New Motorbike Police Stop Today

floridaguy

They seem to be at Sukhumvit 81 just across from Tesco every other day. Same 2 cops each day. I filmed them taking 100 baht off each of 3 motorbike riders. I continued filming after they noticed me but they stopped flagging bikes down so I left. I don't stop for just two cops ever. They are just doing it for money and almost never write a ticket.

heheh there was a single cop in ChiangMai that has his own little business going near the moat

For many days he set up 3 orange cones to create a little lane where he waved riders over to.

Pretty good hiding spot he had just after a stop light when all the bikes where out front & accelerating.

But when it is a single cop doing business like that I notice many times the Thai's ignore

his waves & just look the other way while continuing by as it is multi lane there they can pull to

the other side :)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said "Look man I'm outdoors you know,

Can I stay with you maybe a couple days?"

He said "Let me go and ask my wife"

He said "I don't know man, ah she kinda funny, you know"

Said "Look man, come down here", he got down there

So what you want?

One bourbon, one scotch, one beer laugh.png

aaahh, that's WELL before rap/hip hop. Those lyrics are American Bluesman John Lee Hooker's work. Amazing performer.

Heading to the Motorbike festival on Thanon Phetchaburi (from Suvarnabhumi)

I took this route last year and perhaps once every two months or so but today the section I have highlighted on the map below had one of its lanes blocked off but the outside lane was still open.... There were a few signs (all in Thai) but I couldn't read them, so continued unaware that 3 police officers were about to jump out from the pavement and into my path. I acknowledged them by nodding my head and indicated left but had absolutely no intentions of pulling over, you can guess what happened next, a blip of the throttle while they desperately tried to grab my shoulder saw me on my way and heading towards the bike festival. (my number plate is concealed so they won't be getting anything from me!)

Those 3 police officers must have made a small fortune today from bikers heading towards the show. If they honestly needed to close this short 200m section of road then why didn't they do a proper job of it and put enough barriers across both lanes to stop bikes/cars heading down that way..... It was just a lame attempt to pocket some money out of the non-Bangkokians attending the bike show this weekend.

P.S. the mentioned section of road was open 3 hours later when i headed home.....

post-59428-0-40346600-1359802102_thumb.j

• Like 1

Luckily for me they had already pulled a local Thai over and one officer was preoccupied extracting money from him, the other two dashed back to their cave, poised & ready to pounce on the next victim. Easier for them to wait 30 seconds for the next biker than chase after me…

I took this route last year and perhaps once every two months or so but today the section I have highlighted on the map below had one of its lanes blocked off but the outside lane was still open.... There were a few signs (all in Thai) but I couldn't read them, so continued unaware that 3 police officers were about to jump out from the pavement and into my path. I acknowledged them by nodding my head and indicated left but had absolutely no intentions of pulling over, you can guess what happened next, a blip of the throttle while they desperately tried to grab my shoulder saw me on my way and heading towards the bike festival. (my number plate is concealed so they won't be getting anything from me!)

Those 3 police officers must have made a small fortune today from bikers heading towards the show. If they honestly needed to close this short 200m section of road then why didn't they do a proper job of it and put enough barriers across both lanes to stop bikes/cars heading down that way..... It was just a lame attempt to pocket some money out of the non-Bangkokians attending the bike show this weekend.

P.S. the mentioned section of road was open 3 hours later when i headed home.....

That section if road is often policed, especially on a Saturday, as it is illegal for cars and bikes to pass through that section as it's for buses only, hence the big sign indicating left turn only. So it was not a lame attempt to get money out of non bangkokians attending the bike show. Though the BIB leave a lot to be desired, in this case they were not at fault.
  • Like 1

We've recently purchased a new car. We picked it up on Friday, so we haven't had it for long. Driving over the weekend so far, I have encountered several so-called checkpoints stopping both cars and motorbikes. There have been far more than usual. Obviously, we are driving around on red plates which sometimes have issues depending on the dealer. Ours are legit. We weren't stopped once! We weren't even glanced at. If I had been driving my motorbike, I would have been stopped almost every time. It was worth it to order that dark tint!

