Dominos Pizza

eMzyme

Back on topic, Tried it Monday and liked it and found it to be just as good as what you find in the US branch. Found it a little overpriced and can't say much for the location with it being on the second floor with acess with a small elevator. The waiting/eating area is one floor above where you order. The waiting area is boring with no windows and feels confined. I will take out again since it is better that the other fast food pizza places in Bangkok. Get the classic crust instead of the thin and crusty and you will get a better pizza.

• Like 1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many of you tip delivery guys?

Just asking because most Thais don't give any tip. When in Rome, do like...

I tip them the change or throw them 20 baht if the change is less than 10. They earn peanuts and the majority are usually quite polite considering the job they do.

For the record, from what I have read in the history books the Romans were for the most part cruel bastards. If you want to do as the cruel bastards do then woohoo good for you.

I had a couple of slices of the small pepperoni for lunch today as I happened to be passing.

Not quite the same as the UK....the sauce is a bit different.

Definitely better than Scoozi....could be better but I'd eat it again.

Had the deep pan one of course. ;)

• Like 1

What is it with every pizza chain in Thailand (Pizza Co, Pizza Hut and now Dominos) making 12 inch pizza. 12 Inches is not a large.... (4-6 people) Really?

It's flour for goodness sake. It's not like they are loosing money...

Edited by Newguy70

It's flour for goodness sake. It's not like they are loosing money...

The expense is covering the flour with cheese.

The pizza chains are CHEAP across the board. (size, pepperoni, mushrooms, onions) etc...

Next you are gonna tell me it's the expense to cover onions also.

Pala Pizzeria by Asok BTS does 1 metre pizzas (NB these are kind of oblong shaped rather than round like most other places). They would definitely be classed as large I think.

I like Pala however its a completely different style.

Thin n crispy versus deep pan.

Therefore I don't think you can compare the two places.

A small pizza was big enough for me at Dominos in any case.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Their 30 minute delivery guarantee is bs. It takes them 45-1hr to the next soi, and if you refuse to pay its quite obvious the driver will have to pay for it himself. Which is the opposite to what they have on their website about drivers not being penalised.

Also. Them sending the wrong order constitutes you having received your order within 30 minutes and even if the correct order takes a total of 1hr to arrive. :blink:

Just had 1 delivered. Arrived after 25 mins (soi 8), still hot.

The small classic crust meatzza pizza and spicy chicken wings were good. The sauce on the pizza is different from UK, it's a little more tomatoee tasting. I got the wrong drink, no big issue. And yes, the driver got to keep the change. Altogether 300 Baht including 50 Baht tip.

I would order again licklips.gif

• Like 2

Just had 1 delivered. Arrived after 25 mins (soi 8), still hot.

The small classic crust meatzza pizza and spicy chicken wings were good. The sauce on the pizza is different from UK, it's a little more tomatoee tasting. I got the wrong drink, no big issue. And yes, the driver got to keep the change. Altogether 300 Baht including 50 Baht tip.

I would order again licklips.gif

If it taste like Pizza Hut pizza in Thailand you can have it.if it taste the same as the pizza's they make in the us then i'm up to it.

pizza hut and dominos tastes like sh&t wherever they are made.

If it taste like Pizza Hut pizza in Thailand you can have it.if it taste the same as the pizza's they make in the us then i'm up to it.

pizza hut and dominos tastes like sh&t wherever they are made.

Where to buy good deep pan pizza in Bangkok please?

• 2 weeks later...

I'd also like to toss my vote in Bangkok for Pala near Asoke. The crust is a little thick but what a crust. It is excellent. They are using the Italian wheat and a lot of good quality extra virgin olive oil. The cheese is light but the sauce is delicious.

On topic, I ordered a couple of Domino's Pizzas the other night at the hotel. Large, that's 12 inches, which is really a small to medium, 2 topping, hot dog, suppose to be sausage, and mushroom pizza was classified as a build your own and was 555 Baht. Almost 20 USD for a 12 inch pizza. The already built pineapple and ham was 435 Baht for a 12 inch, about 15 USD.

All together 2 large 12 inch pizzas and a medium 8 inch was 1350 Baht, 46 USD plus tip. I wish them luck.

On another note The Duke's will open in the location formerly occupied by Coyote Sukhumvit. Right across the street from Domino's Pizza. The current price for a 2 topping pizza at The Duke's, the small, which is 12 inches. a bit larger than the large Domino's Pizza, is 225 plus tax, total of 242 Baht. Three smalls will set you back about 800 Baht if you figure in the Domino's delivery charge. A 500 baht saving over Domino's Pizza.

I can't say at this point if the pizza will be the same price when we open but it will be close.

Dave

Edited by theDukes

I'd also like to toss my vote in Bangkok for Pala near Asoke. The crust is a little thick but what a crust. It is excellent. They are using the Italian wheat and a lot of good quality extra virgin olive oil. The cheese is light but the sauce is delicious.

On topic, I ordered a couple of Domino's Pizzas the other night at the hotel. Large, that's 12 inches, which is really a small to medium, 2 topping, hot dog, suppose to be sausage, and mushroom pizza was classified as a build your own and was 555 Baht. Almost 20 USD for a 12 inch pizza. The already built pineapple and ham was 435 Baht for a 12 inch, about 15 USD.

All together 2 large 12 inch pizzas and a medium 8 inch was 1350 Baht, 46 USD plus tip. I wish them luck.

On another note The Duke's will open in the location formerly occupied by Coyote Sukhumvit. Right across the street from Domino's Pizza. The current price for a 2 topping pizza at The Duke's, the small, which is 12 inches. a bit larger than the large Domino's Pizza, is 225 plus tax, total of 242 Baht. Three smalls will set you back about 800 Baht if you figure in the Domino's delivery charge. A 500 baht saving over Domino's Pizza.

