Tonys Gym Monthly Membership

2008bangkok

Thanks, i looked at that but only shows prices for the fitness centre and at 3500 per month i assume thats not for the basic gym

In actual fact all of Tony's gyms are basic gyms.

I'm guessing the daily fee for those small satillite gyms are only about 60 baht. Better you try a few workouts first before you commit for a month. If you're only training about 3 times a week, better just to stay casual.

Edited by tropo

there is a life time membership promotion,one day only on Wedn. 14,000baht I believe

Yeah, one day tomorrow for 14,990 baht. I didn't get my 10 baht change when I took this "one day only" membership deal in August.biggrin.png. If he has too many of these "one day only" deals he may lose out because people will start waiting for the special deals.

I hope he doesn't get too many takers so it doesn't get too crowded.

Edited by tropo

I think Tony is making a killing on these life time memberships, since probably a majority of users, either give up on work outs, or leave the country, or die, so no need to worry about over crowding. And if there is an over crowing problem, then you will stop going, and that will solve the problem. Most people find out that, working out in the pub, is much easier!

• Like 2

I think the Tony's on Soi Khaotalo is 1200 per month and 60 per day. Didn't know there was one in Soi Country Club but it will probably be about the same.

Don't know how I came over all bold.

Edited by Rimmer
Bold fonts removed

To many of these lifetime memberships and it will go the way of Cal Wow, obviosuly struggling with cash if they need to get cash injection by doing these days

Probably not. I don't think he pays rent and his overheads are very low (compared to California Wow). I know his staff don't get paid much.

I would guess that most of his equipment is gear purchased very cheap from other gyms around Thailand that went broke. There's some really good stuff mixed together with absolute junk.

Edited by tropo

I think the Tony's on Soi Khaotalo is 1200 per month and 60 per day. Didn't know there was one in Soi Country Club but it will probably be about the same.

Don't know how I came over all bold.

Which is a crazy price for an open air gym. If you live in that area just head down the road a bit to Castra Gym which is a much better gym and charges 1000 per month.

I think Tony is making a killing on these life time memberships,

He's doing ok. He signed up over 300 yesterday. Add that to over 200 on August 4. I'm surprised he signed up more than in August when California Wow had just closed.

• 3 weeks later...

Castra Gym about 2km from Sukhumvit on Soi Katalo is only 1000 per month. It's a much better gym and air conditioned (moderately - not cold). The daily rate is 100 baht, but compared to that Tony's Gym for 69 per day it's a bargain.

• 2 weeks later...

Credit where credit is due, Tony Gym has had a price restructure and it is now 900 baht for both Thai and Farang and 1200 for 3 months, nice one smile.png

On paper. I doubt they'll be paying those prices.

Edited by tropo