Where Can I Find Fresh, Unpasteurized And Unhomogenized Dairy?

digitalninja42

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure your health insurance is current before going this route; then again, most insurance companies do not cover purposeful injury.

What grade school health lesson had you slept through? sad.png

• Like 1

He's not asking what you think about it, he's asking where to get it.

Try the Kings project shop opposite the exercise park, near the zoo. Maybe they have it, or may know where to get it.

This topic should be off limits.

If he wanted to where to buy a rope to hang himself that topic will not be allowed.

The same with Raw Junk

Try the Kings project shop opposite the exercise park, near the zoo. Maybe they have it, or may know where to get it.

If he wanted to where to buy a rope to hang himself that topic will not be allowed.

The same with Raw Junk

The guy wants organic dairy products not to top himself.rolleyes.gif

The better local health food shops all know where to get raw goats milk. Some of them have it stocked in their fridge. Raw Cows milk is a lot more dicey (around here) as far as being safe.

there are two dairy coops and i think they sell raw milk.i get it frequently to make yogurt.5 kilo for 120.-bt

one opposite the zoo the other on 11 to lampang just south of or next to serapi-

go to 11 from 121 then south make a u turn at the home building supply store, that's it.

the one at the zoo also sells some cheese ,the gouda is nice....

Edited by uptoyoumyfriend

• 6 months later...

The same with Raw Junk

omg people hahah EVERYONE who makes dairy products will do their own pasteurization. I have no doubt in my mind this gentleman is the same. You have to do a certain low and slow pasteurization as to not damage the proteins like in commercial grade milk (they use Ultra high pasteurization) Commercial grade milk can not be used for making most cheese because the milk will not curd properly. One little reason to jump on someone and you guys just pounce like the thais do when fighting. ahha

• Like 1

There is a similar thread just going now about buying raw milk for cheese making or at least non UHT.

How many threads do we need for this topic. Also if you do a search, you will find at least 10 more threads just like it over the past decade.

in short to your answer though, agricultural department at mae jo or CMU and there is a government milk storage center in most provinces according to the threads I found on my search for it.

People are quick to laugh at the idea of drinking raw milk.

But drinking homogenized milk is most definitely bad for your health. Just do the research if you can let this pesky fact past your belief system.

And pasteurized milk, why do they have to pasteurize it? Ever wondered about that?

Pasteurized homogenized milk is not a good food to be putting inside your body.

I also find it funny that people here think drinking raw milk from a cow in thailand would somehow be more dangerous than back in their own countries. If only they knew what happened to the cow before it gave its milk to be burnt to cinders - thereby changing its molecular structure - before they get to drink it...

OP: there is a definitely a farm in chiang mai province somewhere where the thai farmer takes care of his cows, feeds them properly and i imagine will sell you raw milk. However i'm afraid i can't offer you any more info than that. My wife saw a program on tv couple of weeks ago. I did come to these forums to try and find out where this dairy farmer was but nobody here could shed light on it.

A Doctor friend gets raw cows milk from a dairy farm out near Doi Saket, maybe not much help but maybe others know the location better than me.

A clever doctor! That's encouraging.

I wonder if you could get some directions off him at some point? Or narrow down the location a bit?

I also find it funny that people here think drinking raw milk from a cow in thailand would somehow be more dangerous than back in their own countries

Have you heard of Bovine Tuberculosis? It's very common in Thai cattle.

I also find it funny that people here think drinking raw milk from a cow in thailand would somehow be more dangerous than back in their own countries

Have you heard of Bovine Tuberculosis? It's very common in Thai cattle.

Toxoplasma also

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxoplasma_gondii

Pasteurized is poor health choice but raw is not without risks. One problem they are finding is that its near impossible to keep some airborne poop particles out of the milk even in the most careful and high tech operations. If the product is consumed very soon then the bacteria have not multiplied yet. The longer the time before consumption then risk increases.

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

Well since it is is illegal to sell raw milk to the public in many US states, I think that it is a natural fear that goes with it. So Femfan I think that it is natural for most to have concerns.

If women drink raw milk while pregnant, it can cause a miscarriage. There are many diseases that can come with it, but overall hygene while milking is very important. The cattle farms near my house growing up all had special milking rooms that were sterilized, the equipment was sterilized between each cow and the farmers followed a very strict regiment. I doubt that all commercial dairy farms here all follow the strictest guidelines. The problem isn't that Thais are this or that, but that there is no regulation or restriction in place to protect the populace ensuring that farmers follow "safe practice".

Unless I milked the cow myself, I wouldn't drink raw milk. We had a few goats for milk when I was a "kid" and we always pasteurized it.

As someone else said, you need to bring the temperature up very slowly for making cheeses so any normal pasteurizing or UHT would ruin the chances for a clean break in the curd.

