Pet Friendly Rentals

Hi

We are considering moving to Chiang Mai from UK in 2007. Our other choices are Chiang Rai or Phuket. We will be bringing our German Shepherd with us, have no option cannot possibly leave him in UK. We will need to rent a house before we arrive. Can anyone reccommend where to find pet friendly rentals? Thanks :o

2007 is a LONG way off .... and the 2 cities/provinces are a long way apart .... and renting before you know exactly where you want to be is a bad idea. I'd reccomend at least one of you come out a week or 2 ahead and get the place rented wherever you decide.

Renting houses with pets is no problem ... it's rare that people won't allow pets. Finding places to rent is easy, so I also recommend you do it from here ... main reason being that the advertised price is rarely the price you end up paying ... I've lived in about 10 places and have bargained a good few thousand a month off all. The place I'm in now we found on a Sunday and moved in the following Saturday and that includes getting movers in to pack everything (and there was a lot!) all in such a short space of time, so you needn't worry about finding somewhere before you come. Don't know about the places you're looking at but, in Bangkok, Oakwood (which has hotel rooms and apartments search on internet and you will find it) allows pets so it could be a place to stay while you're looking for permanant accomodation.

Renting houses with pets is no problem ... it's rare that people won't allow pets. Finding places to rent is easy, so I also recommend you do it from here ... main reason being that the advertised price is rarely the price you end up paying ... I've lived in about 10 places and have bargained a good few thousand a month off all. The place I'm in now we found on a Sunday and moved in the following Saturday and that includes getting movers in to pack everything (and there was a lot!) all in such a short space of time, so you needn't worry about finding somewhere before you come. Don't know about the places you're looking at but, in Bangkok, Oakwood (which has hotel rooms and apartments search on internet and you will find it) allows pets so it could be a place to stay while you're looking for permanant accomodation.

Hi

I can see the sense in what you say. The only problem is I will have my elderley mother and German Shepherd with me. I think we are going to Chiang Mai.

Chiang Mai is a BIG place all on its own ... maybe in the CNX forum you can ask about hotels that will take you and the dog and the elderly granny while you figure out where you want to be ...

Itwould really suck getting a place before you arrive only to find you were stuck for months far from shopping or a place where granny could go safely ... not to mention a house that is nice in early 2006 could be a rat hole in 2007