One For The Foodies: Food For You

Rasseru

In an article in a seven year old edition of Food & Wine magazine, I found this entry:

'Food for You (28 Moo 5, Chiang Mai–Doi Saket Rd., Sansai; 011-39-66-53-491-604), a modest family home open only Friday, Saturday and Sunday. 29-year-old head chef Prapatfforn Chalernvattananord works alongside his mother in the kitchen. We had an outstanding dinner of piquant seafood curries and fragrant soups spiked with acacia, a slightly bitter herb.'

Does anyone know if Food for You still exists? And if it does not, whether the same chef has another restaurant? And if so, its name and location?

I did a search and found an article on chiangmaicitynews dated May 11, 2012. They published this phone number: 0815304386 and this address: 28 Moo 5 T. Santamet, A. Sansai, Chiang Mai 50210 (you can call for further directions. Other info - chef from BKK. 1-2 course meal for 1 person approximately 300-700 baht depending what you order. Specials - crispy duck w/honey sauce and Praa Salmon. If you try it out, let us know how it is....

• Like 2

Believe it still exists as the sign was still up a few weeks ago. Went there once three or four years ago and it was good. Have to book in advance as they only have a few tables and I think get food in/prepare it as necessary. Possibly only open on certain nights each week. I think the chef has worked abroad in hotels etc. Had a good caesar salad and my friend thought the fish was great.

• Like 1

Thank you very much, just_Elaine and taotoo! I am inspired by your comments to follow up. The first step of which I think I might best be for me to ask a Thai friend to make a telephone inquiry for me. If they are indeed still in operation and I am able to go, I shall report on the experience. :)

Thanks again, taotoo. For the curious, I was able to reach Food for You and confirm it is still open. It is now open six days a week, closed only on Mondays. Reservations are still needed. He prefers that people use the mobile phone number instead of the landline, but both numbers above work. I will be making a reservation and trying the place, probably in the near future.

• Like 2