I do find it funny that there isn't a single thread on TV where people don't add their opinion on "where can I find..."

I did a search for where to get expensive knives sharpened and one thread had over 4 pages but not one signal location. Really sad I think. Though by typing what I have just did, I did the same thing. Such is life.

i like raw milk, too. That said, a half year or so ago I got some cheese from a person who had made cheese for a living in Europe. He visited one place here that sells raw cow's milk and said the conditions there were very unsanitary. They were planning on buying new equipment to upgrade the facility, but until they did, he wouldn't recommend drinking their milk raw.

As for milk in thailand, I haven't seen any refrigerated milk pasteurized via the UHT process. And I know that unlike UHT pasteurized whipping cream, the whipping cream sold here whips up easily and holds its shape for days.

I believe that Dacheeso pasteurizes its milk using the old fashioned low temperature pasteurization method. It certainly tastes like milk that I used to buy in an old fashioned small dairy in Connecticut that used the low temp process. Very, very similar in flavor to raw milk.

• Like 1

There is a similar thread just going now about buying raw milk for cheese making or at least non UHT.

How many threads do we need for this topic. Also if you do a search, you will find at least 10 more threads just like it over the past decade.

in short to your answer though, agricultural department at mae jo or CMU and there is a government milk storage center in most provinces according to the threads I found on my search for it.

If you could provide some links that would be great.

Just had an epiphany. All the local schools are only (technically) allowed to serve their student farm fresh milk.I think they do it on a daily basis. They do their own pasteurization. I Think the easiest way would be to go directly to the closest school and ask them about their source. I noticed when I was in Bang Saen they didn't have many cows. 5 or so. So during the school year they might not have any extra to sell. But I bought a 5 KG bag of COLD fresh yummmy RAW milk. If you have never experienced it. Or scared to. Look up low pasteurization methods.) It's AMAZING!

Anyone try this let me know. I will go to the local school today if I have time.

5KG should be about 120-180 baht depending how much they think they can milk you for :D

Do you know why there are so many posts? Because no one ever gives solid answers! Too much opinions and no facts. TV is not an easy place to search for such threads. It seems like when I do a search the results are all over the place. From different decades or just not helpful. Looking through the pages and pages and pages of opinionated posts is very very time consuming. Starting a new one is a lot easier. I hope the administrators can come up with a new method of being able to sort through the potentially THOUSANDS of comments. Normally I get more confused when I read through some of the threads.

i like raw milk, too. That said, a half year or so ago I got some cheese from a person who had made cheese for a living in Europe. He visited one place here that sells raw cow's milk and said the conditions there were very unsanitary. They were planning on buying new equipment to upgrade the facility, but until they did, he wouldn't recommend drinking their milk raw.

As for milk in thailand, I haven't seen any refrigerated milk pasteurized via the UHT process. And I know that unlike UHT pasteurized whipping cream, the whipping cream sold here whips up easily and holds its shape for days.

I believe that Dacheeso pasteurizes its milk using the old fashioned low temperature pasteurization method. It certainly tastes like milk that I used to buy in an old fashioned small dairy in Connecticut that used the low temp process. Very, very similar in flavor to raw milk.

I really think my idea will be more of a solid one. If anyone has friends that are english teachers at Thai schools. Please ask them. We don't want much milk. 5kg here or there just to get my FRESH cheese fix would be great. Thanks

pasteurize or not ..milk has a very lively and strong flora that can take care of most the bad bucks..perhaps not all but there are other dangers in life .You more likely to catch Dengue than get sick from fresh raw milk here in CM

The most suspicious thing is homogenizing ,I read a research 20+ years a go related to homogenizing.... breaking up the fat cells,

Back then there found out that in doing so the blood was more likely to assimilate the broken up fat cells,Fat cells are quiet large and will float,and that da's not look good on the milk and also unhomogenized milk makes a skin when heated.Again lots of people don't like that.

But could homogenizing be a contribution of high cholesterol?? i Am pretty sure it is..'Milk is the nectar for as mammals it can only be perfect if we don't abuse it to much, in manipulating and over eating it

Then lets make the milk look good and long term consequences are ignored.Typical for industries

During pasteurizing the calcium will precipitate as well, there for u get "calcium enriched milk''.Aren't we after the calcium in the milk?

And not the one out of the lab that there ad

I have been a dairy farmer for over 20years and we never pasteurized and never had problems,of coarse it needs the right husbandry with the animals and the adequate hygiene.

"As for milk in thailand, I haven't seen any refrigerated milk pasteurized via the UHT process"

I am not quite sure what you are saying. Are you saying the average commercial milk like Meiji are not UHT? I really think that you are wrong on that. Look at the expiration date alone. Regular pasteurized milk doesn't have a 3 week shelf life. You would be lucky to get 10 days with normal pasteurized milks.