Visa Help For Wife Married In Uk

Hi all , spent a few hours trying to get all the info needed but nothing quite matches my request

My wife who is Thai came to uk on a visit visa 9 years ago ,

We moved to thailand after marriage in the uk ,

Now have 2 sons(6 and 8) born in Thailand

Can someone please let me know how much money/work it will take to go for a 3week holiday to the u.k as havent returned for a long time , I dont have work in the Thailand as retired when moving out here

I need to know if i need to show a certain amount of savings and also someone has said i will need to have a sponser in the u.k and as i am staying with my parents during the visit i will need a letter from them to prove this ?

Please let me know the time scale of this if anyone can help it would be great as i keep finding different rules ,p.s also how much /easy is it to get my 2 sons a dual nationality so they can go easily to the u.k in future

Thanks for your time reading this !

When I took Thai Gf to the Uk.

Got all the info from UK boarder agency.

Slightly different to you with kids.

UK give a six month visa for holiday.

Would think getting the kids dual nationality would make things a lot easier in the future.

As for application for visa,a lot of photo copies,some translations,

Not hundred percent think now you have to start the process online.

This is what my wife used for her visa to the UK for a family funeral

1. Form VAF 1B plus photo.

2. Letter from me explaining why we are applying now.

3. Printed Application from on-line application

4. Her current Passport and copy.

5. Her previous Passport and copy.

6. Her ID Card and copy.

7. Her Tambien Baan plus copy.

8. Marriage Certificate plus copy.

9. Letter from Employer giving her leave when required.

10. Payslips from her employment plus copies.

11. Proof of ownership of condos to help in proving a valid reason to return

12. Letter from my uncle giving us permission to live at his house.

13. Letter from the Halifax proving my Uncle is the owner.

14. Copy of his Photo page from UK Passport proving British Citizen.

15. My Passport plus copy.

16. Itinerary

17. Cashiers cheque for 3952baht payable to the British Embassy Bangkok.

She did include her bank books to prove she had enough for the holiday.

For your sons you will have to register the births at the Embassy and get passports this will cost over 10000 each if memory serves me correct.

Visa application and turnaround times can be up to 3 weeks, my wife's was about 10 working days.

Some Embassies like the Swiss Embassy use a ball park figure of about 100CHF per day, around 3300 baht per day, but that might be a bit excessive if you have accommodation already.

Edited by beano2274

I am not sure that registration at the Embassy is required, after reading through the pages myself. Which would then save money.

After adding the above I found this hidden away:

If the child was : Born outside the UK

You must include:

• The child's travel document (if applicable); AND
  • The child's original registration certificate from the Home Office; OR
  • The child's original consular birth certificate; OR
  • The child’s full foreign birth certificate and the mother’s original UK long version birth certificate or original naturalisation/registration certificate; or the father’s original UK long version birth certificate or original naturalisation/registration certificate, and if the father only was a British Citizen at the time of the child’s birth and not the mother and the child was born before 1 July 2006 the parents’ marriage certificate must be provided – if the child was born after 30 June 2006 the father’s details must appear on the child’s birth certificate; AND
  • Original Deed Poll/Statutory Declaration if the child’s name has been changed since birth, together with 3 original forms of identification in the child’s new name; AND
  • Copy of parents' passports.

Edited by beano2274

Visitors don't need to have a sponsor in the UK; although in this case you will be your wife's sponsor.

You will need, though, evidence that you all will be adequately accommodated whilst in the UK and if staying in a private household then whoever is providing the accommodation, i.e. your parents, should write a letter of invitation and show that there is room for you all.

There is no set minimum amount of money required for a visitor; how much you need depends on how long you will be in the UK for, where you will be staying, what you will be doing etc.

You may find UK visit Visa Basics helpful.

Provided you are British otherwise than by descent, e.g. British because you were born in the UK and at least one of your parents was British or legally settled in the UK at the time of your birth, then you sons are British too and so can obtain British passports.

See the first part of British Citizenship Details.

Being born in Thailand to a Thai mother they are, of course, also Thai. So they should get Thai passports as well. They then use their Thai passports to leave and enter Thailand and their British passports to leave and enter the UK.

I am not sure that registration at the Embassy is required, after reading through the pages myself.

From your link

There is no requirement for a consular birth registration to be done for any birth that has occurred overseas. The original birth certificate issued by the authorities in the country in which the birth took place, along with a notarised translation if necessary, is sufficient for all purposes in the UK (including passport applications).

Visitors don't need to have a sponsor in the UK; although in this case you will be your wife's sponsor.

You will need, though, evidence that you all will be adequately accommodated whilst in the UK and if staying in a private household then whoever is providing the accommodation, i.e. your parents, should write a letter of invitation and show that there is room for you all.

There is no set minimum amount of money required for a visitor; how much you need depends on how long you will be in the UK for, where you will be staying, what you will be doing etc.

You may find UK visit Visa Basics helpful.

Provided you are British otherwise than by descent, e.g. British because you were born in the UK and at least one of your parents was British or legally settled in the UK at the time of your birth, then you sons are British too and so can obtain British passports.

See the first part of British Citizenship Details.

Being born in Thailand to a Thai mother they are, of course, also Thai. So they should get Thai passports as well. They then use their Thai passports to leave and enter Thailand and their British passports to leave and enter the UK.

sound advice,my daughter has a british passport,as does the wife,certainly,get the kids one each,save a lot of hassle in the future.

I have dual nationality for my child , with a Thai birth certificate and a registration of birth certificate from the British embassy. But you don’t have to get any passports until needed.

True, but while a Thai passport application takes a matter of a few days, a British one takes longer.

Better, in my opinion, to get one now rather than wait until it's needed nd risk it not arriving in time.

But it's a personal choice.