see their fireworks. All the Thai channels are available too for the missus. I have True Visions too but keep Cable as a back up for when TV gets boring. 2,200 B for 6 mths is not too back really.

• Like 1

How would I go about getting Cable TV? Is there a shop somewhere, or an internet site?

And does anyone know if it is available everywhere, or only in certain areas/houses?

As SR says it is 2,200 for 6 months or 400 baht per month.

From memory their office is just before Maenam on the RHS coming from Bophut but someone can give you more accurate directions than that.

The cable seems to run just about everywhere on the island along with the power and phone cables. They come and take a spur down to your house. Don't know the distance they will take it or how much they charge for installation.

If you're British, there's a good alternative where for 490 baht a month you can get 13 UK TV programmes streamed over the internet from 3w.uk-tv.asia . Quality is excellent with rare drop-outs and you can either watch live or record for later viewing.

You definitely need to be near a high density area. I live 1.5 kilometers from a numbered road. Samui Cable are not interested and there are a lot of houses in this area. Now - we all have UBC and so are unlikely to downgrade to cable. UBC Gold - 1568 baht per month. No signal in a thunderstorm

For UBC satellite packages look at thumbsup.gif

http://www.truevisio...ckage.aspx?id=8

For samui cable sad.png

http://samuicable.com/default.asp

You get what you pay for. blink.png

Sign onto the internet - it's more interesting smile.png

Boater,does your tv have to be connected to internet then to get lovefilm and if so can be connected via wifi?thanks.

yes it does , or you can connect a dongle to your tv for it to work, you need at least 10mb for it to work smothly

How would I go about getting Cable TV? Is there a shop somewhere, or an internet site?

And does anyone know if it is available everywhere, or only in certain areas/houses?

From memory their office is just before Maenam on the RHS coming from Bophut but someone can give you more accurate directions than that.

The cable seems to run just about everywhere on the island along with the power and phone cables. They come and take a spur down to your house. Don't know the distance they will take it or how much they charge for installation.

If you're British, there's a good alternative where for 490 baht a month you can get 13 UK TV programmes streamed over the internet from 3w.uk-tv.asia . Quality is excellent with rare drop-outs and you can either watch live or record for later viewing.

That sounds interesting, 13 UK programmes ! Do you know anybody who has it, as i am not at all happy with the cable which i have right now, in fact, my TV is permanently turned off !

That sounds interesting, 13 UK programmes ! Do you know anybody who has it, as i am not at all happy with the cable which i have right now, in fact, my TV is permanently turned off !

You can try it for free, go to the website (3w.uk-tv.asia), download the software and watch around 3 or 4 channels for free. I use it when I'm in Thailand, just like being at home. Once the buffer is full you never get the programme hanging (assuming your connection is fast enough).