Blank Dvd In Tukcom

dthomasss

It could be there is actually a market for the better stuff but, the margins may be better on the Princo disc's for the retail business selling them. If you are getting around a 10% failure rate, multiply that by the amount sold, by each business, more money for them etc. Also, where are they made, China?

Princo isn't too bad, but they produce different grades and as with everything the stalls at Tuckom always go with the lowest grade = highest mark up .

I'm sure there will still be a few that seller the better quality. You could try Powerbuy or Alpha on the floor where they sell the software.

The Princo DVD's are pretty basic. I've been using the slightly more expensive Smartboy brand (a tasteful bright orange colour!) for years and I've hardly ever had a problem with them. My girlfriend just borrowed a 4-DVD TV series I burnt on them 4 or 5 years ago, and they are still fine. Tesco usually has some of the more up-market brands like Sony in stock if you're desperate for them.

The Princo DVD's are pretty basic. I've been using the slightly more expensive Smartboy brand (a tasteful bright orange colour!) for years and I've hardly ever had a problem with them. My girlfriend just borrowed a 4-DVD TV series I burnt on them 4 or 5 years ago, and they are still fine. Tesco usually has some of the more up-market brands like Sony in stock if you're desperate for them.

Went back to Tukcom and on the top floor there was one seller who had a variety. However, I noticed that at 3:30 this afternoon almost half of the smaller shops were closed. I knoiw there are plans for a nerw Tukcom on Pattaya Klang (although they haven;t even begun groundbreaking).

I rather be dead than relying on princo for anything.

But i think you should consider an external USB HDD for your long term backup,

they really are that cheap & big now, and reliability is on another level

I use the blank dvds to copy tv shows (avi) i download, so i can watch and then pass around to friends.

I use the blank dvds to copy tv shows (avi) i download, so i can watch and then pass around to friends.

I use a USB 8 GB stick to watch my tv episodes / movies and keep any I want over a longer term on an external hard drive. Friends who want any particular series get them on their own USB sticks and they buy me a beer for my trouble ;)

8 GB sticks are so cheap now it makes DVDs seem not worth the hassle. A lot quicker too to load a USB stick with no failure rate.

Considering how cheap DVD players with USB are now - some about 500 Baht - I'd not revert back to DVDs.

Maybe worth a thought and cheaper in the long run.

I use a USB 8 GB stick to watch my tv episodes / movies and keep any I want over a longer term on an external hard drive. Friends who want any particular series get them on their own USB sticks and they buy me a beer for my trouble wink.png

8 GB sticks are so cheap now it makes DVDs seem not worth the hassle. A lot quicker too to load a USB stick with no failure rate.

Considering how cheap DVD players with USB are now - some about 500 Baht - I'd not revert back to DVDs.

Good point...

I use a USB 8 GB stick to watch my tv episodes / movies and keep any I want over a longer term on an external hard drive. Friends who want any particular series get them on their own USB sticks and they buy me a beer for my trouble wink.png

Good point...

Of course if you wand HD quality then pay a little more for a DVD player that will accept HD. Saves having to convert HD programmes. Not sure what size USB stick they take. Maybe someone else here can inform on that, either that or look at the box / instructions.

Of course if you wand HD quality then pay a little more for a DVD player that will accept HD. Saves having to convert HD programmes. Not sure what size USB stick they take. Maybe someone else here can inform on that, either that or look at the box / instructions.

These days almost avery tv and for sure every HD tv on the market has a usb slot, and supports the most common movie formats, so no need for a dvd player anymore.

If the TV isn't HD it also is useeless to have a hd dvd player.

These days almost avery tv and for sure every HD tv on the market has a usb slot, and supports the most common movie formats, so no need for a dvd player anymore.

Not all those tv's with USB slots will play movies from the USB slot. Some only play photos. Yet the tv's themselves can be HD.

Not all those tv's with USB slots will play movies from the USB slot. Some only play photos. Yet the tv's themselves can be HD.

There are no full hd screens sold anymore that don't support movie files through usb.

Maybe you're talking about a +10 year old screen or it must be a copy of a chinese copy made in North Korea.

Edited by jbrain

Went back to Tukcom and on the top floor there was one seller who had a variety. However, I noticed that at 3:30 this afternoon almost half of the smaller shops were closed. I knoiw there are plans for a nerw Tukcom on Pattaya Klang (although they haven;t even begun groundbreaking).

Haha makes sense, they had probably received a tip off about this :