Farm Photos

shaggy1969

Ron, when you care for your planted DragonFruit, do use any specific fertilizer to encourage them to set fruit?

Not asking for name brands, just wondering if you use something, or let Mother Nature take it's course.

I will have a look tomorrow what fertiliser I am using then let you know.I don't think it is fertiliser that is the problem with producing fruit it is more likely to be lack of pollination which I believe is done by bats,moths and possibly some insects.

They will not produce fruit by self pollination so that would mean a number of plants would give a better chance of setting fruit.

• Like 2

There is a Harvesting Fish Thread yet for me to pen from these photos.

Looking forward to Your new thread mate thumbsup.gif

Am curious to know what they us on the farm to weigh the own side of the net they are using in the photo.

Is it a linked chain or a braided lead line?

I ask this because when I was much younger I used to go poaching fishing on the coast near my home for salmon an sea trout.

I still have the urge to go net fishing sometimes and wondered if it is possible to buy braided lead line in Thailand.

^^ What's the story behind this photo?

Nothing much really David.

The lady in the background is the best friend of Num's Aunt,the young girl who is planting the rice seedlings is her daughter.

Ohhhh,and the dog didn't like me,only encountered two dogs that didn't like me and the are both in the same village.The other one

is the dog from the Poo Yai Baan.....but he doesn't like anyone (the dog that is).

Any news on the bottom line of the net David?

Edited by shaggy1969

Ron, when you care for your planted DragonFruit, do use any specific fertilizer to encourage them to set fruit?

Not asking for name brands, just wondering if you use something, or let Mother Nature take it's course.

I will have a look tomorrow what fertiliser I am using then let you know.I don't think it is fertiliser that is the problem with producing fruit it is more likely to be lack of pollination which I believe is done by bats,moths and possibly some insects.

I'm told they will not produce fruit by self pollination so that would mean a number of plants would give a better chance of setting fruit.

The fertiliser that I used is 16-20-0+13S.

Edited by Ron19
  • Like 1

thanks goompa,

bit of consultancy work between pattaya and rayong,

im there this week coming too for another 6 days, ive got the welding in order,,lol thats all ive been doing giving them advice on some welding isues, but ive got there,

the client from canada has offerd me a full time job in thailand to look after thyere verious sites, but i like my rotational jobs, ill be going to angola soon 35 days off shoire then 35 at home, thats for me,

love your close up pics to mate,,

jake

Just mucking about with a new prime 40 mate , thanks , I cannot wait to get back home with my new arsenal .

Hope it all pans out well for you and the bride mate , keep posting the farm , I love it and am jealous of your achievements Jake .

Send me a few pics in PM from there if you have the time ,

Cheers

There is a Harvesting Fish Thread yet for me to pen from these photos.

Looking forward to Your new thread mate thumbsup.gif

Am curious to know what they us on the farm to weigh the own side of the net they are using in the photo.

Is it a linked chain or a braided lead line?

I ask this because when I was much younger I used to go poaching fishing on the coast near my home for salmon an sea trout.

I still have the urge to go net fishing sometimes and wondered if it is possible to buy braided lead line in Thailand.

You can buy braided line in los,I have brought a 25 m reel from a shop near me ,with the Pasak dam on our door step fishing is popular,my misses will be going next week for shore,can not go tomorrow we are making silage. Fishing shop near the On Nut BTS station in bkk might have some,have been they thay have got a of fishing eqiupment.

Or ask the nice people on TV's fishing fourm.

• Like 2