Strong Tea Bags - Where To Find Some?

laban

Anyone know where one can find good strong tea bags for a good cuppa - Yorkshire tea I find best, but unavailable in Thailand. I have tried the Dilmah English breakfast and PG tips which are a poor comparison, never mind the Lipton tea which is undrinkable.

Appreciate advice - thanks in advance

I did an earlier search on the subject on Thaivisa but nothing came up. When I did the same search on Google, a thread on the subject came up.

Anyway, it looks like can't find Yorkshire tea in LOS. A couple beers or glass of vino recompense if anyone can bring me a box from anywhere.

Always considered my own taste in tea to be of the strong variety, and totally agree on the uselessness of Lipton, but always found PG Tips perfectly strong enough. Actually last week at Tops i thought i'd give the Waitrose own tea bag a go and found it very good - and half the price of PG. Anyway, if PG isn't strong enough for you, neither will Waitrose tea be. Good luck.

I found Twinnings English breakfast to be acceptable. If you really want yorkshire tea then bring a 2.5Kg bag of two cup bags back when you next visit UK, Or try one of the shopping websites that deliver overseas from UK (postage is high though).

Just found the first acceptable tea on sale in 7 years of looking...Tesco's Finest Fairtrade Teabags.

I usually bring or have brought over from UK : Twinnings Assam.

Never seen it (Tesco's Finest) here before so maybe a new product in Tesco. Why they haven't sorted out the tea supply is beyond me, but this is an acceptable cup of tea, so hope it fits the bill for you.

Cheers PP

• Like 1

Not sure if M&S is worth a shot. I had a client send me two large boxes of M&S Extra Strong teabags from Hong Kong recently - that was a nice surprise and they were decent tea bags. I haven't looked in Bangkok M&S but might be owrth a look, but I have bought them before in Hong Kong. It's always one of the main items that I bring back from my travels. I am sat here drinking a cup of Yorkshire Tea at this moment.

Use to find Yorkshire Tea on Samui, but sadly no more!!!

I have found the best for a good strong tea is TATA tea... Makro .... usually has, (bright green bag)

Only thing it is loose tea...w00t.gif .... but easy enough to get a "sock" Makro sells those too, with wire handle.... just use enough tea and brew to your taste thumbsup.gif

Actually not hard to go back to the old fashion way of doing things!... whistling.gif

Anyone know where one can find good strong tea bags for a good cuppa

Have you tried using two bags or less water?

Or why not use loose tea? There are reusable metal infusers (picture below) that you can use with loose tea to make your own tea bags ... sort of ... as strong as you like.

There are "Whittards of Chelsea" shops at Central World or Siam Center that sell excellent strong teas. I usually get Assam or Kenyan, but they still require a couple of teaspoons per large mug. I think they also sell bagged tea, but you'll probably need a couple of bags for a large mug and you'll have to let it steep a long time.

A close alternative is Teekanne Finest Assam. I buy it at Friendship in Pattaya, but it's probably available in grocery stores in Bangkok that cater to western buyers.

post-145917-0-85240200-1358049880_thumb.

I know it's not any help in Thailand, but Park 'n' Shop in Hong Kong have Yorkshire tea, and I've even found Yorkshire Gold in my local one (Hopewell Centre) occasionally. When I'm in BKK, I get PG Tips if I run-out, and forget to bring Yorkshire Gold back.

I found a fairly strong tea at Mark and Spenser which is usually located in any Central Department store. Another one I found is Batik Ceylon tea which is not as strong but a fairly good tea. If you can locate Wittards tea in Bangkok, it is also a good strong tea.

I wouldn't recommend Twinnings tea of any flavor. I have never found the Twinnings sold in Bangkok to be a good tea.

As a confirmed tea addict myself, I can confirm after much research that the best source of good strong tea in Bangkok is Marks & Spencer. You can find them in most Central Department stores. They sell three different blends, but the one I use is the 'Extra Strong' blend. If you like a good strong mug of real English tea, you won't be disappointed.

As a confirmed tea addict myself, I can confirm after much research that the best source of good strong tea in Bangkok is Marks & Spencer. You can find them in most Central Department stores. They sell three different blends, but the one I use is the 'Extra Strong' blend. If you like a good strong mug of real English tea, you won't be disappointed.

Thanks for confirming that, I will stock up on my next visit to BKK. The Extra Strong Blend is a good cuppa.