Refused Non-Imm "o" In Kuala Lumpur

After many renewed yearly visa, this time i very sadly find out that even if i had paid the usual 550RM at the thai consulate in Malaysia, the validity it's only 3 months and not 12.

It's a mistake? and if it is, how can i get it rectified?

Edited by Maestro
Removed profanity

Yesterday, here in Penang, I enquired about that kind of visa on behalf of a friend who will apply in April. The agent - Banana Guest House in Chulia Street, assured me a 12 month visa can be obtained for an inclusive fee of RM610.

Hope this helps.

It's a mistake?

Sounds like, you did not check your stamp in the consulate, right?coffee1.gif

Thank you, this is very helpfull.

It's because being the very first days of the new year, my mind got tricked as it was stuck in 2012, so, when i saw 2013 i had the illusion of an yearly visa rather then just the 3 months it really was.

But why only 3 months if i paid the full price of 550RM as in every years before that, and not just 220RM for the short visa? This is what lead me to believe it's a mistake...

KL only issues a multiple non-O if you show at least 100,000 baht in a bank account. Did you submitted evidence of having money in the bank?

Yes i did as in every years before.

I specifically transferred from abroad to my thai bank account, just a little in excess of 100K (i do not want to keep any cash in any thai banks for longer than necessary).

Maybe they started giving 3 months for every 100k? So it would match up with the required 400K required visas based on marriages ( 100K x 4 periods of 3 months each = 400K & 12Months ?????

Edited by kaohow

No changes have been reported regarding KL, but it is true that all over the board getting a multiple non-immigrant visa is increasinly difficult to get.

However, it is strange that they didn't tell you that you would only get a single. Might be a mistake or something else wrong with the paperwork. We will have to see if others are more lucky or have the same happening.

No changes have been reported regarding KL, but it is true that all over the board getting a multiple non-immigrant visa is increasinly difficult to get.

However, it is strange that they didn't tell you that you would only get a single. Might be a mistake or something else wrong with the paperwork. We will have to see if others are more lucky or have the same happening.

So, what should i do? Go to Bangkok and ask at the main immigration for a correction?? Go back to KL? or try a different consulate at the end of the 3 months, as someone mentioned Penang, but would they issue Non Immigrant "O" based on marriage with the same criterias of KL??

Go to Savanakhet, Laos, they will issue a multiple non-O without the need for money in the bank.

They do require proof of marriage and additional papers, check out the threads about savanakhet for more information.

Penang will only give a single also.

You can try to ask the consulate if a mistake was made or why you only got a single

Check your passport validity, for a multiple non-O visa KL requires a validity of 18 months.

2. Dependent Visa (Dependent of spouse or parent possessing Thai nationality)

1. Visa application form duly filled out.

2. Applicant passport valid not less than 6 months. The validity of 18 months is

required for one-year visa application.

3. Copy of passport.

4. (4x6cm.) Photograph(s) of the applicant, taken within the past 6 months.

5. Original and copy of official marriage certificate (For spouse).

6. Original and copy of official birth certificate (For children).

7. Copy of Thai identity card (of spouse or parent).

8. Copy of Thai House registration (of spouse or parent).

9. Bank Statement with a minimum deposit of 100,000 Bath

So, what should i do? Go to Bangkok and ask at the main immigration for a correction?? Go back to KL? or try a different consulate at the end of the 3 months, as someone mentioned Penang, but would they issue Non Immigrant "O" based on marriage with the same criterias of KL??

Bangkok cannot help you at all, not part of their responsibilities.

According to this topic http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/610593-kuala-lumpur-visa-report/ it seems like a misstake have been done.

Bangkok cannot help you at all, not part of their responsibilities.

Not entirely true. Immigraiton will not correct stamps as that is indeed not their responsibility. Immigration is part of the interior ministry and consulates fall under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

But the ministry of foreign affairs in Bangkok does correct mistakes made by consulates. But is must be clear that a mistake was made indeed. Paying the price for a multiple non-immigrant visa and only getting a single is not necesarrily a mistake.

• Like 1

Yes the MFA is in charge and might help, but the OP did say "Should I go to Immigration".

If the OP goes to MFA he will need the receipt, the error might not be corrected there, and he might be sent to Immigration to get the stamps done there, with a letter from the MFA.

But the ministry of foreign affairs in Bangkok does correct mistakes made by consulates. But is must be clear that a mistake was made indeed. Paying the price for a multiple non-immigrant visa and only getting a single is not necesarrily a mistake.

Ok, i just had a conversation with the people at KL, they would not admit a mistake has been done and keep repeating to go to the local immigration for the Visa.

Also that by providing the usual required documents they would issue the 12 months visa, no explanation was given for my circumstances, according to what she said, i would have got already what i did originally asked for, however, as i said, no admittance of an error on their part...

Do you know what documentation this ministry of foreign affairs is requireing for the corrections? Just the passport or every single document already submitted at KL or...?

Without them admitting it was a mistake I think your chances are practically zero to get it corrected. They will need evidence that a mistake was made. The receipt for paying a multiple and only getting a single will in all likelyhood not do it.

Is your passport valid for more than 18 months?

whistling.gif No, almost certainly not a mistake.

It's becoming more common now to get a 90 day only non O visa in South East Asia.

Multi-3ntry one year nisas are becoming harder and harder to get.

What they want is for you to enter Thailand on that 90 day non immigrant O and then apply for a one year EXTENSION in Thailand.

The reason for that extension can be sometinh like marriage, retirement, education, employment etc.

Sometimes you can still get a one year multi entry non immigrant O visa, but be prepared to answer this question.

WHY can you NOT accept a 90 day visa, and then EXTEND that for one year in Thailand?

Without them admitting it was a mistake I think your chances are practically zero to get it corrected. They will need evidence that a mistake was made. The receipt for paying a multiple and only getting a single will in all likelyhood not do it.

Is your passport valid for more than 18 months?

Yes i just presented a newly issued passport (10 years validity).

I was thinking about making a copy of the old one, with all their previously issued 12 months visa, as to say "look, you already provided this very same kind of visa before, many times..." but then i remembered that the person checking the documents at the window, will just keep the very basic documents they are requireing and hand you back everything else, so i didn't do it....

But why only 3 months if i paid the full price of 550RM as in every years before that, and not just 220RM for the short visa? This is what lead me to believe it's a mistake...

So did you pay 220 or 550. Your topic and this post does not make it clear to me.

If you cannot meet the financial requirements (400K in bank or 40K) for an extension at immigration your only choice is to make another trip after 90 days (or 150 with 60 day extension from immigration to visit your wife) to a different consulate (Savannakhet).

So did you pay 220 or 550. Your topic and this post does not make it clear to me.

If you cannot meet the financial requirements (400K in bank or 40K) for an extension at immigration your only choice is to make another trip after 90 days (or 150 with 60 day extension from immigration to visit your wife) to a different consulate (Savannakhet).

OP: "i very sadly find out that even if i had paid the usual 550RM at the thai consulate in Malaysia, the validity it's only 3 months and not 12."

KL only issues a multiple non-O if you show at least 100,000 baht in a bank account. Did you submitted evidence of having money in the bank?

Will they issue without proof of marriage? Just 100k in my Thai bank account? I'm on a non-O now issued in the states.

Will they issue without proof of marriage? Just 100k in my Thai bank account? I'm on a non-O now issued in the states.

You need to prove you are married if that is what you are applying for.