Centrepoint Car Ferry Koh Chang

brizzle

I'm thinking about taking the drive over to Koh Chang from Pattaya on the 5th January and staying 3 or 4 nights.

What is the situation with the car ferry...do I book or just get in line?

Are there frequent transfers and more importantly will I definately be able to get off the island in a timely manner with my car during peak season?

I'm guessing that as New year will have long gone I should get no troubles but I cannot afford to be held up for a day too long due to traffic volumes...I have a flight to catch!

Any first hand knowlege would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Edited by brizzle

I have been to Koh Chang many times and have never booked in advance, I'm not even sure that you can. Never a problem, at most have had to wait 30 minutes in either direction. I always use the Koh Chang Ferry, rather than Centrepoint, its closer and I remember reading somewhere that its more frequent.

I have been to Koh Chang many times and have never booked in advance, I'm not even sure that you can. Never a problem, at most have had to wait 30 minutes in either direction. I always use the Koh Chang Ferry, rather than Centrepoint, its closer and I remember reading somewhere that its more frequent.

Used center point many times, you dont book in advance, just turn up and get in the queue, only time I ever remember traffic problems was one Songkran years ago, 30 minute turn around is about the norm as well at ceter point