Thailand's Population Of Teen Mothers Rising, Pregnancy Age Falling

webfact

Would be nice if girls remembered to take the pill. No good coming out suddenly and saying "pregnant". Have had 2 bad experiences. In 2010 a school friend who was going steady with me for 6 months. She suddenly got pregnant. I was shocked. The girl just 16 y.o. was thrilled and so were her Thai parents. It took Dad's intervention (my last resort and I was made to suffercrying.gif ) to get the girl's family to re-consider. A second time just a few months back a lady working in one of the family businesses began going out with me. She's about 15 years older than me. Almost my Mum :-) LOL. Anyway, during the weekends I stayed at her home I became friends with her 17 y.o. daughter. Before you knew it the daughter got pregnant. They were delighted, the mum included. Again it took my family intervention to get them to understand that it was not okay.

sigh.....Thai women all seem to want babies whenever things are going well.

Never a care for the right time or the future or how the bloke feels.

For me its been two very expensive involvements, and I'm not even 20 as yet.

I am really quite speechless......

I'm not!

Take some responsibility, SC!

If you're from a country where sex education is a priority, and you have benefitted from the openness in that society, use that knowledge here and stop trying to dump the responsibity for your maverick attitude toward sex on the girls you sleep with. As you mature you'll start to understand that testosterone has its downside.

DIG

As a caring Thai policeman, young men like this give me a sore head. Welcome to the world of Thai's young & rich. They chase "fresh first-time clothing" (hence the absence of condoms). They then dash off when things get difficult. Their wealthy families make sure any messes are smoothed over. I love the "Thai-farang" kids for their generous tea-money......and with some prodding I even persuade them to part with lunch & dinner money. Amazing Thailand.
  • Like 1

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a teacher I tried many times to get the Director of the school to install condom machines in the girls toilet...shock horror! "It would just encourage them" quoth he and the teachers both male and female agreed, "high school students are not allowed to have boy/girl friends and if they did good Thai children would not consider sex before marriage!" Idiots! bah.gifcoffee1.gif

It seems typical of the Thai mindset that an article like this elicits no sense of urgency or alarm. When it comes to sex between Thais, all rules and bets are off, and the whole world gets to stand by and witness their absolute, galactic stupidity and folly. Cholanan Srikaew, you are a real piece of work. You really take the prize for being a representation of the reason this issue is out of control.

This article reads like a New York Stock Exchange quote on Pork Bellies. No sense of urgency. No alarm being elicited. There is also the evident avoidance of mentioning the "waste of human life" males who father these children. No mention of these swinging peckers at all; ...just a strong focus on the girls. It's the girls fault! There is no concern about 17 year old boys having sex with 12 or 13 year old girls when the issue of "size matters" is clear. There is no mention of concerned parents. There are too many "No mentions" in this absolute retarded article. It's just another day in Thailand with some numbers and a few half-assed solutions being jotted down on the docket of "More Things to Do"; yet never get done.

I'll have to say it again. It seems typical of the Thai mindset that an article like this elicits no sense of urgency or alarm. When it comes to sex between Thais, all rules and bets are off, and the whole world gets to stand by and witness their absolute, galactic stupidity and folly. Take away all the cosmetic charade that Western and European technology has provided them, and they have plagiarized, and they are nothing but a bunch of idiots behaving like trailer-trash, inbreeding hillbillies with a lot of empty solutions and excuses in one hand and collateral damage in the other.

• Like 1

http://www.livestron...ancy-rates-usa/

Interesting in the comparative rates but, not only that, there's an advert on the same page for "Find beautiful thai woman?"

Register and start here free! jeeb.co.th, on exactly the same page as the contrasting rates!

Amazing USA, mai na?

-mel whistling.gif

Adverts on your computer appear because of your previous browsing history. If I were you I would keep quite about the advert you are seeing....

That's so, is it? I am a heterosexual woman who has NEVER looked at these dating sites (you can beleive me on that or not if you don't want) and I get the ads too...

It seems typical of the Thai mindset that an article like this elicits no sense of urgency or alarm. When it comes to sex between Thais, all rules and bets are off, and the whole world gets to stand by and witness their absolute, galactic stupidity and folly. Cholanan Srikaew, you are a real piece of work. You really take the prize for being a representation of the reason this issue is out of control.

This article reads like a New York Stock Exchange quote on Pork Bellies. No sense of urgency. No alarm being elicited. There is also the evident avoidance of mentioning the "waste of human life" males who father these children. No mention of these swinging peckers at all; ...just a strong focus on the girls. It's the girls fault! There is no concern about 17 year old boys having sex with 12 or 13 year old girls when the issue of "size matters" is clear. There is no mention of concerned parents. There are too many "No mentions" in this absolute retarded article. It's just another day in Thailand with some numbers and a few half-assed solutions being jotted down on the docket of "More Things to Do"; yet never get done.

I'll have to say it again. It seems typical of the Thai mindset that an article like this elicits no sense of urgency or alarm. When it comes to sex between Thais, all rules and bets are off, and the whole world gets to stand by and witness their absolute, galactic stupidity and folly. Take away all the cosmetic charade that Western and European technology has provided them, and they have plagiarized, and they are nothing but a bunch of idiots behaving like trailer-trash, inbreeding hillbillies with a lot of empty solutions and excuses in one hand and collateral damage in the other.

Happy in Thailand, are you?

Where do they get the idea that first time sex can't cause pregnancy? Have been hearing this for years.

I said it before: I had tete-a-tets's with 2 women (not at the same time) both over 30 and both well educated.

Both mentioned that "pulling it out, just before you you finish" is a good way to prevent pregnancy!

'nuff said!

Simmer down princess!

As we say in the Thai police -"from pork bellies to trailer trash & swinging peckers to hillbillies tis' nothing which a cup-o-coffee cain't fix."

Where do they get the idea that first time sex can't cause pregnancy? Have been hearing this for years.

From their sneaky teenage boyfriend.

Also helps the chattering masses to sneer, see, she's really putting herself about coz she got pregnant.

Thais get sick because the wind changes, and my mum in law is convinced that her husband has alzheimers because the soothsayer told her, her husband killed a cow in his youth.

So, anything is possible in the wiser eyes of a thai.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Would be nice if girls remembered to take the pill. No good coming out suddenly and saying "pregnant". Have had 2 bad experiences. In 2010 a school friend who was going steady with me for 6 months. She suddenly got pregnant. I was shocked. The girl just 16 y.o. was thrilled and so were her Thai parents. It took Dad's intervention (my last resort and I was made to suffercrying.gif ) to get the girl's family to re-consider. A second time just a few months back a lady working in one of the family businesses began going out with me. She's about 15 years older than me. Almost my Mum :-) LOL. Anyway, during the weekends I stayed at her home I became friends with her 17 y.o. daughter. Before you knew it the daughter got pregnant. They were delighted, the mum included. Again it took my family intervention to get them to understand that it was not okay.

Never a care? Yeh, right. Perhaps, just perhaps, she didn't get much of an education, didn't see much in her future, and thought that a foreign boyfriend with rich parents would lift her out of this cycle of poverty. Wouldn't be the first time.

And you say your Dad made you suffer for his having to bail you out? No, if he wanted to make you suffer, he'd have told you to live with the consequences of your own actions, and sort it out yourself. Perhaps he should have done just that.

Grow up. There are people's lives at stake here.

SC appears to be a student who from age 15 or so has been sleeping with female students. These girls may have either made a mistake or may have decided to cement their future by tying the knot with a wealthy family. Who knows. We can only wonder.

