400,000 People In Risky Groups To Get Flu Jabs: Thailand

webfact

400,000 to get flu jabs

Duangkamon Sajirawattanakul,

Nongnaphat Maipanit,

The Nation

30197921-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Public Health Ministry is preparing to vaccinate 400,000 people in risky groups against the strain of influenza that has recently spread widely in certain parts of United States.

"We will vaccinate about 100,000 people this month," Public Health Minister Pradit Sinthawanarong said yesterday. He explained that up to 400,000 people should be vaccinated by March, especially those in the high-risk group such as pregnant women, people with chronic diseases and medical workers.

Pradit said the vaccination would be able to deal with flu strains of the H3N2 type, which is not as virulent as the H1N1 bird flu.

"We also have medication to deal with the H3N2 strain that has now spread in the US," she said, adding that it would take time for this strain to reach Thai soil. "The influenza strain will possibly be here in the middle of the year," he said, adding that at the most, about 20,000 to 30,000 Thais will be affected.

According to Pradit, 28,747 people in the United States' northeastern zone had come down with this strain of flu between September 30 and January 5, of whom 20 have succumbed.

In Thailand, influenza hit 61,296 people and killed three last year.

Chulalongkorn University's virologist Yong Poovorawan said he supported the vaccination plan, but added that in order to prevent an epidemic, more than 50 per cent of the population would have to be vaccinated.

Meanwhile, Thai Airways International has already asked its cabin crew to monitor all passengers heading to Bangkok from Los Angeles to see if they might have any flu symptoms. "The situation, so far, is not worrying because the flu has not spread throughout the US," THAI president Sorachak Kasemsuwan said yesterday.

However, he said, the airline would consult the Disease Control Department to determine what further actions should be taken.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-01-15

Thais told not to panic about flu epidemic in US

BANGKOK, 15 January 2013 (NNT) - The Public Health Minister has told Thai residents not to panic over the flu epidemic in the US as the situation is now under control and the virus found is not a new type.

Public Health Minister Pradit Sinthawanarong said most of the cases reported in the American nation are influenza H3N2, which is a seasonal flu, not a new strain and does not mutate.

The minister, nonetheless, advised people to eat hot food and wash their hands frequently to prevent infection. Dr Pradit said the number of influenza patients this year has a tendency to rise but doctors have found fewer cases of patients with the H3N2 strain, which has been spreading in the US.

Travelers going in and out of Thailand and the US may continue to do so as usual. Those who are going to risk areas in the US should get flu shots at the Disease Control Department. People who have recently returned from America are advised to check themselves if they have any flu symptoms.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2013-01-15 footer_n.gif

Flu shots don't save you from the flu, but you will receive a nice shot with mercury - nice eh?

Of the hundreds of flu viruses in the wild, and they are mutating all the time. The flu shot covers only a couple of strains.

This is just a money maker for BigPharma and the medical industry.

They do not create cures - they create customers!!

• Like 2

Flu shots don't save you from the flu, but you will receive a nice shot with mercury - nice eh?Of the hundreds of flu viruses in the wild, and they are mutating all the time. The flu shot covers only a couple of strains.This is just a money maker for BigPharma and the medical industry.They do not create cures - they create customers!!

Careful, my friend. You just may be labeled as a conspiracy theorist, just like myself and Jesse Ventura.

Didn't you know that FEMA camps don't exist, and that Big Pharma is there to protect you with their patents to stop viruses one year before they even exist?

Edited by cup-O-coffee
  • Like 2

I have to agree with a few others. I have gotten my flu shots every year and it has worked for me. There are some people that just don't like a shot, or believe in conspiricies. If you just don't like shot, they can give it to you through the nose. No needle prick. Please get it so you don't affect others.

It's probably best left to the individual. I return to the U.S. often, and get an annual flu shot - I'm getting mine tomorrow at Bumrungrad in advance of my next trip on 18 Feb. I go to Boston, MA, which has been hit hard this year. I'm not sure they're needed here but given the influx of foreign tourists it may not be a bad idea esp. for care givers?

Good luck with your flu shots then, and I mean that sincerely.

The amount of mercury they add as a preservative is really quite small and would only be a possible problem if you have lots of regular shots. Current research shows that the mercury gets turned into the inorganic state (the most dangerous) best if you have regular small doses, such as with "shots".

Do you have amalgam fillings?

Are you a fish eater?

Have a Google and do your own research and take a hard long look at how we are brainwashed.

All truth passes through three stages.

First, it is ridiculed.

Second, it is violently opposed.

Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Good luck with your flu shots then, and I mean that sincerely.

The amount of mercury they add as a preservative is really quite small and would only be a possible problem if you have lots of regular shots. Current research shows that the mercury gets turned into the inorganic state (the most dangerous) best if you have regular small doses, such as with "shots".

Do you have amalgam fillings?

Are you a fish eater?

Have a Google and do your own research and take a hard long look at how we are brainwashed.

All truth passes through three stages.

First, it is ridiculed.

Second, it is violently opposed.

Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

"Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." Yes, but in the chain of things, this is as viewing a tree and ignoring the forest around that tree.

It is self-evident that there are two sides to this, and, evidently, I believe you are overlooking this; that there are two sides here. One side (yours) is controlled by Big Money and the other side (mine) is black-listed by Big Money. Yet the truth remains that both sides consist of highly intelligent and learned men and women who know the truth. One side prostitutes itself to Big Money and the other side embraces the truth and faces the challenges that go with rejecting Big Money. They remain the silent and invisible ones to the like of you and me simply because on the whole, they have been threatened, censored, banned, sacked, slandered, libeled and diluted by highly organized and skilled disinformation groups.

Scientists, doctors and researchers are similar to politicians. They only get the credit if they get the votes; and we all know how corrupt the political campaigning agenda is with it's mudslinging and digging up pasts to smear the truth.

It seems odd that anyone backed by Big Money can do no wrong, Even after the fact that they erred, they are forgiven and the lives lost through their mistake are covered up and compensation paid out. Yet these prostitutes in lab jackets still remain at their vials and test tubes doing the will of Big Money as I speak.

And, on the other hand, those not backed by Big Money are decried as pariahs and conspiracy theorists, even though they are just as intelligent and educated as those being backed by Big Money. Big money brings all their guns to bear upon any scientist, doctor or researcher who makes even the slightest move to bring to the public eye the truths and discoveries they champion.

Big money controls the public forum. It controls government, educational institutions, law enforcement, military, the media in all its forms, and so on.

So, what does that leave for me being able to find out what the black listed camp is saying? It leaves me the only remaining thing there is without physically going to where these people are and interviewing them; the Internet.

It is difficult to quote from a website that does not have a .gov as its suffix without being called a cynic or a conspiracy theorist by ignorant people or those who are defending their personal views and who fear having their views upset by any chance of a truth that will do so.

Laislica, you can quote Big Money's researchers, doctors and scientists all day, but it will not shake loose my strong beliefs that the human population is being readied for a decrease in the near future, and it is being done by means of Big Money slowly heating up the frog soup with fabricated events which increase in the minds of the sheep population that the sky is falling in and only Big money can save them from the very things that Big Money is fabricating to bring this thinking about.

Now you can call me brainwashed, and I'll respect that. But mere words on your part do not remove any fact of what I choose to believe. Until the time that either you or I are proven correct, I'll go with my heart, and dismiss anything that Big Money tells me "is for my own good".

Edited by cup-O-coffee