Just A Thought , Pizza

N47HAN

Evolution Capital obtained the rights to manage Domino's Pizza in Thailand for 10 years, with an option to renew for a further decade.

The first Domino's restaurant opened on New Year's Eve on Sukhumvit Soi 22 at the same plot as the under-construction Holiday Inn.

It is the re-entry of Domino's Pizza, which first came to Thailand briefly in the mid-1990s but pulled out amid fierce competition.

Evolution Capital expects to open 75-100 Domino's stores in Thailand in the next 3-5 years, each one costing 6 million baht.

I am sure out of the 75-100 there will be one on Phuket but whether they will deliver as far north as you Nathan will be another story.

Back in the states one time, we did a taste test with about 10-12 people.

We had Dominoes, Pizza Hut, and an Italian guys smaller shop.

Pizza Hut won between us with Dominoes coming in last.

Personally, I liked the small Italian guy's pizza better.

If they (Dominoes) comes here, I wonder if they'll change the recipe and start putting sugar in it?

The best I've tasted here in Phuket is the Pizza 2000 on the 2nd pier road from Chalong (smaller one that goes to the Sandbar)

The best I've tasted here in Phuket is the Pizza 2000 on the 2nd pier road from Chalong (smaller one that goes to the Sandbar)

They drizzle olive oil onto the pizza which makes the pizza dough soggy. I thought it was nothing special, on the whole.

Pizza 2000 is also on Patak Rd. in Karon. Their garlic bread, which is more like thin naan bread, is to die for.

Ahhh.. Dominos is my favorite. Pan style. Hope they come to Phuket!

If this doesn't make your mouth water...

Pizza_zpsde2242fd.jpg

Medina Sai Yuan ...... Now there's something

Do you mean Modena? Good pizza but lacking in ambience. Wonder if the OP is thinking about being the franchisee for Phuket.

Eating a modena pie now, and it looks like they are set up for takeaway. I am finding that modena puts a bit more topping on their pies than my normal pizza place, M and M's.

talking to Franco at Modena , if he does not resolve his never ending staff issues he is done with Phuket .... shame because he is the real deal , its all he has done,make Pizzas both in his home country Italy and for quite a while in Subiaco Perth.....

talking to Franco at Modena , if he does not resolve his never ending staff issues he is done with Phuket .... shame because he is the real deal , its all he has done,make Pizzas both in his home country Italy and for quite a while in Subiaco Perth.....

I've known Franco for years. I like his pizza. But he isn't very good with his staff, so they quit.

I've known Franco for years. I like his pizza. But he isn't very good with his staff, so they quit.

i dont know about that ...more a communication and trust issue , he has been ripped off by his staff many times ... the problem is thais are lazy and dont like to get told what to do ... supply and demand at the moment ..too many jobs and not enough staff ,so they walk at the first sign of conflict ....

i dont know about that ...more a communication and trust issue , he has been ripped off by his staff many times ... the problem is thais are lazy and dont like to get told what to do ... supply and demand at the moment ..too many jobs and not enough staff ,so they walk at the first sign of conflict ....

True... But one of his last staff was there almost a year. Before that his GF worked with him, then she left... I've heard some of their side of the story too. I know other employers that seem to keep their staff for years... But working with Thais when you're trying to run a business would surely drive me crazy! I would really miss him if he left! He's quite a character.

Getting ripped off by a lazy staff that would jump ship when there is a little conflict is the common in Phuket. You can forget about loyalty as it will never exist for a farang business owner. The thoughts are, there is no tomorrow we have to get what we can today and not think of tomorrow.

Getting ripped off by a lazy staff that would jump ship when there is a little conflict is the common in Phuket. You can forget about loyalty as it will never exist for a farang business owner. The thoughts are, there is no tomorrow we have to get what we can today and not think of tomorrow.

You would know best Don!