Crosstrainers

SidJames

Folks,

Does anyone know where I can buy a decent crosstrainer (that's not an irate gym teacher) around town?

I've checked out Big C & Tesco but theirs were a bit lightweigth & felt cheap. The shop on the corner of Suk & Pattaya Nua has a couple of decent machines but their prices are very prohibitive.

I don't want to use gyms as I'm moving out of town & want convenience plus I can't jog or use a treadmill as the old joints won't take it anymore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliptical_trainer

SJ

There's a Life Fitness distributor on Sukhumvit at the intersection with Chaiyapruek. I'm guessing the domestic quality elliptical machines cost 150k or more (going on US prices). The commercial quality would be over 300k.

We can always dream....smile.png I'd love the Cybex Arc Trainer but I can't afford one.sad.png

I think it would be hard to use a cheap domestic machine after spending so many hours on a top quality machine at the gym.

There's a Life Fitness distributor on Sukhumvit at the intersection with Chaiyapruek. I'm guessing the domestic quality elliptical machines cost 150k or more (going on US prices). The commercial quality would be over 300k.

We can always dream....smile.png I'd love the Cybex Arc Trainer but I can't afford one.sad.png

I think it would be hard to use a cheap domestic machine after spending so many hours on a top quality machine at the gym.

300k...that's like 25 years of my Fairtex membership...think I'll stick with Fairtex!

Marathon sports on Sukhumvit. Go up north towards Suk, turn leftup about 200m (ish) on the other side (southbound side). They have a range of reasonably priced, good quality home products and more expensive professional gym stuff.

Marathon sports on Sukhumvit. Go up north towards Suk, turn leftup about 200m (ish) on the other side (southbound side).

Can anyone translate these directions into something coherent...I'm still trying to figure how one goes north and then somehow finds Sukhumvit, when Suk basically runs north-south? Were these directions generated by Apple Maps?

Marathon sports on Sukhumvit. Go up north towards Suk, turn leftup about 200m (ish) on the other side (southbound side). They have a range of reasonably priced, good quality home products and more expensive professional gym stuff.

Agree they have some good products but still expensive - around the 30k mark

I stopped by a small shop on the small "cutoff" road between Suk and Pattaya Tai (South). If heading towards Bangkok, take the cutoff to Pattaya Tai. It's right on the corner. Can't remember the name, but these machines were around 12-15k or so.

I think SuperSports in Central mall has some also.

But you are right, you'll get a better selection and price in Bangkok.

P.S. I believe I saw a shop on Suk at the corner of North Pattaya Road also.

Marathon sports on Sukhumvit. Go up north towards Suk, turn leftup about 200m (ish) on the other side (southbound side).

Can anyone translate these directions into something coherent...I'm still trying to figure how one goes north and then somehow finds Sukhumvit, when Suk basically runs north-south? Were these directions generated by Apple Maps?

Head up Pattaya North road until you encounter the Sukhumvit. At that point you will be standing on the side of the northbound carriageway. If you were to head left (north) for about 200 m and then be able to cross to the southbound carriageway (without getting killed) you would be standing roughly in from of the Marathon sports building .

Elementary my dear Watson !

• Like 1

When you walk in the front of Central Mall from the Beach Rd. side, there is a shoe store on the left near the elevator.

The shoes aren't cheap, but they are real and won't fall apart. I know it's tempting, but don't "cheap out", get a good pair of shoes that will last.

Take if from someone who has been there done that.