Stray Puppies What To Do ?

I am now living in Thailand and have been here since July 2012. I am 30yo and have settled in well. I am living in a condo in south pattaya. I recently was on a trip to repair my girlfriend clothes and went down a soi in pattaya. This soi is near lk residence and noticed many dogs. I immediately began to start feeding them. I would say now I feed 11 dogs on the soi. I am more than happy to do this. I give them 10 can of chicken dog food big c brand and sometimes cook them chicken or meat in large qualities. Now there is a mum dog and a husband dog at first they were very scared. However I tried to throw them food but other dogs would eat there food. Then one day I went into a field and found out where they live. Under all old wood and I saw 6 beautiful puppies. I felt sick to my stomach and upset that they would most probably die if I don’t feed them, I don’t know if there is a shelter or whether I should rent a huge house and start adopting the dogs but its such a long term commitment, My only problem is my times is running out where the little pups. Where they stay there are going to use the wood to build a development site so I feel obligated to do something.

In that time I witnessed the terrible actions of some thai men hurting these dogs. I saw one man chase the father dog on his motorbike and the next day I saw him he has a broken leg.

I was devastated that I didn’t intervene and was so angry. Then I got angry people at a nearby hotel telling me don’t feed the dogs ? I feel like shit. Any advice on what to do as it really makes me upset.

Tomorow i will taker a picture of the puppies.

Had one puppy turn up outside my front door. I gave it some water and a little food as it was all skin and bones. That evening when I returned home there were two puppies there! To cut a long story short. within 6 days I had 6 puppies living in my garden. I have no idea where they came from but they seemed to like it there. One of the puppies would not eat and only slept. I think it was very sick.

My landlord complained that the residents should not feed the puppies otherwise we would end up with lots of Soi Dogs. The next day all the puppies had gone. No idea what happened to them but I think the landlord got one of his Thai workers to round them all up and take them away.

In a way I was relieved because the landlord was right. We would have ended up with a load of dogs on our estate but I did not have the heart to get rid of them myself.

Chris