They stopped me yesterday by lumpini park while going to bike show. Actually they were stopping all big bikes. There was a duc monster near me.

They asked the whereabouts of my plate and my driving license. Explained them the bike is a new purchase. They checked the license and let me go without any fees:lol:

Karlos, they block that lane on weekends. Normally no one but buses are allowed thru, no cars, no taxis, no motorbikes, no vans, etc. They want you to take the left there at Chidlom, then the first right. You follow that back around to Phetchburi, about 100 meters down from Chidlom. Many try to run it, but it bottle necks right there, and the cops are good about catching up to you at the light, which you invariably usually get caught at. That is one place that I actually DO follow the signs, whether in my truck or on my motorcycle. I see too many people get stopped.

Funny, I was in a taxi and we came up to it and the driver asked if he should just try it, I said "sure there are no cops, just go go go!" We got stopped, he didn't have his paperwork, so I paid what was on the meter and caught the next taxi.

carlos, there is the most classic place for cops to catch you in Bangkok!

That lanes are usable by cars during weekdays but not weekends. They caught me there three times:)

It is major trap for people do not know Bangkok, yes Thai too!

• Like 1

BiB are at it again. This time on Ramkanhang right under the motorway 9 heading for Min Buri. They were in full force. They had many motorsy stopped. These idiots were out in the middle of the traffic screwing up the flow of cars. I'm batting 100% in the escape department had the big bike this time and I know that would have cost extra. Be careful out there I guess the truce is over bah.gif

They were in full force.

The CB400 Collector's Club. :rolleyes:

They were just passed Viphawadee hospital on Friday as well going towards the city. I've also noticed that the locals have copped on that they're back out so every few km you notice all the motosais pull into the left lane as they come up to a popular CB400 collection zone.

It does take a lot away from riding a bike around BKK, which hardly has many things going for it anyway.

Caught last night after midnight around kaosarn road in front of chanasongjran police station.

Reason: drunk - just two beers but passed the legal limit - 30 mins of blah blah blah at the police station and then 500 thb fee.

But they were putting drunk thai people to jail 7000 thb fine!

And people say that farangs get picked on and extorted by The Filth, my experience has always been that it is far less so that the Thais that are in the same situation.

I second that. They are much more friendly to us foreigners.

I reckon every police stop seen should be reported here asap. Lets have live updates since police are back...

So never pass by chanasongkran police station on bang lamphu road on friday and saturday after 22.00. They always wait there but first time i have been stopped.

I survived as i know the the police staff there and they know me too. But not the policeman that stopped me. Otherwise, you might stay all night there at custody and get fined 7000 thb.

They fined me for not having a license plate to keep the alcohol out of the reports as they say not good to have it in my record:lol:

I love the police in Thailand. They always help me somehow.

Edited by loserlazer

Caught last night after midnight around kaosarn road in front of chanasongjran police station.

Reason: drunk - just two beers but passed the legal limit - 30 mins of blah blah blah at the police station and then 500 thb fee.

which machine did they use the roadside one that looks like a tube and just beeps or the proper one with the lcd on it.. i got pulled on phetchasem rd failed the tube one but passed the lcd one...

which machine did they use the roadside one that looks like a tube and just beeps or the proper one with the lcd on it.. i got pulled on phetchasem rd failed the tube one but passed the lcd one...

The beauty of having a GF that doesn't drink and can ride 'big' bikes. I get drunk and she rides me home. smile.png Edited by macknife
  • Like 1

It was the lcd one.

Last time - 3 years ago - they stopped me on rama 9 for alcohol test and they let me go even though i well doubled the limit. They said i am OK:lol:

Police stops are getting more nowadays definitely. Just passed a checkpoint on phran nok road.

It was the lcd one.

Last time - 3 years ago - they stopped me on rama 9 for alcohol test and they let me go even though i well doubled the limit. They said i am OK:lol:

Police stops are getting more nowadays definitely. Just passed a checkpoint on phran nok road.

wow. and you were over .05..or 50 on the meter after just 2 beers... were they bottles or jugs. man

It was the lcd one.

wow. and you were over .05..or 50 on the meter after just 2 beers... were they bottles or jugs. man

Hmm. Maybe a little bit more than that:lol: