Farm Photos

shaggy1969

Amazing Cameras

Editing Software

... I can't compete in this digital world.

How about a quick whip around for a new camera for David

Oh ... and a new 'puter ... I still run XP (SP3) on a meg of (DDR1) RAM ... w00t.gif

Cheap camera and lens. Camera body's around 40,000 Baht now and the lens that took the shot above is around 25,000 Baht.

Total kit comes to around 350,000 Baht.

In the World of digital cameras, it's a poor mans kit. There's posters on here who own 350,000 Baht lenses. As in one lens. I won't say who, but a certain person here owns a Leica Noctilux 50mm f/1.0.

Amazing Cameras

Editing Software

Oh ... and a new 'puter ... I still run XP (SP3) on a meg of (DDR1) RAM ... w00t.gif

Cheap camera and lens. Camera body's around 40,000 Baht now and the lens that took the shot above is around 25,000 Baht.

In the World of digital cameras, it's a poor mans kit. There's posters on here who own 350,000 Baht lenses. As in one lens. I won't say who, but a certain person here owns a Leica Noctilux 50mm f/1.0.

Could it be summed up by saying it's not the size of your camera but how you use it !!!!

• Like 1

Amazing Cameras

Editing Software

Could it be summed up by saying it's not the size of your camera but how you use it !!!!

No. I keep hearing this, but I know I couldn't do the same with a $100 point and shoot.

Kit selection definitely comes into it and that's a very important part of the overall skills set in my opinion.

Amazing Cameras

Editing Software

No. I keep hearing this, but I know I couldn't do the same with a $100 point and shoot.

Kit selection definitely comes into it and that's a very important part of the overall skills set in my opinion.

I paid $154 for mine!

OH ... add another $12 for a storage card.

BTW ... I reckon I could almost buy a Farm for the price of that camera equipment!

... and good luck to you gentlemen.

Finding pleasure in photography is a treasure indeed ... wai.gif

Never begrudge a man his simple pleasures ... especially a please that can be shared ... thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

post-104736-0-51113200-1385248406_thumb.

The pointy end of the thingy-a-me-bob that they stick in the big bath and move the wet stuff around ... biggrin.png

EDIT ...

post-104736-0-72871900-1385248661_thumb.

Oh ... I just ran the free Microsoft photo correction software over it for better colour saturation and shadow detail ...

Edited by David48
  • Like 2

Amazing Cameras

Editing Software

You are right MJP, i was just trying to be funny.

I believe someone here owns a Leica 50mm f/.95 also - $10,995 USD. With lenses like those though you need a really good sensor (aka expensive body) to make the most of it.

I believe someone here owns a Leica 50mm f/.95 also - $10,995 USD. With lenses like those though you need a really good sensor (aka expensive body) to make the most of it.

Cheap now with the A7r. It's peanuts.

Dancealot - thanks for the invitation to join in your forum here. My first (but hopefully not last) contribution is reflective of one type of farming that is quite prevalent in Chiang Rai. I'll let you deduce what type of farming that is.

I'll play Shaggy's secretary for a minute herewink.png. Welcome Fiddlesticks wai.gif. We have been expecting you.thumbsup.gif

I have been to the Dole plantation in Oahu and this scene looks awfully similarw00t.gif.

• Like 1

biggrin.png there's many a true word spoken in jest, but you're absolutely spot on there xen... too many people do get unnecessarily wrapped up with 'gear'. rolleyes.gif

big mistake.