Car Stereo Upgrade In Pattaya?

Awohalitsiktoli

Go to Boy Sound & Air ....

They messed me about a lot on a recent order worth 20K that was ordered with a large deposit but never arrived over a month later (or rather did arrive at least twice but was sold to other people who were "in a hurry").

In the end I took my deposit back from them and went to Bangkok to get what I wanted, where it cost 1000B less and was fitted in one third of the time (1hr25 instead of 5 hours) with no deposit and just 4 days advance notice by phone. I would never waste my time with Boy A&S again.

Go to Boy Sound & Air ....

They messed me about a lot on a recent order worth 20K that was ordered with a large deposit but never arrived over a month later (or rather did arrive at least twice but was sold to other people who were "in a hurry").

In the end I took my deposit back from them and went to Bangkok to get what I wanted, where it cost 1000B less and was fitted in one third of the time (1hr25 instead of 5 hours) with no deposit and just 4 days advance notice by phone. I would never waste my time with Boy A&S again.

How much did the fuel cost to drive to BKK ?

Boy took 5 hrs to install then you asked for your deposit back ?

I dont know and I dont really care. I went elsewhere because Boy A&S just messed me about and I dont appreciate that.

The trip certainly didnt cost more than the money I saved by going there, even including the tolls and in fact I enjoyed the trip very much so it was a nice half-day out.

No, they said that the order time would be under 10 days and fitting would be 5 hours. They took a fairly large deposit. Some 35 days later they still hadnt got the thing for me (because they repeatedly let other people have it when it arrived) and so I took my deposit back. I then ordered it over the phone at the Bangkok place, where I had it fitted in 1hr25 minutes just 4 days later, with no deposit being asked for or given. That is how I expect things to be.

Sadly it was exactly the same when I bought the vehicle in the first place. Pattaya dealers were generally useless, expensive, unwilling to negotiate and with little or no stock. Bangkok dealers generally were the opposite.

Hooray, good for you.

I have spent a bit of money with Boy over the years and the service has been second to none, infact one time when I toasted a sub he sent one of his staff to my work to instal the replacement.

I wonder if your attitude at Boy's is the same here in this thread, would explain the poor service.

Edited by Spoonman
  • Like 1

I dont know and I dont really care. I went elsewhere because Boy A&S just messed me about and I dont appreciate that.

The trip certainly didnt cost more than the money I saved by going there, even including the tolls and in fact I enjoyed the trip very much so it was a nice half-day out.

No, they said that the order time would be under 10 days and fitting would be 5 hours. They took a fairly large deposit. Some 35 days later they still hadnt got the thing for me (because they repeatedly let other people have it when it arrived) and so I took my deposit back. I then ordered it over the phone at the Bangkok place, where I had it fitted in 1hr25 minutes just 4 days later, with no deposit being asked for or given. That is how I expect things to be.

Sadly it was exactly the same when I bought the vehicle in the first place. Pattaya dealers were generally useless, expensive, unwilling to negotiate and with little or no stock. Bangkok dealers generally were the opposite.

Hooray, good for you.

I have spent a bit of money with Boy over the years and the service has been second to none, infact one time when I toasted a sub he sent one of his staff to my work to instal the replacement.

I wonder if your attitude at Boy's is the same here in this thread, would explain the poor service.

Spoonman, BlackPudding was just giving an opinion on service he was given at one of the shops suggested. You don't share the same opinion. Good. We are all allowed to have a different opinion. You think that he has a negative attitude? was he not allowed to say something disparaging? You had a crack at him travelling to BKK and then had a crack at his attitude. Don't get it, it's a forum, he can have an opinion and so can you. He doesn't just have to meet your stamp of approval.

Edited by Dorkers
  • Like 2

That would be my "attitude" of expecting to receive something when promised rather than several weeks later? Fair enough.

I actually usually get extremely good service from people of all nationalities, probably due to my polite nature. But Boy A&S dont seem to appreciate this.

That would be my "attitude" of expecting to receive something when promised rather than several weeks later? Fair enough.

Did Boy not tell you a day to come back when your stuff would be there ?

Indeed they did. Three different days in fact, all spaced 10 days apart. But the thing was never there and all I ever got was "we'll order it again" and another date 10 days in the future. This is poor service in any language.

The Bangkok place just got the thing on time and fitted it on time as arranged over the phone, without asking for any deposit and without any delay beyond the initial 4 days notice for the appointment. This is proper service in any language.

I agree that is poor service and completely out of character for Boy, that sub I mentioned before that I toasted. he ordered a new one and rang me when it arrived. I told him I was busy and could not get in there before closing time hence he sent his techie out to my work.

Anytime I have had to order stuff he calls when it has arrived.

Given that I started this thread, and given some responses about "Boy Air and Sound," (BAS) I just want to say that today BAS removed my old stereo and speakers and upgraded the entire system.......gave me good advice, gave me a discount, free USB flash disk, and provided me with extremely professional service. It was a pleasure dealing with them and I highly recommended them. I hope I can say that on TV......not an advertisement.......just my opinion :) If you want to go there from S. Pattaya/Jomtien, drive down Sukhumvit like you are going to Bangkok.....keep going and going.......on the left you pass the Bangkok Hospital......much later, the Pink Place built by the owner of Saha Chicken farms (horrible architecture).......then some hotel/condo (Chokotel ?).......start looking on the other side of the road and you will, with luck see BAS......get ready to turn right to make a U turn.....miss that U turn and you are screwed! BAS is on the corner of Soi 5 Sukhumvit.

It was a pleasure dealing with them and I highly recommended them. I hope I can say that on TV......not an advertisement.......just my opinion smile.png

Your opinion is shared by pretty much all who experience Boy Air And Sound which is why I believe BlackPudd's dealing's to be well out of the ordinary and I wonder why so.

Edited by Spoonman

Have to agree on that, I went to air boy and sound yesterday with the intention of buying in car DVD system, we went into the shop, being the only customers in there expected a little service, but it took my girl to ask for some service and the response was a Kenwood flyer handed over then return to seat. Bad service and wont be back. So how did you find the place in Bangkok as I still want the system. Thanks Edited by marstons