What Options Do I Have ?

I would appreciate anybody help with a tricky decision .im trying to find out how i can make it possible for my thai girlfriend to come and live with me in the uk.

we have already applied for a fiancee visa but were refused. i was in the uk at the time. my girlfriend went for the interview .

im going to appeal against the decision but is there anything else i can do.

if i were to go and marry her in thailand what stance would that leave me in regards the visa ? would it be granted or again refused ?

im not sure why they have declined the visa but am awaiting my girlfriend to email me the documents they gave her.

any help would be great..

thanks Jonny P

1. They need to see that it is a real relationship. You need to prove to them that you have had a relationship with your girlfriend over a period of time. So photos of you doing things together – with date on the photos is good! Documents to prove when and where you were in Thailand. Emails, letters over a period of time.

2. They also need to know that she is going to be supported financially in the UK. So you need to show that you are solvent (or her!). Bank statements, pay slips etc. A guarantee form someone else may do for example your parents may guarantee for you.

3. They need to see that she will have somewhere to live.

If you can show this there should be no problem as far as UK visa is concerned. You don’t need to get married but it may help to show that you have a real relationship.

Hope this helps,

Good luck!

I would appreciate anybody help with a tricky decision .im trying to find out how i can make it possible for my thai girlfriend to come and live with me in the uk.

we have already applied for a fiancee visa but were refused. i was in the uk at the time. my girlfriend went for the interview .

im going to appeal against the decision but is there anything else i can do.

if i were to go and marry her in thailand what stance would that leave me in regards the visa ? would it be granted or again refused ?

im not sure why they have declined the visa but am awaiting my girlfriend to email me the documents they gave her.

any help would be great..

thanks Jonny P

How long has the relationship been going Jonny ?

Seem to recall the requirement is you have known each other for at least 2 years? (Its on the app form) My approach to dealing with the British Embassy was not to even think about going near it till I had EVERYTHING in place. My girlfriend, now my wife, entered on a tourist visa and we married here, not an option for you as you have already shown your hand. Also, a tourist visa depends even more on her status rather than yours. Plus, I know a change to the law of marriage here giving a right to stay is either impending or already in place.No doubt others can advise you if the situation re visa requirements has changed in the last few years, but the first point holds true.

If you appeal and your still outside the required period I see little chance of a change in the original decision.

I Have known my girlfriend since august 2003 so just over 6 months. Is this going to be an instant put off for the visa dept ?

can anybody give me a clear picture of what i would gain except for the obvious from marrying with her with regards the visa ? can they still decline the visa ?

its very frustrating though as im sure alot more unsavoury visas get handed out.

all i want is my girlfriend with me. how hard can it be ?

please please any posts will be printed, read several times then framed.

any help would be great

regards Jonny

all i want is my girlfriend with me. how hard can it be ?

Here is a guaranteed method for being with your teeruk every day until she gets a visa.

Get on a plane.

Fly to Thailand.

Live / stay with her until she gets a visa.

Fly to UK together.

Sorry if this is not the answer you want, but it does address the question quoted above.

I Would love to go and live with her in thailand but i dont have a stack of cash to live on out there and trying to save for a visa application fee on a thai wage would be very difficult i would imagine.

but still worth a think about

Thanks

I Would love to go and live with her in thailand but i dont have a stack of cash to live on out there and trying to save for a visa application fee on a thai wage would be very difficult i would imagine.

but still worth a think about

Thanks

Have you thought about phoning a senior immigration officer at the Embassy in Bangkok ?

i havent to be honest. i didnt think i woulb be significant enough to ring a senior.

how could i approach him and what could be do ?

Please keep and ideas posted.

kind regard jonnyp

As a fellow countryman, you could just try asking for advice. Your Immigration people in the UK might give you the name of someone in the Embassy in Bangkok.