Suspect Sought In Brutal Slaying: Nonthaburi

webfact

Suspect sought in brutal slaying

The Nation

NONTHABURI: -- Police are searching for a young man suspected of brutally killing his girlfriend during the New Year celebration.

Monitoring of mobile-phone calls by the suspect, Pairoj Nantatanti, 22, showed that he last used the device in Ratchaburi. An informed source said Pairoj had many friends, and it was possible one of them had helped him flee to Cambodia.

"One of his close friends has lived in that country," the source said.

Police believe Pairoj fatally attacked his girlfriend out of jealousy, as she was attractive and drew the attention of many men.

The victim's body was found inside her own condominium in Nonthaburi on Thursday. Police said she had sustained multiple stab wounds and some parts of her body were burned. It was believed that she had been killed two days earlier.

ARREST WARRANT

Nonthaburi police chief Maj-General Tanayut Wuttijarasthamrong said yesterday that in the presence of solid evidence, the court had approved an arrest warrant for Pairoj.

He warned Pairoj's friends and relatives against hiding the suspect.

"Giving shelter to a wanted man is a legal offence," he said.

Tanayut said the crime was shocking and had received much public attention. He said police were trying to track Pairoj down.

Police have interrogated six witnesses including a security guard at the condominium. The investigation revealed that the victim and her boyfriend often quarrelled. Pairoj was described as violent and aggressive.

The victim's younger brother hoped Pairoj would be brought to justice.

A funeral will be held for the victim in Pattani and the cremation ceremony will take place on Tuesday.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-01-05

Police have interrogated six witnesses including a security guard at the condominium. The investigation revealed that the victim and her boyfriend often quarrelled. Pairoj was described as violent and aggressive.

Surely this should be interviewed not interrogated......... thumb screws for a security guard doing his job might be a bit harsh or maybe they waterboarded him....

• Like 1

Condolences to the girl's family. It is definitely an illustration of jealous rage. It's like a narcotic or alcohol. One loses the sense of reality. I don't see why this case should be prosecuted anymore aggressively than the hit and run cop killing four months ago. Warrants are issued in both cases, but not pursued in the case of the Ferrari cop killer. Why police would "ignore" this case of a hit and run of one of their own is mystifying. Not only the hit and run but the bribery and obstruction of justice by another senior police officer.

• Like 2

My knowledge towards the geography of Thailand is sometimes lacking, but if one resided in Nonthaburi & wished to abscond over the Cambodian border, wouldn't one head East, not wasting time by talking the scenic route via Ratchaburi which is West ??

Just curious...

My knowledge towards the geography of Thailand is sometimes lacking, but if one resided in Nonthaburi & wished to abscond over the Cambodian border, wouldn't one head East, not wasting time by talking the scenic route via Ratchaburi which is West ??

Just curious...

Maybe he wanted the scenic route
  • Like 1

Aggressive, violent and pathologically jealous men who can't handle an attractive girlfriend should stick to an ugly one.

Abusers find plenty of their own 'reasons' to cause harm, regardless of their targets' appearance.

• Like 1

"Giving shelter to a wanted man is a legal offence," he said.

I'm no Susan Raffo but I think there is something wrong in this sentence!

Nope, i don't get this one - what exactly is wrong with the sentence ? Is it the phrase 'Legal offence' ? Nope - just means an offence in/against the law. So what is it...?

Narcissistic personality disorder

like most th girls,will drive any guy insane,

Usually only 1% suffer from that according to the link.

I'd say it's almost 50% of girls who are a +7/10 over here. To be fair though, they are more easily house trained than their western counterparts.

"House trained." Therein lies a huge part of the problem . . . This innate need to control a woman from which insecure guys seem to suffer.

kecebk.jpg

Report in the today's Manager and Thairath police have arrested the 22-year-old suspect, 'Bank', in Chiang Mai's Mae Ai district near the Burmese border. He'd shaved his head and was disguised as a monk, planning to leave the country.

http://manager.co.th...D=9560000002240

http://www.thairath.co.th/content/region/318528

Edited by katana