Practical Guidebooks On Company Bookkeeping

Hi,

I know there are quite a few guys out there, who once were where I am now. A newborn Thai co., ltd. owner and business newbie.

In your quest for figuring out how to keep your books properly "to the books", did you stumble over some online docs or hardcopy books, that helped you out? If you did - would you mind sharing the needed information to look it up?

I'll hire an accountant (at least the first year) to ascertain that my monthly/halfyearly/yearly submissions comply with requirements, and I'm sure he/she will advice me on keeping my books as to make the job easier for her/him. So I'm not looking for literature with plentiful of references to obscure laws - I'm more looking for down-to-earth, practical guidance on the very basics on how to keep books to satisfy Revenue Department, VAT Department and whatever department, that might come around to check my books.

Alternatively, I'd very much appreciate some hints on these particular items:

- Depreciation of fixtures/equipment. How do you book this. Is there some fixed pct of initial cost you book as an expense every month/every half-year/every year - or what?

- VAT on services. Exactly what services are you supposed to pay VAT for?

Any hint, suggestion, advice, info will be very velcomed.