6 Nations Rugby On Ubc/true?

QED

I think Setanta have the rights again this year; for a warm-up Astro are showing a couple of games from last year on Friday morning this week on Supersports 2, and True normally show the same stuff.

And Astro are showing a couple of rugby league clips on Eurosport in preparation for the start of Superleague the same weekend

SC

Wales - Ireland and England - Scotland on live on Saturday night on Astro Channel 810 (the secret channel, that isn't shown on the internet listings...); the Sunday schedule is not showing yet....

And, of course, before that, on Eurosport we have live Superleague action with Leeds - Hull on Saturday night, and a delayed telecast at about the same time Sunday morning of the St Helens - Huddersfield game. Both games also repeated around mid-day.

SC

England v Scotland tonight. I'll be off out to watch that, pity it clashes with the 2nd half of my favourite football team, but rugby comes first.

I cannot see Scotland winning this one.

And a bit of impending doom as Owen Farrell puts over three points

AND SCOTLAND BREAK

"Scotland need to take every chance they get"

And they're over in the corner! 5-3 to Scotland! eleven minutes gone... the game being played briskly, but maybe not at the same frantic pace as the earlier Wales Ireland game.

Penalty England for not releasing, and Owen Farrell lines up another kick at goal and England back in the lead.

And Chris Ashton reaches out to score for England an the conversion makes it 16 - 8

And a couple of penalties sees Scotland claw back to 19 - 11 on the stroke of half time.

A lively and enjoyable game, and all to look forward to in the next forty minutes...

Edited by StreetCowboy

Sustained pressure sees Billy Twelvetrees crash over, and the England lead stretches to 26 - 11.

You may recall that Scotland A beat England Saxons last night 13 - 9, while England beat Scotland in the New Zealand Sevens Cup Quarter Final 31 - 7

And England are over again for another ... but no they're not, the Linesman calls them back for a high tackle, and Dylan Hartley is on, but Scotland cough up possession, Jim Hamilton can't chase Ben Youngs down, Owen Farrell passes out wide and England score another try

Edited by StreetCowboy

Men against boys at Twickenham.

But your pretty League boys are doing well, nonetheless

Sadly, they've just been let down by their forwards, and Scotland turn a scrum over

And Scotland break to score their second try, 31 - 18

and despite speculation before the game, I think that Alain Rolland has had a fair game]

Penalty, and Scotland have a lineout eight metres out...Squinty Ford throws in .... but a speculative kick sees England touch down behind their line and kick out from their 22

and Toby Flood slices through the Scotland defence... will the thin blue line hold? Penalty for holding on, and Scotland will hoof it down the park to clear - "tremendous fortitude", in the words of Brian Moore

but England win the lineout, and Johnnie Beattie stretches for a wild pass and an interception try, but his fingers are an inch too short and at the resulting scrum, Scotland give away a penalty and England kick down for a five metre lineout and Danny Care goes over under the posts

And despite the pre-match hype about the possibility of an upset, the bookmakers' odds proved fair, and Owen Farrell, man of the match, is talking to Hazel irvine on the touch line

Edited by StreetCowboy

It was a good game to watch last night Eng v Scot., no matter the result.

When Scotland got that 1st try you could see an unexpected result coming. It added an expectation of a good game ensuing.

As I say, a good game and well done to both sides.

• Like 1

does anyone have Astro on an internet connection? The channels are all over the place and therefore difficult to know where 810 is, if it is there at all. Did anyone find it?

810 might be hard to find - it's an extra 'unscheduled' channel, the schedules only appear on the TV Planner a couple of days in advance, and never on the internet schedule. Sorry I can't be more helpful, as I've never used the Astro-on-Internet service, though maybe I should figure it out for next weekend, when I'll be out of the country...

Go to this website: http://www.truevisionstv.com/trueworld.aspx

Input the following:

Package: ALL

World: ALL

Channel: True Sport Extra 1 (scroll through the listing)

Date: ALL

Keyword: RBS 6 NATIONS (must be all caps)

Hit Search. You'll get an 8 page listing of all of the games televised in February. The live games are indicated with an (L) before the nations playing. Enjoy!

Looks like it will be Scotland and Wales fighting it out for the wooden spoon.

this is blasphemy wales fighting for the wooden spoon not if god gets his way.

thank you god france 6 wales 16

so pie and mash with france playing their next match twickers they will need more than help from god.