New Kawasaki Price List (Inc The New 'bs Tax')

karlos

So the 650s have gone up by just over 8%?

I thought the tax brackets were 10% and 20% for the larger of the three tiers, looks like Kawasaki took a 2% chunk of that tax on the chin also.

I think your CBR500 was only hit with 5% tax, right?

• Like 1

Have the new prices been announced for Honda too??

Yeah. 210 k for cbr500, 214 k for cbx500 qnd 204k for cb500. 6000 thb increase only.

It looks like honda is subsidizing some of that tax as kawa prices went up really high like 20 k on er6f?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

the new tax is incremental and the kawasakis got hit with 10% because being in the segement above 500cc but the hondas were only hit with 6% due to the engine being a 470cc

kawasaki have also given a slight discount as the versys should have been 319k @10% added but they have knocked a few grand off it

Have the new prices been announced for Honda too??

Yeah. 210 k for cbr500, 214 k for cbx500 qnd 204k for cb500. 6000 thb increase only.

It looks like honda is subsidizing some of that tax as kawa prices went up really high like 20 k on er6f?

the new tax is incremental and the kawasakis got hit with 10% because being in the segement above 500cc but the hondas were only hit with 6% due to the engine being a 470cc

kawasaki have also given a slight discount as the versys should have been 319k @10% added but they have knocked a few grand off it

But all i know the increase is on tax not the full price right?

I think Kawi will start having more problems moving bikes now there are other options and lower cost ones at that

Yup.

Let's hope for a full-on product and price war over the coming years. :)

AP Honda suddenly stepped up to the plate in 2010 and have handed Kawa their arse on a plate ever since. Even more so in the next year or two unless they manage to monumentally F-Up their national Big Wing enterprise.

I think Kawi will start having more problems moving bikes now there are other options and lower cost ones at that

Yup.

Let's hope for a full-on product and price war over the coming years. smile.png

AP Honda suddenly stepped up to the plate in 2010 and have handed Kawa their arse on a plate ever since. Even more so in the next year or two unless they manage to monumentally F-Up their national Big Wing enterprise.

I guess anything is possible but I am at the Kawasaki dealer a lot lately &

they are sure not short of shoppers or folks signing waiting lists.

Bikes & trucks here in Thailand are kind of odd as far as markets & reactions go.

Edited by mania

Yeah kawa has no trouble on selling ninja250s. They still sell good and more with the new model. Kawa showrooms are always full.

But 650 kawas might suffer a bit. Justification of 80k looks stronger on honda 500s objectively.

Kawa will grow more eventually same as honda as the pioneer of big bikes in thailand. Thai people get richer, installments got smaller.

And good for monster. Raise is small. Cool bike to have but poor for touring around still.

I prefer to pay 150 k more and buy 210ish kg z1000 instead of 230 kg z800 if someone cares - unless they sell it for 370k baht.

Who will produce the first 600 inline four supersport in Thailand? Please speed up!

God knows the prices of triumphs and ktms right now!

Edited by loserlazer

the Z800 should be exciting, with that Kawa is starting to produce inline 4s in Thailand!

You'd think they'd have trouble selling a Ninja 250 but by all accounts that's certainly not the case - I guess looking crazy awesome does help explain the 60k baht price difference to the CBR250... just saw one today on the road; I walked up to it to see what that hot bike was, and sure enough it was a red Ninjette.

True that....Folks are still waiting for the 2nd batch & I get compliments to no end.

Felt kind of weird getting so many from the Street Fighter rider today.

I wanted to say hey we can swap if you like smile.png

Where was the one you saw parked?

If it was in front of a coffee place on Changklan it was mine

PS: I hope it is true about 4cyl bikes being made here.

Edited by mania

Ok folks, looks like not all is as doom and gloom as it seems.

A friend of mine was quoted 258k for an ER-6n out the door. Well below the 275 indicated above.

Not a desperation sale either, there is a 2 month wait.

What dealership was that from? :)

• 4 weeks later...

I was at Ducati today & the guy said these are the new prices

I don't recall the old prices so am not sure myself.

But it is not cheap to ride a Panigale wink.png

I noticed they neglected to add the Hypermotard and Multistrada to the updated price list.

Ok folks, looks like not all is as doom and gloom as it seems.

A friend of mine was quoted 258k for an ER-6n out the door. Well below the 275 indicated above.

Not a desperation sale either, there is a 2 month wait.

What dealership was that from? smile.png

Kawasaki dealer Chiang Mai.

I noticed they neglected to add the Hypermotard and Multistrada to the updated price list.

They're scheduled to be assembled in Thailand so I guess they're not bothering with selling them as imports right now.

The dealer here insists a mini Multistrada is coming as well, a special asian market model akin to the monster, cheaper and smaller than the 1200.

They're scheduled to be assembled in Thailand so I guess they're not bothering with selling them as imports right now.

The dealer here insists a mini Multistrada is coming as well, a special asian market model akin to the monster, cheaper and smaller than the 1200.

Isn't the 2013 Hyperstrada the new mini Multistrada?