Does Farang Have Not Right To File Charges To Thaipolice?

kaffeburk

And of course 1iphone, 1 laptop, 1 motorbike that i did give her and 2000 shoes (i bought to us for open a shoshop), and a wagon for moving the shop to different markets. She did also steal 1 computer from her own children that i gave them,, lol.

Hoe can she steal things you gave her?

I don't regard them as stolen, but I think that those things should have been enough.

you did just before:

She did also steal 1 computer from her own children that i gave them,,

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should lower your expectations, it is 'domestic' even if she is an ex girlfriend from a year ago.

If you do not have a policeman who likes you or considers you important somehow, then you won't be able to get around this.

As soon as you mentioned "girlfriend" anything you report however vaguely relevant will be seen through the eyes of "domestic" and therefore you should expect very little legal action from the police. Completely forget about her being arrested or her house raided for your property etc etc..

You should not try to buck against this Thai way. You should play along- meet with her, with a policeman at the station, bring a senior member of your own family or parent, or work senior Thai, ask her to bring her parent or similar, be polite, speak calmly, and work out an agreement and expect it will be a compromise and you will have to give some of your stuff or money to her in order to get the most of it back.

Or, sit down at a bar, laugh at the situation, and feel lucky you only ever saw her wave that knife.

Its not easy. I did read about a farang who got 3 month in prison for stealing something for 30 baht. I lost for more than 300 000 and i have to be nice to the psychopathic bitch? I have also been blackmailed, threatened in all imaginative ways and one night after one more session with the knife i took my laptop and drove to Bangkok and crashed after 25 kilometers. Blood in the lung, 7 ribs cracked, shoulder and arm very damaged. That's when she took all my stuff the first time. I played nice so she took most back. I was not in shape for any jail-break but I got her to go to Isan and see her small babies. The who bigger girls that stayed in our house was then turned into guards, and even slept outside my room so I could not get away in the night. I did contact my old girlfriend who i have a baby with, and she got one friend to come and get me out. I could not carry so much with one hand and so many cracked ribbs so i needed help. Her own children was very helpful and wanted me to take more of my stuff than i did. She punished them later by sending them away to Isan and took the computer i gave them. They did not raise the alarm by calling her so she could call for "help" to stop my escape.

I think you have bigger problems then some 'stolen' stuff. Not all buying its all stolen.. You have already posted that you are trying to get back stuff which you gave away.

Might be time to pack up and go home.

No, maybe my English is bad but what I have given her is hers. I posted that just to show how much she already had from me. Its the stuff like the merchandise, the beds, the washingmachine and so on i want to split. In my country it is illegal to move anything that is not clearly your own property from the house before an agreement is reached.

I wouldn't let it go, It's cases like this that word gets around that farangs are easy pickings. Stand your ground. Go to the police again and insist filing a report for the stolen bike. Whether it is a domestic or not is irrelevant. The bike was stolen from you.

Perhaps offer something to the BIB to get it back. I'd rather pay them to get the bike than let the bitch have everything her own way.

People that just say to let it all go are just making things worse as word spreads easily for Thais to think they can do what they want and when they want. Time to make a stand.

you did just before:

Yes, and she should return the computer to the owner. In this case her own children, not to me.

As you are not in a relationship with her, you have nothing to say about her actions towards her children.

You've identified her yourself as a sociopath and yet you still expect her thoughts and actions to be non-sociopathic. Why?

I don't expect, but I would be very happy if she did and perhaps quit being a sociopath smile.png It probably have something to do with me being christian.

you did just before:

Yes, and she should return the computer to the owner. In this case her own children, not to me.

As you are not in a relationship with her, you have nothing to say about her actions towards her children.

Legally she can do as she wants with her children's property (and obviously with mine to). But I do have an opinion about it, One of the children is adopted by her, and the other is the "girlfriend" (yes, tom and dee). I did have more than one tear in my eye when i had to leave them. If it was not for them I would have left her much sooner.

And of course 1iphone, 1 laptop, 1 motorbike that i did give her and 2000 shoes (i bought to us for open a shoshop), and a wagon for moving the shop to different markets. She did also steal 1 computer from her own children that i gave them,, lol.

Hoe can she steal things you gave her?

I think I already have answered that question once. Well again, she cant, its her property. I only listed it to show how much she had before she started stealing my property and/or our common property.

Take a lawyer to the police station with you.

That is one of the options I do consider. I'm a bit better after the accident now so I could manage the trip. Another option I have consider is to write to the chief of the police and ask why I don't have the right to report this theft. One of the items stolen was a letter from the Princess of Thailand to my Father - and that perhaps does carry some weight?

do like bronco says

Its a bit to late. I have a new and nice girlfriend already I did find some checklist of psychopathy on internet. She had like 40 of 40 on that test. The advice i did find on the web, about what to do if you find out that you have a relationship with a psychopath is simple - "RUN". Maybe I sound naive and as an easy victim for a clever girl but I don't think its that simple. The edge that psychopaths have over us a bit more normal people is their complete lack of conciseness, when they act like that they thrives (i guess that's the English word) and feel superior. They get a kick out of doing things you and me hopefully are not capable of doing.

Whats the name of that site for the test?

Sorry, i have not to read this whole thread but maybe the police want to broker some deal between you so they can also get a benefit. I know the police are very lazy to write report for the farang if they think its just something trivial that will go away tomorrow

Also they hate paperwork, listening to your long story and everything a very long process for them when they rather just sit down and drink some whiskey. Also if they have to write anything in English you can forget about that.

In the case like this maybe its better not to mention a Thai person? If you do say you suspect a farang might have stole it maybe you have a better chance to get it back eventuallywhistling.gif

do like bronco says

Its a bit to late. I have a new and nice girlfriend already I did find some checklist of psychopathy on internet. She had like 40 of 40 on that test. The advice i did find on the web, about what to do if you find out that you have a relationship with a psychopath is simple - "RUN". Maybe I sound naive and as an easy victim for a clever girl but I don't think its that simple. The edge that psychopaths have over us a bit more normal people is their complete lack of conciseness, when they act like that they thrives (i guess that's the English word) and feel superior. They get a kick out of doing things you and me hopefully are not capable of doing.

w00t.gif

do like bronco says

Whats the name of that site for the test?

I think it was this one: http://www.daniweb.com/community-center/geeks-lounge/threads/78319/hare-psychopathy-checklist#

Only the points i lack knowledge of is those i cant give her full score on. But take number 16 for example, when she arrives at the hospital and finds me in very serious condition she is angry as hell on me for a small cut she have over her eye that she got when i wrestled the knife away from her and trowed into the bushes. She just returned with a scissor and started again. That her behavior caused me to try to get to Bangkok 5 a clock in the morning and almost resulted in my death did not trouble her one second.

I'm sorry for you about your situation, but from what I've read in your post any man who can set up home with a woman whi sounds to me as bordering on a proper Psycho, needs his head examining too.

Appologies for saying it as I see it.

I'm sorry for you about your situation, but from what I've read in your post any man who can set up home with a woman whi sounds to me as bordering on a proper Psycho, needs his head examining too.

No apologies required. Now when i'm out of it I ask myself the same thing. The only answer I have is that I got gradually numbed. The perception of what is "normal" did slowly change to something far from normal. It will take some time for me to adjust back into a normal life, Nobody is taking out numbers from my phone anymore, like numbers to my lawyer, exgirlfriend, landlord and so on.

If my old Girldfriend calls and need help because our daughter is in hospital, I will get informed, In the same time as I was hospitalized, so was my 5 year old daughter for salmonella. Perhaps she have less defense for this because of her fathers genetics. I was never informed of this, the "lady" only told the mother of my Baby that she would never get one baht out of me and then something about the "root of her XXXX" that i never really understood. First after i got out of hospital did I find out what had happened. That was the final nail in her coffin (can You say that in English?).

Edited by metisdead
: 3) Not to post in a manner that is vulgar, obscene or profane.

Best advice so far. The police can't fob the lawyer off and neither can your ex girlfriend.

I do agree. Does anyone know if my lawyer or perhaps a private detective can make a part of the investigation? I do believe I can produce witness for the whole chain of event. I do also understand as someone said that I need to be considered important in order to get the police to help me and I do think I know the way to be considered just that.

As the OP was living with his girlfriend and sharing the home contents at the time, than most of this is a case for the civil courts and not a criminal offence.

The OP has to hire the services of a reputable lawyer and take it via the civil court.

But I would say that the stolen motorbike, if registered to the OP is a police matter. Just appears that the police are not interest and not doing their job on this part. Again, it probably requires a lawyer in order to jump-start the police into retrieving the return of the motorbike.

Personally, I would not bother and would write this off to experience, but if the OP still has some feelings for his girlfriend, than good luck to all who sail in her.

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 1

Best advice so far. The police can't fob the lawyer off and neither can your ex girlfriend.

I do agree. Does anyone know if my lawyer or perhaps a private detective can make a part of the investigation? I do believe I can produce witness for the whole chain of event. I do also understand as someone said that I need to be considered important in order to get the police to help me and I do think I know the way to be considered just that.

You're angry........you don't need a private detective. Write down in bullet points exactly what is annoying you and what you would say to the lawyer. Then go to sleep.

Wake up the next morning and score off the petty stuff.......go back to it again and again until you get to the bottom line. As far as I can see the bottom line is get your motorbike back, the letter from the Princess as you have an emotional attachment to it, and the computer would be good too. If you manage all that then happy days and then take the advice from everyone else here and write the rest of it off.

Although some of the advice and comments your getting here are a bit rough and straight to the point, you need to remember that most, if not all, of we members here could recount you stories of relationships going wrong, badly wrong in some cases. The trick is to get the anger out of your system as soon as possible and don't do anything stupid.

Hand the bit of paper to the lawyer and let him sort it out, you'll be the winner at the end of this, if only by getting rid of her once and for all.

• Like 1

The advice you have been given (when you sift out the 'organic detritus') is pretty sound. FWIW, I have very similar problems in the home country, and after long discussions with my family, I have ended up doing pretty well what theblether has suggested to you. Having got some of the anger out of my system, I looked at my list of "grievances" and decimeted it, as it would make me look a total tool. Go only for what is realistic and achievable. Take the rest on the chin. Now, I have almost finished rebuilding my life and it feels so good. That anger only hurts you, not your ex, so shake it off as soon as you can and move on.

I wish you well.

• Like 1