I can't say at this point if the pizza will be the same price when we open but it will be close.

Dave

Can we delete all the other posts when it opens and rename the thread please. clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Dave

Is this Dukes as of Duke's Express from Emporium?

Dave

The Duke's in The Emporium was a franchise quick serve restaurant with a limited menu. This will be company owned and managed and will be full a service casual restaurant.

Dave

The Duke's in The Emporium was a franchise quick serve restaurant with a limited menu. This will be company owned and managed and will be full a service casual restaurant.

Sounds good to me! The Emporium franchise did do some of the best burgers. I especially liked their buns.

• 3 months later...

Stopped in this week and have a few thoughts to share. First of all, location wise I would give them a B as you have to take an elevator up to the second floor to access them. Whoever thought that this would be a good idea should be fired. I didn't see any other way to access the establishment, but maybe I missed it.

Secondly, they changed the sauce. Why are they copying Pizza Hut in Thailand. The sauce is in my opinion horrible.

Thirdly, they are just like the other two (The Pizza Co, Pizza Hut) when it comes to size, toppings etc. For the price 365baht for a medium Meat zee pizza is pitiful. It was small, very few toppings, and seemed a bit overcooked.

The pizza game is wide open for someone who can actually make a decent sized and decent tasting pizza that is not overpriced. I have included a pic so you can see the size of the pizza ( I have small hands) . My hand is for comparison.

post-69968-13725694209953_thumb.jpg

post-69968-13725694365605_thumb.jpg

Sounds like Dominos is making one of the same mistakes that they made before they went out of business in Thailand the first time they tried it here. They set up shops in out of the way places instead of prime locations like most major fast food franchises do.

Stopped in this week and have a few thoughts to share. First of all, location wise I would give them a B as you have to take an elevator up to the second floor to access them. Whoever thought that this would be a good idea should be fired. I didn't see any other way to access the establishment, but maybe I missed it.

Secondly, they changed the sauce. Why are they copying Pizza Hut in Thailand. The sauce is in my opinion horrible.

Thirdly, they are just like the other two (The Pizza Co, Pizza Hut) when it comes to size, toppings etc. For the price 365baht for a medium Meat zee pizza is pitiful. It was small, very few toppings, and seemed a bit overcooked.

The pizza game is wide open for someone who can actually make a decent sized and decent tasting pizza that is not overpriced. I have included a pic so you can see the size of the pizza ( I have small hands) . My hand is for comparison.

not to mention the "sausage" is a hotdog.

what disappointing <deleted> it is

How many of you tip delivery guys?

Just asking because most Thais don't give any tip. When in Rome, do like...

I tip 10-20 bt for food delivery, often just giving the change or if it is like less than 8 bt change, ill take the change and give him a 20. Why? I can afford it, makes me feel good, makes him (delivery guy) feel good, and hopefully, just maybe, he will remember me next time. With this dominos pizza order i gave him 22 bt for all of the above reasons plus the simple fact that it was the first delivery to my place and why not give the impression you are generous? how can it hurt you? Yes Will you can do as the Romans do, but I disagree that Thais don't tip; some do, some dont. Im from a tipping culture, and of course ive scaled it back since moving here, but I still believe in the logic behind it. As for the cries of "you dumbass Yank you are ruining for everyone else"...I dont give a flying fart what it does to you.

Thais definitely tip, just not large amounts at a time. However, 20 Baht is more than adequate as a tip for a delivery driver this is Thailand after all.

Ok so I ordered Dominos last night.

I went online and the website says that they will have their online ordering system set up soon and that you can call for delivery. It was just after 9 and I did so promptly. The lady on the phone spoke absolutely perfect American english, a true native speaker.

About 15 minutes later however, I received a call from Dominos and an Indian sounding guy was trying to tell me something urgent but it was a bit difficult to make out. In the end he was saying that normally they don't deliver to my soi. I found that quite odd as they are located at sukh 22 and I live at sukh 36, essentially one bts stop away. He said their delivery area was Sukh 8-24, but I believe that he was referring to the area that qualifies for the "30 min or free" promotion. He said the driver may be a little late and I replied that it was quite alright I could wait a bit longer.

The food arrived probably 40 min after I ordered and was still hot. The pizza was smallish but enough to feed two and came with a large order of garlic bread and chicken wings both of which were par for the course. The total for the meal was 339 and with delivery 378. I gave the delivery guy 400 to give him a 22 bt tip. Respectful delivery guy who kind of freaked out when I asked him if he had chili with him, he was scared I would be upset that he didn't have it, lol.

The pizza was very thin crust and was about a 6.8/10 in my view. Sauce was standard, cheese was ok, but the pepperoni was a little disappointing as was the crust that broke up fairly easily.

Maybe Dominos have started outsourcing their call center staff so when you first made the call, you got the US call center and the second time the Indian one. Perhaps Dominos has gone the way of banks and telecom companies.

I went to Domino's in the Holiday Inn (Fenix Square Bldg.) this week at about 10:20 pm to give it a try. It was closed! In the window, it says the shop closes at 22:00! How can you hope to build a customer base by closing your pizza shop well before midnight in a bar crawl area (Soi 22/Sukhumvit)? Mind boggling.

Dukes note: Looks like renovations are back underway at the former Coyote Mexican food restaurant across the street after a cessation. Newspapers are covering the windows now and workers were hard at it about mid-evening. I am assuming it's for The Dukes outlet.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp