Farm Photos

shaggy1969

hi jimmy,

what kind of ducks are they,

youll be very lucky if you get a campbell to sit, we have had the odd one,,

if there moskovies, then they wont start to sit till they have there full clutch, else you would have one egg hatch then it would take at least a month for the last one to hatch,

they will sit, they will go over to the nest everyday and turn them, they will lay an egg everyday till they have there full clutch,

hope this helps, as you no im not very good at writing what i want to get accros,

jake

Hi Jake, well there are brown ones, like the ones in the picture I posted above in a line ^ above or is it the previous page... (Campbells if I remember blink.png )

and then White ones.... but I am not sure which laid the egg!

I am going to have to go on a duck hunt in my pictures.... unless Shaggy remembers from last year....? or I will head over to the farm and get new pics tomorrow~ ! ....that might be quicker than trying to find them in my files! Thanks!wink.png

• Like 1

jimmy,,,lol

right,, the brown ones dont go broody( want to sit eggs) well you might be very lucky and get the odd one that does,

your white ones,, when they start to sit, take there eggs away and replace with the campbles,

its the campbels that lay an egg every day,

the moskovies will just lay till they have a clutch then sit them,

we change the eggs every day from white to brown,

mark then with a pencil,,, NOT a pen, then you know what is new,, youll get the idea,

thats why we have moskovies jusat to hatch the campbels,

take care make

jake

i should of said ps shaggy,

im home next week, ive just excepted a job in iraq,, 28days on and 28 off,

that my good friend will be bang on for me,

all flights paid all found and worldwide medical cover,,,#

jake

• Like 2

i should of said ps shaggy,

im home next week, ive just excepted a job in iraq,, 28days on and 28 off,

that my good friend will be bang on for me,

all flights paid all found and worldwide medical cover,,,#

jake

Congratulations Jake....that's brilliant news mate.

That way you will still be able to to make money from your work and also have plenty of time with your family and farm.

Btw....if you need a go'fer or someone to take care of your camel....you don't need to look any further MATE !!!! biggrin.png

• Like 1

I am going to have to go on a duck hunt in my pictures.... unless Shaggy remembers from last year....? or I will head over to the farm and get new pics tomorrow~ ! ....that might be quicker than trying to find them in my files! Thanks!wink.png

Hi Jim

Judging by the photo I would say that it is almost definitely from a Campbell's duck (brown duck) because there is no nest and is in an open area.If it had been laid by one of the Muscovy's then they would of sort out a safe place and built a

nest before even thinking about laying her eggs.Campbell's are prolific layers (one egg per day most of the year) but terrible mothers and very rarely hatch out their eggs.

Jakes idea about swapping eggs with a sitting Muscovy is a possibility but you need to be sure that the Campbell egg is fertile....otherwise the poor old Muscovy could be sitting for sometime blink.png

What I would do is if there is an old broody hen then try to get her to sit on the egg,have done it before and with success (Muscovy eggs) they are brilliant mother and take care of the young ducklings ferociously.....they do panic a bit though

when the ducklings go for a swim and they are not able to follow.

Anyway mate enough of my rambling,congrats to you and the young lad thumbsup.gif

Enjoy your omelet !!!!

How long untill they hatch, Jimmy? I want to see that!

I think a month??? So you may see.... tongue.png I am not sure how long they have been there... they were hidden,....from view! smile.png

Oh found Mountain Dew in Tesco today, DAL I even brought a bottle, but not got a pic yet! facepalm.gif It had better be good!

----------------------------

Moving on, the local hydroponic farms' Tom experiment has some Toms ripening.... maybe you'll get one of those too?

IMG_4532.JPG

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 2

^ composition there Shaggy ^ thumbsup.gif

OK, the duckies have been busy facepalm.gif One more than the others, well hidden from view until the lid was lifted .... OMG there is going to be ducklings galore... !w00t.gifbiggrin.png

IMG_4531.JPG

Thanks Jim wai.gif

I bet the young lad is over the moon.Make sure the area is how he found it,don't want to scare the mother duck off her eggs.

Were the three other eggs clumped together in the same area?

this is just a pic that the lads have sent me from the job i have just left,,lol

and thats not mac,, and yes my name is ron,,lolo

Well Ron,

If that is the wife and kids, the children definitely did not get their looks from their mother, soooo . . . . . .

your right mate,,,lol

im home next week, i fly 27th cant wait to see my kids and wife,,, yes and my animals,,,

see i had to put kids and wife first,,lol

jake

Have a safe trip! You appear to be a good family man with a good sense of humor.

Cheers,

Stix