The 2 pregnancies are ones SC knows about. Will not be surprised if there are 1 or 2 others SC does not know about......for the present. What is astonishing is the casual manner in which SC mentions it, explaining how reckless some girls can be and how men can feel trapped etc..etc..He hopes that Thai girls reading it will learn and be more responsible.

It confirms my view that Asia's wealthy live on another planet. Clearly SC has not expected the sharp, critical responses from readers to his carefree post. SC may be surprised by the sharp responses which convey that hardworking middle-class Thais do not consider "the hi-jink which wealthy Thais get up to" as okay.

• Like 1

Never a care? Yeh, right. Perhaps, just perhaps, she didn't get much of an education, didn't see much in her future, and thought that a foreign boyfriend with rich parents would lift her out of this cycle of poverty. Wouldn't be the first time.

And you say your Dad made you suffer for his having to bail you out? No, if he wanted to make you suffer, he'd have told you to live with the consequences of your own actions, and sort it out yourself. Perhaps he should have done just that.

SC appears to be a student who from age 15 or so has been sleeping with female students. These girls may have either made a mistake or may have decided to cement their future by tying the knot with a wealthy family. Who knows. We can only wonder.

The 2 pregnancies are ones SC knows about. Will not be surprised if there are 1 or 2 others SC does not know about......for the present. What is astonishing is the casual manner in which SC mentions it, explaining how reckless some girls can be and how men can feel trapped etc..etc..He hopes that Thai girls reading it will learn and be more responsible.

It confirms my view that Asia's wealthy live on another planet. Clearly SC has not expected the sharp, critical responses from readers to his carefree post. SC may be surprised by the sharp responses which convey that hardworking middle-class Thais do not consider "the hi-jink which wealthy Thais get up to" as okay.

It may be trolling

• Like 1

It may be trolling

Don't think so. Trolls leave a signature like - keep a conversation going (by returning to interject). By contrast SC seems to have disappeared these past 2 or 3 days. Also trolls try not to embarrass themselves but express strong antagonistic opinions. This is not the case with this post. SC seems to have inadvertently embarrassed himself. By all accounts SC probably is wishing he could delete the post as he has all but disappeared - after so much ire his comments have drawn. Its important that we do not hastily call a post "trolls" without some forensics or else we lower the value of a debate - to which many people have contributed with well-thought-out comments. Edited by marchawkes

Interesting in the comparative rates but, not only that, there's an advert on the same page for "Find beautiful thai woman?"

Register and start here free! jeeb.co.th, on exactly the same page as the contrasting rates!

Amazing USA, mai na?

-mel whistling.gif

Adverts on your computer appear because of your previous browsing history. If I were you I would keep quite about the advert you are seeing....

Comment failed to load, see below --->

Edited by crazydrummerpauly

Amazing USA, mai na?

-mel whistling.gif

Why keep quiet about the advert just because it exposes his browsing habits? Is it wrong to want to, or have wanted to, 'Find beautiful Thai women' ? Perfectly normal hobby, and why most of us ended up here in the first place !

Edited by crazydrummerpauly

A large number of the posts on this topic are factually wrong and a waste of type. Sex education is already common in many Thai schools - depending on the town/province - i have Thai teacher-friends who have been teaching safe sex (with graphic aids) for some time. But as usual, it's easier to peddle insults based on no reliable information whatsoever.

Don't think so. Trolls leave a signature like - keep a conversation going (by returning to interject). By contrast SC seems to have disappeared these past 2 or 3 days. Also trolls try not to embarrass themselves but express strong antagonistic opinions. This is not the case with this post. SC seems to have inadvertently embarrassed himself. By all accounts SC probably is wishing he could delete the post as he has all but disappeared - after so much ire his comments have drawn. Its important that we do not hastily call a post "trolls" without some forensics or else we lower the value of a debate - to which many people have contributed with well-thought-out comments.

There are different kinds of trolls but most of them just want to generate outrage. This comment was so ridiculous that it clearly was created for that purpose. It reads as if written by somebody much older who's trying to imitate the voice of a younger person. Another sign is to check out other comments by the same person. Note the recent join and then check out some of the other comments.

A large number of the posts on this topic are factually wrong and a waste of type. Sex education is already common in many Thai schools - depending on the town/province - i have Thai teacher-friends who have been teaching safe sex (with graphic aids) for some time. But as usual, it's easier to peddle insults based on no reliable information whatsoever.

100% true. Thailand has an EXTREMELY low fertility rate for a reason, the population is largely well aware of the issue and there is cheap and easy access to contraception. The problem that Thailand will soon be having is the one that Japan and some European countries have, there are no longer enough children being born to replace the old people that are dieing.

As the numbers presented in the OP, 'teenagers' includes 19 year olds. The under 15s number is worrying, but the number of 10 per day work out to be about 1 child out of every 250 born. About the same as in England. Although given the demographic that farang tend to associate with, it is not surprising that many are familiar with so many 1 out 250s and they think that it is the norm.

100% true. Thailand has an EXTREMELY low fertility rate for a reason, the population is largely well aware of the issue and there is cheap and easy access to contraception. The problem that Thailand will soon be having is the one that Japan and some European countries have, there are no longer enough children being born to replace the old people that are dieing.

As the numbers presented in the OP, 'teenagers' includes 19 year olds. The under 15s number is worrying, but the number of 10 per day work out to be about 1 child out of every 250 born. About the same as in England. Although given the demographic that farang tend to associate with, it is not surprising that many are familiar with so many 1 out 250s and they think that it is the norm.

Sometimes I get the impression that many farang here have as much of an understanding of Thailand as somebody who visited Mardi Gras would have of New Orleans.

Sometimes I get the impression that many farang here have as much of an understanding of Thailand as somebody who visited Mardi Gras would have of New Orleans.

Well, it is a fairly schizophrenic and contradictory place.

Buddhist, conservative, ordered and peaceful, married with neon, pole dancing, rampant corruption, lawlessness, drugs etc etc.

Still confounds me after nearly 2 decades.

• Like 1

Happy in Thailand, are you?

Why do you care?

Simmer down princess!

As we say in the Thai police -"from pork bellies to trailer trash & swinging peckers to hillbillies tis' nothing which a cup-o-coffee cain't fix."

Haha. Thanks. Incidentally, regarding the "princes"s remark, if you're cruising for a piece of ass, I'll pass. I guess that explains why the tourist police are so friendly to male foreigners, yeah? Good on ya, mate!

Well, it is a fairly schizophrenic and contradictory place.

Buddhist, conservative, ordered and peaceful, married with neon, pole dancing, rampant corruption, lawlessness, drugs etc etc.

Still confounds me after nearly 2 decades.

'Nothing to be confounded about. It is prostituting one's self out to the almighty baht. It is living without any set of morals or ethics or principles, yet acting out on an imagined set of morals or ethics or principles as the whim or call of the wild dictates; all on a singular or group basis; again, as the whim or call of the wild dictates. That is being Thai. Whatever is is, and if a Thai is doing it, it is Thai. No one else is allowed these freedoms because we are not worthy and merely a resource for their whims or calls of the wild. Simply apply this line of reasoning to any of their problem solving solutions, and you'll see it is true. No one set of standards or standard is similar to the next. It's everyone doing their own thing,and banding together to kill, maim, injure, libel, slander, confiscate, blackmail, bribe, steal from, lie against and what have you against the foreign invader when the whim or call of the wild suits the need.

Edited by cup-O-coffee

According to the 2012 CIA World Factbook, Thailand's fertility rate is 1.66 births per female, ranking it 174 in the world. Many Western nations have a higher rate, Australia for example comes in at 1.77. Topping the list is Niger with a staggering rate of 7.52, whilst Singapore is at the other end of the scale at 0.78.

From my personal experience, Thailand has much better public family planning education than I have ever seen in my home country Australia.